Grand Aunt was a Roman Catholic Nun

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Aunt was a Roman Catholic Nun

Hello, I am looking for information with regard to my grand aunt, Pauline Ostrowski. She became a nun and was killed in the blitzkrieg of Warsaw as early as 1939 to as late as 1944. She was a nurse in the Catholic Hopsital for Children. Would anyone know which convent she would have joined and does it still exist? I am hoping to write to learn her saint's name and more details about her life. She was born either in Belz or Worochta, powiat of Sokal.

Thank you,

Robin

I believe she was born between 1873 and 1888. I am not sure of her parents names.

Comment

Until one of our Polish members can help you out, start w/following:
      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Felician_Sisters

æ, !

Hannia - Hania - Mighthelp

Comment

Hi Robin:

I had an aunt who was a RC Nun.She was born in Chorostkow in 1897--survived the war--died in 1980 in Wielen,Poland
        where she spent her final years working as a nurse in a hospice in Wielen.

The order she belonged to was: The Fransican Sisters Of Mary--"Zgromadzenie Siostr Franciszkanek Rodziny Maryi"
        Dom Zakony W Wieleniu.Try these two sites: siostryfranciszkanki.pl --- Dom Zakonny Zgromadzenia Sióstr Franciszkanek Rodziny Maryi w Wieleniu You may need a Polish interpreter
        unless you are fluent in Polish.I had a Polish friend write letters for me and I got a lot of information on my aunt.

So maybe your aunt belonged to this order??

Feel free to contact me at-- gebmar@rogers.com

"Zenko" Zenis Zyma

Comment

Thank you, Zenko, for the web address. I do have a friend who can read and write Polish, so I will send her the link and appropriate questions. Wish me luck!

-Robin

Comment

Good Luck !

Good luck--hope she belonged to the same order that my aunt belonged to.

Feel free to E-mail me.

Zenko

Comment

Working...
            X