Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone intested in learning English or opening a English tutor center or a school?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone intested in learning English or opening a English tutor center or a school?

Happy New Year, Everyone!
    This is Peace Love from Toronto in Canada.
    I hope to meet someone who is good at English or very interested in Learning English. I want to teach English first, then find a partner to open a English Tutor center then an English School in Ukraine.
    Feel free to contact me at frankxiong@gawab.com.

One more thing, I am new for this Forum, I am a little surprised to see that most members here are from outside Ukraine, and most posts are months or years old.
    Is this true? And what are the possible reasons? Could anyone recommend a place with more people?
    Thanks a lot for any kind reply!
    Peace Love

A little about the kindling past of Ukraine.com

Originally posted by Peace Love View Post
    Happy New Year, Everyone!
    This is Peace Love from Toronto in Canada.
    I hope to meet someone who is good at English or very interested in Learning English. I want to teach English first, then find a partner to open a English Tutor center then an English School in Ukraine.
    Feel free to contact me at frankxiong@gawab.com.

One more thing, I am new for this Forum, I am a little surprised to see that most members here are from outside Ukraine, and most posts are months or years old.
    Is this true? And what are the possible reasons? Could anyone recommend a place with more people?
    Thanks a lot for any kind reply!
    Peace Love
    Hello to a peace loving human! You can hardly imagine how vibrant was this place in the past. How many passionate discussions followed every day and how earnest people used to be in confronting their views.
    I was particularly interested in the History forum and it was so good to interact with knowledgeable people presenting a wide spectrum of their national and personal backgrounds. I remember I could not wait the answers of my opponents or supporters some time ago. Those virtual meeting had many exciting additions in real world. I personally met two forumers in Lviv, one in Warsaw and I still have much hope for more unforgettable visits. For me, this place is meaningful and I made several e-mail friends who I respect much. Some personalities sharing their thinking here put unbelievable amount of energy which, when combined with unusual talents, made me read their contributions with real, real pleasure. Many thanks Rajkumar, Lilly, Kathy, Digital Vampire, Andrewblow, Johnstruthers, Lilly, Donquichotte, Divchyna, The Last Word, Volodymyr G., Serhii, Hannia, Irinka, Happy Gunner, Halina, Mackum, Dobko, Jarema, Zhuk, Batukhan, Ulysses, Forest, Laryska, Ivan Mazepa, Petro Moskal for your efforts. You left lasting imprint on my mind.
    Well, we have to accept that the intensity of the thought exchange could not last on high emotional tone forever. The life around is so exciting and there are so many temptations... One thing is sure - Ukraine is a magic land and it is so not only for Ukrainians. A country without natural borders like high mountains or great water, with fabulous fertility of domestic soil could not get unnoticed. It is maybe hard to believe now, but the very word Ukraine sounded like Promised Land for many of my countrymen in the past. History did not treat this land well. True. Yet, Ukraine resurrected and Ukraine will prosper in the end, I am sure.
    For me, there could be hardly more instructive lessons of English than participating to this group. I have never been to the English-speaking country, with a little exception lasting for a few days, but I had to work hard many times here trying to understand others in the first place and then trying to give a reasonable answer understandable to others. Passionate discussion is an excellent tool for the comprehension improvement.
    Zbigniew, a western neighbour of Ukrainian people.

Peace Love if you were somehow able to warm up this oven of thought trading again , I'd say: chapeau bas my friend, chapeau bas!

Comment

There is fine line between a good argument and an internet fight. This place used to be one of my biggest addictions. It lasted as long as I could "cause trouble" and get away with it. Many were like me, rebellious in nature and then something very dramatic has happened - COMMUNISM. Just kidding, but since every joke as a bit of truth there is some here too. This board changed and controls were put in place. Heated debates ended up with forum members banned. At that time I once again voiced my opinion that the board owners/managers were full of it (I was very blunt and used bad words). So I got banned. It took a few years to come back. Most people drifted away. New members aren't finding this forum all that well... And lastly, there are so many forums around that this place had little (if any) chance of future success. Sad ... but true.

Lastly, most people in Ukraine don't speak English, this forum wouldn't work for them, hence you see us from around the world.

Comment

The strong are just, and the weak secure, and the peace preserved!

Dear Zbyszek and V-G:
        I am very glad to get responses from you two!
        If you two are Ukrainians and living in Ukraine right now(?), I am happy to know that Ukrainians are energetic, confident and passionate! And I am sure that I will find more and better characteristics soon!
        I believe in Truth, Compassion and Tolerance. So my real name is Frank, I don’t like to tell any lies, even so-called white lies. My user name is peace love. I hope to live in a peaceful and prosperous world.
        To keep peace, I agree with the most popular American President, John F. Kennedy. He said in his Inaugural Address : " A new world of law -- where the strong are just, and the weak secure, and the peace preserved! " We need to pursuit Peace, it’s the precondition for prosperity!
        How could we pursuit peace? I think, we need to know each other well first, then try to understand each other , respect each other as human beings, be tolerant of dissent, finally we might like each other and help each other!

So, Dear Zbyszek and V-G, let’s get to know each other first now. And knowing another language would be helpful!
        You guys’ English is very good! It’s because you learn English in a very smart way : Use it!
        Do you know anyone who is interested in the idea: Be a good English learner first, a good English teacher second, then open an English school in Ukraine?
        I hope that I haven’t disappointed you two friends and I could get your responses again!
        All the best to you two for The New Year!
        Frank at frankxiong@gawab.com

Comment

Starting English Tutoring School in Odessa

Prevet.
          This forum is so cool!
          I get to move to Ukraine this January, and found much of this forum very useful.

I dont know if this thread is still being checked, but I'm hoping it is.
          I'm hoping to get some facts about being hired to Teach Conversational English, or starting a school in Odessa.

I plan to work with orphans, via a church in Odessa.
          Does my church need to be registered in order to request a visa for me?
          Is there any way for me to get to stay more than 3 months at a time? (example: residency, or visa?)

Do I have to have any College Degree to be hired, or to teach.

It seems its a lot of work for a business to hire me, so how much more difficult is to create my own "English Society"? (I do have several friends in Odessa that could apply with me)

What would it cost to be a teacher, or to start an English Society?

I know there are so many questions, but I'm hoping someone has some previous experience in this.

Please Understand: I'm moving to Ukraine to Live, not to make money.
          I'm moving to work with the church there, and hopefully orphans.
          But I need to make enough to support myself. I dont want to be a burden on others.

Lastly, I'm not rich.
          I'm leaving my good IT Job in the US, to live in Ukraine.
          I'm looking to invest money, or get scammed.
          I'm just looking to serve God in Ukraine.

Thanks For any usefull information :-)

Comment

Hi,

have you arrived to Ukraine?

Comment

Sorry, I mis-stated myself.
              I AM NOT looking to invest money or get Scammed.

Thanks,

Peter Morgan

Comment

I am interested
                I am living in Kiev
                my email is ninayatsyk@ukr.net

Comment

ave you opened a school?
                  Are you still looking to?

Comment

I visited Ukraine twice and can visit again.

Originally posted by vasiliy.ua View Post
                    Hi,

have you arrived to Ukraine?
                    Hello Vasiliy,
                    I visited Ukraine twice and can visit Ukraine again if we can really start this business.
                    Shall we have a video discussion if you are still interested in this plan?
                    Here is my Skype username:frankxiong1964

Comment

Originally posted by ninel25 View Post
                      I am interested
                      I am living in Kiev
                      my email is ninayatsyk@ukr.net

Hello Ninel25,

Comment

Originally posted by hollywoodhaisch View Post
                        ave you opened a school?
                        Are you still looking to?

Hello hollywoodhaisch,

Comment

What I can tell you...

If you are a legitimate religious representative, you may be given special Visa consideration. Google search for Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the Embassy of you Country of origin and specify Ukraine...

Living here is not very expensive. Rent : $500 per month maybe.
                          Utilities: $30 per month max.
                          Transportation: depends on how many taxis you take...$50 per month less if you like walking
                          Food: Normal prices from home...{edit} Food "can" be cheap if you like vegetables, fish, chicken, etc....
                          Phone & Internet are cheap...
                          Last edited by zodoz; 16th February 2012, 08:01.

Comment

@Peace Love

I would like to talk to you via Skype, I will add you and my skype ID is wjsd....(some other letters) sorry I don't want to post my full ID..

What times are you available? Your Time zone?

S.

Comment

Working...
                            X