Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tips for dating a Ukrainian in the USA

First post
    I met a beautiful Ukraine woman from Kiev back in August.
    Feel like the luckiest guy alive
    First
    She's stunning
    Second
    She is already here .
    Seems like a lot of men on here are TRYING to meet a woman from the Ukraine
    This woman could have any man I know easily.
    And she picked me !
    I say ...
    Awoooooo !
    ( joke )
    So ,
    Tips ?
    I'm already a secure hard working clean man
    I've had successful long term relations .
    I want to know
    As long as she's happy
    What do I have to do to keep her here ?
    And what cultural differences might hinder or help our relationship?
    Many thanks
    Hoping this site benifits the relationship.
    Cheers !
    Joey D

Joey,
    my name is Uno. I had a Ukrainian girlfriend that lasted a year and a half. We parted ways. I regret it now. I felt the same as you in the beginning. However she was extremely jealous. I made some fundamental errors. Like looking and greeting other women while in a public. Huge mistake. Try ed to make here understand that is American culture. She didn't by that argument, and even accused me of not being normal. Ukrainian woman like most are very jealous. But I think it's beyond jealousy, and a bit controlling. They would debate this issue for hours. So my advice to you, especially if you are extroverted type, is to be real carefull in public interactions with the opposite sex. GOOD LUCK

Comment

Sorry about your choice Uno. But all UA women aren't like that. Don't paint them all based on just one. My wife is 'normal' from all the ladies from UA that I know and she doesn't have any problems with jealousy.

But then I don't give her reason to be jealous.

She will routinely call me 'her Lord and Master' in public and I always call her 'my Lady and Queen'. It does tend to get AW upset but we feel this way and show it in everyday life. I always open doors for her and chide her if she even touches the door handle before I get around to the other side of the car.

We're already at the 10 year mark at being together forever!

Retirement sucks! You never get a day off!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AkMike View Post
        Sorry about your choice Uno. But all UA women aren't like that. Don't paint them all based on just one. My wife is 'normal' from all the ladies from UA that I know and she doesn't have any problems with jealousy.

But then I don't give her reason to be jealous.

She will routinely call me 'her Lord and Master' in public and I always call her 'my Lady and Queen'. It does tend to get AW upset but we feel this way and show it in everyday life. I always open doors for her and chide her if she even touches the door handle before I get around to the other side of the car.

We're already at the 10 year mark at being together forever!
        AW? American Women?

I have same relationship with my Ukrainian fiance, so maybe should not paint all American Women with same brush.

Comment

Originally posted by Farrieress View Post
          AW? American Women?

I have same relationship with my Ukrainian fiance, so maybe should not paint all American Women with same brush.
          Yes the American Women tend to get a bit upset when she says that to me. They say it's demeaning and such but it's hardly true. I'm not painting with a broad brush either.

Comment

Originally posted by AkMike View Post
            Yes the American Women tend to get a bit upset when she says that to me. They say it's demeaning and such but it's hardly true. I'm not painting with a broad brush either.
            That was kinda my point... As an American Woman I see no problem with this. I have said same to my fiance and in turn he treats me as the most precious thing in his life. I think is a good arrangement.

Comment

It works for us too!

Comment

I just got back from a boat delivery job in the Florida keys and took my GF to see key west for the first time, we have a great relationship, I did not ask her to marry me yet as I keep getting conflicting stories on what happens once we get married
                I do not want to get her hopes up before I learn everything I need to know about the immigration laws.
                so, has anyone on this post been in my situation?
                I am American by birth , a citizen
                she is from Kiev and has been here almost one year.
                if we get married does she have to go back to Kiev or can she stay as my wife ?
                thank you and I enjoy seeing the posts on this forum
                JC

Comment

I am American by birth , a citizen she is from Kiev and has been here almost one year. if we get married does she have to go back to Kiev or can she stay as my wife ?
                  What is her current immigrant status? If she is legal, then it is just a question of completing a procedural process. If she is an illegal, you are inviting a lot of trouble,
                  both legal and financial, for yourself.

æ, !

Hannia - Hania - Mighthelp

Comment

she is legal
                    Ive gone over and seen both her and daughters paperwork several times.
                    I have registered daughter in school with no problems.
                    at doctor visits we show them the visas and paperwork, again, no problem.
                    on a separate note. I have lived in FL since 1989, it makes me sick that a Cuban can float over and simply touch the beach and suddenly, not only are they "Legal" but they get a free apartment, free medical, free food stamps, and much more...
                    so , here I have to study many laws and learn the proper way to keep a hard working good mother in this country, but if she had illegally floated across the Florida straights and simply touched the beach (google "wet foot /dry foot and sit down and be ready to be shocked) we would be on "easy street" ... sad haw prejudiced this system is.

Comment

Joey, American Cubans vote, pay taxes and they have power.

Cubans are a protected class, which had to be legislated.
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------
                      Medical attention is a civil right, notwithstanding immigration status.

Is girlfriend's daughter attending a public school or do you have her in a private school?
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------
                      You did not answer my question. Girlfriend and daughter have lived in States for one year+, what kind of visa do they have? There are two kinds: Non-immigration and Immigration. Non-immigration is always temporary.
                      Did they get a extension?

Visa Forms | Embassy of the United States Kyiv, Ukraine
                      Last edited by Hannia; 24th November 2014, 22:26.

æ, !

Hannia - Hania - Mighthelp

Comment

Guys, being originally Ukrainian, I can tell you the truth: there're no secrets about our girls. Just love us and show your care, that's enough. If you're great and understand your girl right - she'll never part with you. We don't care about money matters as much, as it's said. We appreciate proper attitude. Good luck!
                        Last edited by stepanstas; 29th December 2014, 08:31. Reason: Remove link

Comment

Working...
                        X