Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why not be honest when applying for USA Tourist Visa by a Ukrainian?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why not be honest when applying for USA Tourist Visa by a Ukrainian?

Hi,

I have heard that it is UNLIKELY that a young Ukrainian woman would be granted an American Tourist Visa.

Even though she can show evidence of living in Odessa, having a full time job, being a student, having sufficient money for the plane tickets, etc. it seems like it is not enough.

What do you think if she simply says her reason for the trip is to visit an American man she has dated many times in Ukraine and he will provide housing and he can provide a letter showing ability to pay costs, etc.? We are not ready for marriage yet.

If her Tourist Visa application is declined, is there a waiting period or "black mark" that could be a problem with applying for a Fiancee Visa later?

T

Hi,

I think the chances are high that the woman would stay behind. Regardless of whether for you or just to get around you, it's difficult to convince the authorities that it's a temporary stay (or at least for the length of time permitted). Even siblings who have families and children back home don't have as much luck as you'd think. Still, it's just one of those things you have to try and see what happens.

See whats been posted in the past day.

Contact forum moderators here.

Comment

Originally posted by Tracker9195 View Post
      Hi,

I have heard that it is UNLIKELY that a young Ukrainian woman would be granted an American Tourist Visa.

Even though she can show evidence of living in Odessa, having a full time job, being a student, having sufficient money for the plane tickets, etc. it seems like it is not enough.

What do you think if she simply says her reason for the trip is to visit an American man she has dated many times in Ukraine and he will provide housing and he can provide a letter showing ability to pay costs, etc.? We are not ready for marriage yet.

If her Tourist Visa application is declined, is there a waiting period or "black mark" that could be a problem with applying for a Fiancee Visa later?

T
      She isnt getting a tourist visa. My wife is Ukrainian and now a naturalized citizen. We tried for years to get a visit visa even had my senator write a personal letter on my behalf for part of the package for her visa application. Denied.

I make a very substantial living (mid 6 figures annually) my tax returns and a statement of financial support still was not enough to obtain a tourist visa. My mother-in-law owns property in Ukraine and still couldn't get a visa to US

Sounds like you are getting potentially caught up in a scam. If you get an email telling you that she has been approved but suddenly need more $ for the ticket and could you send it... well, its a scam

Comment

Working...
      X