Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long does a passport renewal in Ukraine take?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does a passport renewal in Ukraine take?

My fiancee needs to renew hers, so that she can apply for a Visa to come visit me in the states.

How long should I expect this to take? We need to get the Visa application in, or our plans need to push back.

Thanks all.

Confidence?

Getting her Ukrainian international passport renewed or issued is only a small part of the problem.
    If she has not previously had a visa for the US and this will be her first application, your chances of getting her a US entry visa (even for tourism) will be a long drawn out affair. I'm British and to get a Ukrainian an entry visa for Britain is similarly problematic. It is easier if the applicant has a good travel history, including some Shengen visas. If you don't know what a Shengen visa is then you have much to learn about a Ukrainian citizens travel problems.

Don't take my word for it, but see some other travel or personal threads within this website and you'll start to get a better idea.
    Good luck!

Comment

yes, renewal of the passport can take from 1-4 weeks. you can speed up the process.
      but getting a visa to USA will be long. it depends what type of visa???
      if your lady is planning to visit you then she has to have a good proof that she will be back.
      interpreter, guide, travel assistant all over Ukraine.
      www.ace-interpreter.com

Comment

She wants to have the wedding in Ukraine, so she will be applying for a Visitor's Visa once she has the passport renewed. I am expecting six months before she will get her appointment in Kyiv.

Comment

She has her passport....Visa up next. Wish her luck!

Comment

Working...
          X