X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yatsenyuk versus Poroshenko

Czech President considers Ukraine’s Yatsenyuk “prime minister of war”

3 January 2015 | FOCUS News Agency | Sophia, Bulgaria

Prague. Czech President Milos Zeman thinks that Ukraine’s Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk is a “prime minister of war”, who does not want a peaceful solution to the problems in his country.

“Judging by some of the statement of Prime Minister Yatsenyuk, I think that he is rather a prime minister of war because he does not want peaceful solution, as recommended by the European Union (EU), but instead prefers to use force,” President Milos Zeman said in an interview for the Saturday edition of Pravo newspaper.

In Zeman’s words, the policy carried out by Kiev has two faces – one of President Petro Poroshenko, who can be a “man of truce”, and another one – of Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk, who shows uncompromising position towards the revels in East Ukraine.

This is probably why they are a good pair that Ukraine voted to keep, there's a balance there.

Poroshenko will be able to hold Yatsenyuk back, but Yatsenyuk will prevent Poroshenko conceding too much to Putin.

Ukraine is lead by a dove and a hawk and that's probably the arrangement the country needs.

Comment

Originally posted by GoodLuckUkraine View Post
      This is probably why they are a good pair that Ukraine voted to keep, there's a balance there.
      GoodLuckUkraine, I actually hadn't thought of it this way. As much as I dislike Yatsenyuk, you make a good point!

Comment

Originally posted by Szary View Post

GoodLuckUkraine, I actually hadn't thought of it this way. As much as I dislike Yatsenyuk, you make a good point!
        Not really. Well, nothing extraordinary with their arrangement. Both aren't ethnic Ukrainian so sending people into war is not a concern. What is are keeping up appearances. Both like to talk 'tough.' Poroshenko has already declared his willingness to implement martial law.

Both are puppets and merely playing two different roles in that regard. 'Yats' was a darling of the US but they didn't want him 'in charge' permanently.

Comment

Originally posted by Tkach View Post
          Not really. Well, nothing extraordinary with their arrangement. Both aren't ethnic Ukrainian so sending people into war is not a concern. What is are keeping up appearances. Both like to talk 'tough.' Poroshenko has already declared his willingness to implement martial law.

Both are puppets and merely playing two different roles in that regard. 'Yats' was a darling of the US but they didn't want him 'in charge' permanently.
          I disagree, they do appear to be a good team. Balance is good.

Conspiracy theories are just that, conspiracy theories. Time will tell if there is any truth to your theories, right now, Ukraine needs balance along with Russian withdrawl from inside their borders. All of them.

Slava Ukraini

Comment

Tkach : Both aren't ethnic Ukrainian so sending people into war is not a concern.
            The Poroshenko surname is in fact Ukrainian. Today there are appx 400 people w/this surname living in Eastern Ukraine and have given names like Oksana, Tamara, Nadezhda (Nadya), Maryna, Evdokhia and Marya as per Christian Calendar. The men have equally Christian given names like Hryhoriy, Taras and Ivan etc.

It has been inferred in these forums that Poroshenko is Jewish. He is not Jewish and only a bigot would raise this as an issue anyway.

I have no time to look into Yatseniuk surname right now, but I will shortly.
            ================================================
            Arseniy Yatsenyuk is not Jewish. He is ethnic Ukrainian w/some Romanian mix. This is very common mix in Chernivtsi region (historic Bukowyna Province, Land of Beech Trees), where his family originates.

FYI Jewish IS NOT AN ETHNICITY. It is a religion !
            Last edited by Hannia; 5th January 2015, 05:19.

æ, !

Hannia - Hania - Mighthelp

Comment

Originally posted by Szary View Post
              3 January 2015 | FOCUS News Agency | Sophia, Bulgaria

Prague. Czech President Milos Zeman thinks that Ukraine’s Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk is a “prime minister of war”, who does not want a peaceful solution to the problems in his country.
              ========================================
              ========================================
              Ceski Noviny (Czech News) Jan 2, 2015
              Zeman to go to Moscow in May to attend war´s end celebrations

Prague - Czech President Milos Zeman will visit Russia minimally once in 2015, namely to attend the celebrations of the 70th anniversary of the end of World War Two in May, ParlamentníListy.cz writes today referring to his spokesman Jiri Ovcacek.

Media write, however, that Zeman has also been invited to a bilateral visit that could take place in the autumn. He has not yet allegedly accepted the invitation.

Zeman, whom opponents have criticised for his accommodating stance on Vladimir Putin´s regime, including on the Ukraine conflict, has been invited to the celebrations of the Victory Day together with other statesmen.

"The President has received an invitation to the celebrations of the 70th anniversary of Victory Day in Moscow on May 9, 2015. The President has accepted the invitation the same as he did last year in connection with the celebrations of the Normandy landings," Ovcacek said.

Opponents criticised Zeman for challenging the effectivity of the sanctions the EU imposed against Russia in reaction to the annexation of Crimea.

Zeman also doubted the presence of Russian soldiers in eastern Ukraine. He defended his stance saying he wants to protect the interests of Czech exporters and investors in Russia.

Prime Minister Bohuslav Sobotka (Social Democrats, CSSD) met Zeman over some of his statements in December. He told lawmakers afterwards that certain "nuances" of opinion on foreign policy exist in other European countries too.

Sobotka said he considers concurring stances taken at EU summits, in NATO and the United Nations to be of key importance.
              Zeman to go to Moscow in May to attend war´s end celebrations - ČeskéNoviny.cz
              =====================================
              It's all in one's point of view....

æ, !

Comment

Originally posted by Hannia View Post
                The Poroshenko surname is in fact Ukrainian. Today there are appx 400 people w/this surname living in Eastern Ukraine and have given names like Oksana, Tamara, Nadezhda (Nadya), Maryna, Evdokhia and Marya as per Christian Calendar. The men have equally Christian given names like Hryhoriy, Taras and Ivan etc.

It has been inferred in these forums that Poroshenko is Jewish. He is not Jewish and only a bigot would raise this as an issue anyway.

I have no time to look into Yatseniuk surname right now, but I will shortly.
                ================================================
                Arseniy Yatsenyuk is not Jewish. He is ethnic Ukrainian w/some Romanian mix. This is very common mix in Chernivtsi region (historic Bukowyna Province, Land of Beech Trees), where his family originates.

+1

For one thing, like you said, that shouldn't be an argument point. But more than that, I don't know how many more times Poroshenko can make it clearer through his actions that he isn't.

See whats been posted in the past day.

Contact forum moderators here.

Comment

This topic reminds me of the desperate and undignified Republican campaign to undermine Obama by claiming he was not an American and not eligible for the presidency.

Eventually he had to produce his birth certificate just to shut them up.

Comment

Originally posted by Tkach View Post
                    Both aren't ethnic Ukrainian so sending people into war is not a concern.
                    They are Ukrainian! Their family histories aren't a concern. They are both giving their best efforts for the benefit of Ukraine.

Retirement sucks! You never get a day off!!!

Comment

Hey, this is called democracy so get used to it. It seem to me there is too much emphasis of ethnicity in Ukraine but then again I don't live there so I can't understand what makes Ukrainians tick. As a Canadian observer with Ukrainian roots I see a nation struggling to exist in the shadow of the mighty Russian bear who will rip Ukraine to shreds if its chains are loosened. Now these chains can be loosened by lack of resolve and infighting among Ukrainian people who do not unite for the cause of nationhood, I was shocked to realize that Eastern Ukraine is practically a Russian colony where Ukrainian is not even spoken by many citizens. And to add to my dismay the "patriotic" Kozaks are stabbing Ukraine in the back allying with Russian backed separatist forces fighting against Ukraine. What a disgrace these traitors are and they should be removed from the Ukrainian National Anthem as well. Ukraine you plenty of home grown traitors among you that landed you in this endless war.

Comment

Originally posted by Cargocat View Post
                        Hey, this is called democracy so get used to it. It seem to me there is too much emphasis of ethnicity in Ukraine but then again I don't live there so I can't understand what makes Ukrainians tick. As a Canadian observer with Ukrainian roots I see a nation struggling to exist in the shadow of the mighty Russian bear who will rip Ukraine to shreds if its chains are loosened. Now these chains can be loosened by lack of resolve and infighting among Ukrainian people who do not unite for the cause of nationhood, I was shocked to realize that Eastern Ukraine is practically a Russian colony where Ukrainian is not even spoken by many citizens. And to add to my dismay the "patriotic" Kozaks are stabbing Ukraine in the back allying with Russian backed separatist forces fighting against Ukraine. What a disgrace these traitors are and they should be removed from the Ukrainian National Anthem as well. Ukraine you plenty of home grown traitors among you that landed you in this endless war.
                        You have Ukrainian roots but didn't realize that the eastern regions were mostly Russian speaking? That is, even if they know Ukrainian (which might be doubtful), they speak Russian (first) - mother tongue.

My relatives are from the Western part but I at least acknowledge the reality over there. The eastern part have a lot of pensioners. They 'remember' Soviet times and are attached to Russia so they are extra receptive to Kremlin propaganda. It doesn't help that the fools in other regions, radicals speak ill of 'Russians' and that the confusion (i.e. the meaning) provides ammo for propaganda.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannia View Post
                          [/B]Arseniy Yatsenyuk is not Jewish. He is ethnic Ukrainian w/some Romanian mix. This is very common mix in Chernivtsi region (historic Bukowyna Province, Land of Beech Trees), where his family originates.

You need to work on your research skills. Or you are purposefully ignorant.

Arseniy Yatsenyuk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Open Ukraine: Благодійний фонд Арсенія Яценюка

Mission - Open Ukraine: Arseniy Yatsenyuk foundation

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...ky/cM5tngfdhZs

*Advertisement

About three weeks ago Yuri Dubinsky, wearing a black skullcap, appeared on TV, introducing himself as the chairman of the Jewish community of Kharkov. Apparently this is a matter of controversy, but Dubinsky declared he was speaking not only in the name of all the Jews of Kharkov, and not just in the name of all the Jews of Ukraine, but for the entire Jewish people. He does not belong to any party, he said, but will support Yatsenyuk because of his Jewish origin.

Followers of the Lubavitcher Rebbe also published a long letter condemning Yatsenyuk for denying his Jewishness.

Ukraine: The Rise of Yatsenyuk / ISN

Yatsenyuk discusses situation in Ukraine with American Jewish Committee representatives

Anyway, I've discussed politics with a lot of Ukrainian friends and EVERY ONE OF THEM believe both are Jewish. They live in various areas of Ukraine.

Surname doesn't matter because, apparently, original surnames are often changed.

I just wonder why it's irrelevant. CIA, U.S. involvement is denied. This is denied. 'F*ck the EU' and American representatives go to Ukraine but that is overlooked. Perhaps, people are paid off here?

Comment

Cargocat, in central UA where I am now Russian is still spoken but Ukrainian is gaining ground because of the last years worth of the Russian invasion.
                            Tkach, you seem to worry more about their religion than anyone else. Why is that?

Retirement sucks! You never get a day off!!!

Comment

Tkach : You need to work on your research skills. Or you are purposefully ignorant.
                              It doesn't take a genius to recognize an avid anti-semite. This makes you a huge embarrassment to this forum.

I am sorry that enlightenment has passed you by and you live w/a hole in your mind and soul, but you do not get to spew bigoted hatred into this forum and think you can get away with it.

æ, !

Comment

Working...
                              X