Looking for Kornatovsky or Kornatowski families in Ukraine

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for Kornatovsky or Kornatowski families in Ukraine

I am posting this message again to see if I can find the family of my grandfather.

My grandfather, Jacob Kornatovsky, was born in Yanovska o Lanovtsy. I hope this can help you.
    The names of his brothers and sisters were, Paulina (married to Bestrisky), Polonia, Rosa, Manka, Ivan, and Stanislao.
    His uncles: Kaminsky and Julinsky.
    His cousin: Ignacy Bujalsky and Ludvik Falinsky. (maybe these can be found) I would like to know if there are some relatives over there. I find it really difficult because of the distance and also for the language, but I will keep on searching until I find someone.

Now, I have been contacting to all the Kornatowskis I find in internet to see if they are interested in sharing family info. I haven´t found relatives so far.

If you can give me some info of your family tree, it will be of great help for me.

I will be looking forward to your answer.

Sincerely,

You have to unpack the geography first.

Lanivtsi (Ukrainian: Φæ; Russian: , translit. Lanovtsy; Polish: Łanowce; Ukrainian: לאַנאָ‬וויץ, translit. Lanovits), is a city in Ternopil Oblast, Ukraine. It is administrative center of the Lanivtsi Raion. Population is 8,680 (2001).

Lanivtsi received town charter in 1545, and until the Partitions of Poland, it was part of Volhynian Voivodeship. In 1795 - 1918, Lanivtsi belonged to the Russian Empire. In the Second Polish Republic, Lanivtsi, known then as Łanowce, belonged to Krzemieniec County, Volhynian Voivodeship.es called Janowska/Yanowskaa For centuries, Lanivtsi was the center of a large land property which belonged to several noble families, such as the Jelowiecki, Wisniowiecki, Mniszech and Rzewuski."

I was able to find following three places w/name Janowska/Yanowska:

Janowska concentration camp, a Nazi Germany labor and extermination camp in occupied Poland
    Huta Janowska, a village in Gmina Pabianice, Pabianice County, Łódź Voivodeship
    Kolonia Janowska, a settlement in Gmina Pyzdry, Września County, Greater Poland Voivodeship

æ, !

Hannia - Hania - Mighthelp

Comment

I found 65 Kornatowski- in Ukrainian still living in Ukraine. Some of which would still be in the general area of Lanivsti.

It is highly advisable that you do some reading about Polish history before proceeding.

æ, !

Hannia - Hania - Mighthelp

Comment

i have sent you PM. please check it .
        interpreter, guide, travel assistant all over Ukraine.
        www.ace-interpreter.com

Comment

Working...
        X