Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should we move to Ukraine?

Hi guys,

My Ukrainian wife and are planing to relocate to another country next year and we are thinking about Yerevan (Armenia), Ukraine and Georgia (Tbilisi or Batumi).

Armenia, has some serious problems with its neighbors and Georgia, is a good option too but economy is poor yet, although it is developing fast.

We are going to have a baby soon, so we should take this into consideration too.

I am a professional barber, and I know English fluently. Recently I have started to learn Russian as well, and I earn about 160$ every month from my investment in a bank.

Anyhow, the questions is that should we choose Ukraine? Could I support my family in there and would I be able to find a job as barber? How much I would possibly earn?

Any other advice?

Thanks

What comparisons?

What you are not saying is about where you have right of abode to live now. Also you don't tell your current age, and that has a bearing on any given advice.
    If you are currently resident in Egypt or Libya, then the countries you are mentioning have more to offer you. However, if you are currently living in the USA, Canada, EU or similar state, then I think you could be jumping from the frying pan into the fire.

I spend as much time as I can in Ukraine because my sweetheart lives there. But I have a pension from my homeland and I am not dependant on the Ukraine for income. Employment is not an easy situation (especially if you are not fluent in Ukrainan or Russian), and many people are only earning around 2000 UAH every month. If you could buy your own home for cash, then life would be less of a struggle. If you have to rent, you could be hard pushed to pay your way every month.

My advice to you is to come and visit Ukraine and see if you like it.

Comment

Thanks for your advice Gizmo.

Anyway, I am 27, my wife is 24. We are living in Iran now, and due to lack of freedom, polluted, densely populated and expensive Tehran, we are considering relocation. While I earning about 600$ here a month, but it is hard to finish the month, and my wife can't work here too.

About visa, we won't have problem living in Iran, Ukr, Arm, Georgia and Turkey, but as I said, we are having Ukr, Arm and Georgia in our minds.

Comment

whats the cost of living in ukraine???tomko

Comment

Ukraine's cost of living

I'm not in Ukraine at the moment and although I shop regularly when there, my short term memory cannot recall latest prices. I can say however, as an Englishman, the few food's that I do find cheaper than England is their locally grown vegetables, eggs, bread, chicken and certain fish. Red meat is either the same price (but poor quality) with good quality steak (if you can find it) costing more than UK. Lamb is very rare and expensive when seen. However, proportionate to typical Ukrainian income, food cost demands a much larger percentage of expenditure against income.

In Lugansk, a Soviet build apartment with basic furniture can be rented from 1500 UAH per month. That is the basic start point, but you will have to pay much more for a more modern build with superior amenities. When you consider that many Ukrainians here are only earning 2000 to 2500 UAH per month, I can assure you that life is not easy.

However, if you have a western Europe or USA/ Canada income, a comfortable life is achievable.

Comment

Originally posted by Ukraine_S View Post
            Hi guys,

My Ukrainian wife and are planing to relocate to another country next year and we are thinking about Yerevan (Armenia), Ukraine and Georgia (Tbilisi or Batumi).

Armenia, has some serious problems with its neighbors and Georgia, is a good option too but economy is poor yet, although it is developing fast.

We are going to have a baby soon, so we should take this into consideration too.

I am a professional barber, and I know English fluently. Recently I have started to learn Russian as well, and I earn about 160$ every month from my investment in a bank.

Anyhow, the questions is that should we choose Ukraine? Could I support my family in there and would I be able to find a job as barber? How much I would possibly earn?

Any other advice?

Thanks
            That is some tough question and I don't believe anyone can tell you if you SHOULD move to Ukraine. You are the one to decide. To some decent research first before making any decisions. There are good things about our country, as well as some bad things. Read some decent blogs. Here is mine: Alex Kravchenko Blog - Traveling in Ukraine, Ukrainian Politics and more , although keep in mind that I complain a lot ha ha. But you get the point. Do some research. Average salaries in our country are pretty low. Check out these series of articles. I know Georgia is doing much better than our country. If I were you, I would pick Georgia. At least they are looking to be closer to Europe, than Russia. While our government does not know what they want.
            Hi everyone!

Comment

hello all I am from georgia ... does anybody want to travel in georgia .. it is very beautiful country .. I can hellp us ..

Comment

hy all I am form georgia .. it is very beautifull , wandeful nature . if somebod want to travel there I can help , I have a bus and I can show you my country full. it is cost very cheap .

Comment

No........

Comment

Originally posted by zodoz View Post
                    No........
                    AWWW c'mon zodoz, he wants cheap advertising!

Comment

Working...
                    X