Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Russia in the flesh Chapter One.

Greetings,

Here is what I saw and what was seen of me in Russia 2002.

Sofi Fatale was not her name but the lady who met me at the (SVO) airport in Moscow had an amazing resemblence. Since the movie "Kill Bill" had not come out yet I believe that was a good thing because I may have become a bit nervous around her. All in all this lady that I will call Tasha is one woman who has all the cinematic and human appeal that any man could ever dream of as far as sex ual graces go.
    Waiting at the ticket counter in Frankfurt after my name was called for a change of planes and seating assignment it was my pleasure to meet my first Russian. Babushka in every way and a shoulder that was used for busting que's had slammed into my left side and now magically appeared ahead of me in line. Acting on reflex I went for my side-arm but quickly realized upon glance that it would'nt be needed...well not just yet..lol,
    Okay so I got move to the front of the plane because it was a smaller plane and three of us had to shift assignments. So I was lucky enough to be in row one and close to the food and exit. The flight lasted a couple of hours and touched down at(SVO). I went through the general line and was stopped and asked to have a seat. I waited over an hour and then was let into customs declaration for the things I brought with me and decided to not participate but to follow the two military men in uniform who had been watching me for an hour. Needless to say I had no declaration for my return and would find that out later..lol interestingly enough the two guys watching me were not needed to direct me back.
    Tasha met me as we planned and I changed some currency for roubles(rubels). I learned my first Russian word about three hours before and spaceboed my way to a taxi that took us to the Stretenskaya hotel. For 155.00 per night I was glad I'd only booked two nights there. It was nice but lacked central location that was near anything of interest so we moved to the largest hotel in Europe that was situated next to the Kremlin. That was a nice hotel for 60 per night and with 14 restaurants. Tasha liked the simple dinners of 10-14 for us both. I actually ate buckweat at that restaurant for the first time in my life.
    The first afternoon I was in Moscow the temperature was only 18 degrees below freezing so I thought I'd be okay without a hat..lol About a mile down the road Tasha at 4'11 and 100 pounds had become my interpreter,friend,nurse,and anything else you could decribe for someone without a clue like myself. She took care of me and found a cossack that was selling hats in the subway. I felt good now because I had probably attained a body temperature just above survival and after 13 or so hours of flying time I was not exactly in the best of shape as far as fatige was concerned.
    My first impression of Tasha was that she was very beautiful and took good care of herself. She had amazing eyes and beautiful hair. As we sat in the cab to go the stretenskaya I made a move kiss her on the cheek but she moved back from me slightly and I took this as normal and remembered to not do that again unless offered. She showed me her old Soviet passport as well as her new one. I think she also had a permit of sorts for the city she came from which was a 17 hour train ride to meet me. Luckily I thought ahead and asked the hotel to admit her early and supply what she needed until I arrived. The girl had a sandwich wrapped up in the mini-bar when we arrived and she was happy.
    I brought her a cocnut and a pineapple in my luggage as she had asked for and she fashioned a knife and began to carve away shortly after we arrived in the room. I liked the way she went after the pineapple and also went after the coconut. In frustration she bounced the coconut off the bathroom floor and began to eat. These fruits are expensive to Russians and quality is not that good I've been told. Don't get me wrong here she cleaned the coconut and also fashioned it in a polite manner as far as eating goes.
    So a great dinner at the Stretenskaya was in order for us as we dined within a tropical setting inside the hotel. You could open the window to the outside of your room and hear music and gaze at a tropical setting. Even the temperature felt balmy and the music was live and in order during dinner. We had our pictures made with the violin man and his buddy who fashioned a guitar. The feelings were romantic and the food was great. Tasha was very happy and smiles were everywhere.

Camster

my second thoughts

HiYa,

I will say that being in Russia at 18 degrees minus freezing was in contrast to a 65F in a thirtenn hour swing and not to mention the time change. I thought it would be better to stay awake as long as I could and then fall asleep.
    So myself and Tasha had dinner and went to our room where we opened the window to the tropical garden. It was as if I'd traveled 13 hours by plane to see the cold and snow only to have picked a hotel that does not even have a window to the outside but rather a window to the same landscape I'd just traveled from..lol
    We shared the same bed and spoke none of each others language, I worried for her from the start because she trusted me so much from our internet discussions and such things. I worried because she was so far away from home. I worried because maybe bad people unlike myself had come to this country and been less honorable as myself. I worried that women like Tasha did not deserve the bad things in life.
    The next morning I hired a gay translater and he was okay except that he was too gay. His manners were a load of gayness but that did not distract the communication process. He seemed to speak well enough but he had this body language of a woman so it was interesting in the fact that he was so open about it. After this we headed for the subway and I was cut twice on the knee because I kept banging into the subway gates as you put your ticket in to enter. This ****e pizzed me off and nobody spoke English. Finally a Babushka came along with perfect communication skills and help me when Tasha could not. I forgave all Babushka's after that and even promised myself to use them when in need.
    At this point Russia seemed very normal to me and I'd only been there for 36 hours. I could tell the people for the most part were good people. I could tell whenever I got on a subway that people were looking at me. I have very good side to side vision and it was VERY apparent that I was being looked at in a curious manner. I did not mind being looked at but they seemed to not realize that I could see almost behind my head easily with my vision. This caused me to always pick a good location on the subway that would enable me to look into peoples eyes rather than them look about me and guess a peek at me..lol
    The second night at the posh hotel was a night of lovemaking and that type activity. I seemed to feel a lot better and was certainly interested in Tasha. Tasha was very interested in me. It seems to me Russian women don't have the hang-ups that western women have but it also seemed Tasha was not very experienced in love. I was able to help in her in many areas but mostly the kissing area. She needed work on being softer and less aggressive so I slowed down the process and it worked very well for both of us.

Camster

Comment

Anyway

This story is nothing special and rather typical so i'll cut to the chase as far as my opinions go.
      The people were nice and so was I towards them. The weather was cold and the people seemed to be cold too. The scenery was mostly gray with colors of buildings painted in many ways like easter eggs if that makes sense. Co;orful trimwork with colors that seemed to match the buildings in a way not akin to the west.
      Tasha was a great person towards me and she was very proud of many aspects of Russia. She was sad in many ways about the Russian situation but that makes sense due to common knowledge of the situation there.
      I paid for all her travel and also gave her extra money to buy things. Most of the time she would not accept money so I had to almost make her take it. She was a genuine person first in my book and a Russian to go along with that. She did what all good people of great culture do in that she was herself and proud of who she was.

Camster

Comment

CameoJoey,

I wonder how the story ends. Do you still have contact with Tasha.

Comment

HiYa Kaizer

HiYa
          The story seems to go on today but at an angle somewhat different than you might guess.
          Tasha and myself went to the airport for my departure home and got up early to get some coffee in the bar before we headed out. Her tears began to show at that point and it was evident that it would not be easy to go.
          We sat in the bar while the bartender made the coffee and I ran through my mind to try and remember what if anything I'd forgotten. It dawned on me as I sat that the cab was 500 rubles to the airport and Tasha would have to get back to the airport to gather her things to make it to the train station. I gave her the last 800 rubles I had on me and she understood the cab situation. I was sure she had plenty of money to get home without any problem and even offered her more but she refused me.
          We made our way to the airport in silence and the feeling was almost dread because when you part like this after all we had done it could be heartwrenching to say the least.
          The airport was long lines and the usual suspects but the feeling was one of how do I leave with the proper feeling of goodness and conviction? I made my way into the line three times and also out of the line three times to kiss Tasha and wipe away the tears. These tears were the sort you see as coming from the eye but being held back. The pressure of the tears came out in a way that reminds me of a faucet or a tap and when the tears came they were slow but the drops were very large. My heart ached in all honesty and never would wish this on anyone especially Tasha.
          So the persons at the airport asked for my declaration papers and I had none. This gets back to when I arrived and did not go through that declaration line. They finally let me go but they were a bit puzzled as to why I did not have these papers? I know why I had no papers and it's because they held me up on entering for over and hour and at the same time I did not care about going through another line or waiting any longer to get into the airport lobby. They could have stopped me when I entered but they did'nt for some reason?
          Anyway the time we spent together was great and we got in touch with each other as soon as we both returned home.

Camster

Comment

CameoJoey,

You are clever. Every time I ask something you tell us just another piece of the story, so to keep us in suspense. Ok, but do you still see Tasha?

Comment

Hi Kaizer

I'm not trying to be clever in a way that does not answer your questions. Honestly I'm just writing in order of events somewhat.
              It seems the boards are really slow these days here and looks as if nobody posts here anymore. Wonder what happened to Ukie.com?

Anyway I arrived home and we started communicating with each other as we had done before I visited Russia. We talked of plans and such for ourselves.
              Tasha received a raise at work and was making 500 dollars oer month and then she got another raise to 600 per month. That is good money in Russia and especially for the smallish town she works in.
              Her son fell in love with a girl and was rejected in a sort of a way that caused him to pull his car into the garage and close it with the engine running. He did not die but was in the hospital for a long time and has done a complete recovery. I sent some money to help a little and Tasha has had to devote a lot of time to her son.
              Tasha and myself still talk by phone and the internet but our goals have taken a back seat to life afar as far as we go. It seems the plans to be together will not happen until other things are worked out. It seems like we are not as interested in making big chabges when a childs welfare is at stake. Her son is 20 years old but he cannot afford me taking his mother to America and I myself could not do that under these circumstances.

Camster

Comment

Hi Cameojoe,

This is actually a very sad story. I hope things will work out for you one of these days. I think that things is a bit slow because of people being busy. It will pick up again.

Comment

is the son interested in immigrating also?

Hi Camster... a very "movie like" story. I can understand both of your decisions to temporarily forgo the immigration process for now, but you did not mention whether the son also has the desire to immigrate? Could your relationship with Tasha be expedited if the son also immigrates? Maybe a change of scenery would benefit him as well?

Comment

Somewhat sad but...

I suppose you could say it's sad but I would never change anything to have not met her unless maybe it had something to do with her son not hurting himself.
                    I learned a lot about the people and one person in particular in Tasha. The stories you hear about the differences with eastern women and western woman are true in my mind. They are true in the fact that most women in the east are different and that's a good thing.
                    Nope...I am very thankful for having met her no matter what takes place in the future with myself or her. She is and was the most wonderful of people but that was simply because she was herself and displayed herself easily. Quite a difference from many American and Canadian women.
                    Her son could have come here on visa but now he is 21 years old and has finished school for mechanics and is also employed full time. It's hard to say what could happen in the future but with her great advances in work and her son being gainfully employed it makes sense that they are doing fine.
                    I will probably return to Russia in February and meet some other Russian girls as to enjoy the country as well as my future prospects for a partner in life. All things happen for a reason and Tasha has nothing but good memories with me and I also have the same.

Camster

Comment

Caught you!

So you have been hiding here,Judge.Good service done by you for this thread Judge.I was a bit worried about your absence.
                      Hope to see you soon,there.
                      Rajkumar

Comment

Working...
                      X