Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ukrainian guys and crushes.. how does it work? :)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ukrainian guys and crushes.. how does it work? :)

Dear Ukrainian guys and girls, I have a question about the behavior of a Ukrainian guy that I hope you can help answer. Here's the story:

One of my best friends moved from North America to Central Europe last year. Recently I came here too, staying with her for a few months. My friend is a very intelligent girl (genius level actually) but when it comes to matters of romance, she's completely clueless and that's where we usually disagree on things. This is one those disagreements.

There's this charming Ukrainian guy who lately started working where my friend works (straight out of Ukraine a few months ago). He's in a different department and they don't know each other that well, but I've seen him and his behavior around her outside of the working hours, and my guts are telling me that he has a developing crush on her. (He's probably late 30s, she's late 20s.) Naturally she disagrees and says that he's just being friendly. Naturally I disagree with her, but then miss smarty pants said something last night that I had no answers to. To repeat her words, she said "Don't forget, you're thinking with your North American head. This guys is straight out of a culture that neither one of us knows the first thing about. What makes you think you can interpret his behavior?" Needless to say, she's right. So now I'm curious to know the typical actions of a Ukrainian guy when he has a crush!

What he's currently doing is... every time he sees her or passes by her, he makes a comment or small talk about what she's doing. In the rare occasion that he doesn't say anything, he definitely smiles at her. Lately he came to her out of nowhere, asked her name and shook her hand, and since then he greets her even more warmly. I've also noticed him giving her long stairs a couple of times when she wasn't looking (but I was lol!). Often he teases her, like the comments that he makes have this playful humor in them...

So guys and girls, do you think this behavior from a Ukrainian guy means anything? What are the things Ukrainian guys typically do when they have a crush? What signs should we be looking out for? Any advices?

Thanks for reading!

People are people the world around. It doesn't matter what nationality or culture they are from. Have her judge him on his merits as she see him. He's interested in her not you. You're not her guardian or mother. Butt out. You might be screwing up a good thing for her just because he's not your type.

Retirement sucks! You never get a day off!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AkMike View Post
      People are people the world around. It doesn't matter what nationality or culture they are from. Have her judge him on his merits as she see him. He's interested in her not you. You're not her guardian or mother. Butt out. You might be screwing up a good thing for her just because he's not your type.
      Wow wow whoa, AkMike, thanks a lot for your response but with all due respect, please slow it down and read my post again! You're attacking me for no reason, and you are not in any way answering my question which is about the common behaviors of a Ukrainian guy around a girl he fancies. And I'm afraid you're not correct to assume that every guy from every nation acts the same way. I can see it here every day that they don't! Also, what makes you think I'm "screwing" anything? What makes you think "he's not my type"? Who cares whether or not he's my type? The reason I'm asking the question in the first place is because I think he may very well be HER type!!

To clarify... me and my friend have been besties for 10 years. By now we're pretty much family, by now we consider it a fact of life to have a role or an opinion in each other's adventures. That being said, I'm not telling her what she should and should not do, heck, no one can tell that young lady what to do... she's smart, strong and quite opinionated. What I am however doing, is what she pretty much expects me to do. To talk to her and give opinion about things that from her own point of view, I may know a thing or two more about. We have very different minds and lives, and so each of us is good at a different thing. She's an engineer, I'm a journalist!! And our differences are the reason why we often refer to each other when we come across something we can't figure out alone. She's also very well aware that I posted this here.

So, if you are in fact Ukrainian, please consider doing both of us (me and my friend) a favor and actually answering the question I've stated. But at any case, stop your quick judging, it's not helpful.

Comment

I may have mis-interperted it then. I wasn't attacking you at all.

Inn fact I'm Alaskan and not Ukrainian but my wife is and she says the same thing. Men and women are the same. It just depends on their personality about if they are good or bad people.

Retirement sucks! You never get a day off!!!

Comment

I think this guy is flirting with your friend, what's wrong with that? and yes he is probably waiting for the right time at the right place to knock her down and ****** right there. I don't see any other reason for his behaviour. Doesn't this answer your question? well then this will probably do: yes, that's the way everybody looks at someone when you are interested.

Comment

Originally posted by AkMike View Post
            Boy do I disagree. Culture plays a huge role in shaping what a person perceives their relational roles to be. Ask any significant group of Ukrainian women who are familiar with both Ukrainian Men and US Men if there is in general a difference in how they were treated by both groups of men....

Comment

Working...
            X