Minimum Monthly needs for a Girl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minimum Monthly needs for a Girl

A Ukrainian Girl that I know tells me that she needs at least $400USD Four Hundred US Dollars per month to make ends meet.. pay for the house, food, school for her son. That is not much by international standards, but someone was telling me that this is way too high for a woman living in Lviv (not even Kiev). How true is that and how much would she really needs to live a comfortable life?

you're being scammed, but salaries were discussed before, decide for yourself

http://www.ukraine.com/forums/showth...?threadid=5523

http://www.ukraine.com/forums/showth...?threadid=5973

Comment

Thanks Albatros.. I read both links. I can see that 400 is little high.. by the way.. I asked her to come to Paris and she said that the visa will cost here $800USD and that they may ask her to show $1000 in cash to grant her the visa.. does this sound like a scam?!! maybe it is. Is there any way for me to find out how much a visit visa to France might cost? and do they require her to show ticket and cash to give her the visa?

Comment

Sorry to say you're being scammed. To make the ends meet she needs less than $100. To live a comfortable life of course she needs more. For $400 she can go out extensively and spend your money on restaurants. My advice to end with her. Such start will nto do you any good. Generalyl, be cuatious about girls complaining about their financial position or directly asking for money no matter how much.

Comment

Thanks for reply. I actually had met this girl in person. So at least I know she is not a man!! :-) but I wanted to check on these figures she gave me. They sounded little high.. Any idea about these visa costs? is it difficult for her (or Ukrainians) to get European visas? do these embassies require them to show proof that they have some cash to sustain their trips... this whole thing may not be a scam but an extortion!!! (same!!)

Comment

It's extrememly difficutl to get a visa to Western Europe for us. One has to present the reference from work with salary not less than $200, reference about the salary from accountant and statistics department and other documents proving that you do have this job an dit is paid as highly as is indicated in the reference.

Comment

Originally posted by sashabaha
              .. by the way.. I asked her to come to Paris and she said that the visa will cost here $800USD and that they may ask her to show $1000 in cash to grant her the visa.. does this sound like a scam?!!
              Really, this sounds like a scam too. I don't know the rules for a visa on a country by country basis. But i guess a tourist visa would be 100 bucks maximum. As for the $ 1000 cash requirement. Usually it's possible for the host to sign some guarantee document, in which case there would be no cash requirement on her side. They might require her to show a ticket before a visa is issued though.

To know the exact rules, you should inquire with the authorities in your own country.

Comment

Originally posted by Irene1972
                It's extrememly difficutl to get a visa to Western Europe for us. One has to present the reference from work with salary not less than $200, reference about the salary from accountant and statistics department and other documents proving that you do have this job an dit is paid as highly as is indicated in the reference.
                It is very hard for Ukrainians to travel abroad on their own. However, if there is a host in Western-Europe with adequate income, this host can sign a (financial) guarantee. In my experience, it is not very hard to get a tourist visa this way.

Comment

Albatros is right.

I travelled to Germany on multiple occasions and I had no problem getting a visa since a friend of mine sent me official invitation. Last time I went was about 2.5 years ago and I paid less than a $100 US for my visa!! $800 sounds rediculously high (even if they raised the fee, though I doubt they did). As to $1000 cash... not needed if she is coming to visit you, if she just went to visit Paris, them most likely yes, but having you meet her at the airport makes you liable to secure her come back.

That's how much I know, hope it helps.

PS The fees she told you would have sounded realistic had she been travelling to the USA (from what I know) but not to Western Europe, did she get them confused on purpose? Good luck.

Comment

Thanks for the help.. If visiting West Europe is such a hassle, maybe I can meet her somewhere else.. I would assume getting a visa to Prague, Warsaw, etc. is less stringent! does any one know for sure?

Comment

As far as I know, Ukrainians don't need a visa to go to Poland.. but that could have changed (I haven't been to Ukraine in over 2 years). If it changed, I am sure there is no problem to get a visa for Poland...

Comment

Originally posted by sashabaha

Thanks for the help.. If visiting West Europe is such a hassle, maybe I can meet her somewhere else.. I would assume getting a visa to Prague, Warsaw, etc. is less stringent! does any one know for sure?
                        Again, with an invitation / guarantee it's not such a problem to get a tourist visa for Western-Europe.

If you decide to meet on neutral territory i suggest Hungary. She won't require a visa for Hungary, she will need a visa for Poland.

But i fail to understand why would you want to meet this girl at all? All the signs regarding her reliability and sincerity are red!

Comment

sashabaha, you seem to be a bit in denial about the scamming tendencies of your "sweetheart".

Before you sort out your visa stuff, i would advise you to go to google.com, type in the words "ukrainian woman scam".

I'm quite sure you will find some stories that are of interest to you. In fact i would not be surprised if you would find your "sweetheart" on some blacklist: a list of known scammers with profiles, pictures, (alias)-names and modus operandi.

Comment

Guys, thanks for the reply. Albatros, I thank you for your sincere advice. Maybe I am in little bit of denial!

I guess I do not mind paying her a little. I would like to help her within normal. But I hate to be a victim of extortion. The way I look at it is that she is not much different from any other woman in any other country. How many girls in France/Europe would stay with their partners if they didn't pay for them (gifts, house, restaurants, food,..). Especially if they are good looking girls. I am just being practical about it. Or perhaps, as Albatros said, I am in denial.

I will also check for the anti-scam websites. Many thanks, I sincerely appreciate your replies.

Comment

Thanks Kathy. Million of girls! where in Ukraine or in the world in general? the question becomes where and how to find them. I met this girl on a trip. I didn't visit Ukraine yet, but I hear it is nice. Maybe one day. Meeting girls is always a challenge anywhere..

I can't say that she has a low life, but maybe little lazy to work or greedy a little. I am working on conviencing her to go back finish university, but she keeps telling me that there are no jobs when she graduates worth the effort. Very sad situation. It is even worse when these girls travel abroad and see the nice shops, resturants, hotels, etc. I like to help her help herself (if I can). Or maybe like you said, I could be wasing my effort with a person who doesn't want to be helped!!

Comment

Working...
                              X