No announcement yet.

search for information 1934

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you, I will show him this tomorrow, maybe he will recognise somewhere or jog a memory. Would be lovely to take him back one day.

Comment

1930s school in podol?

Does anyone know of a boys school in Podol, Kiev in the 1930s. It may have been by a naval academy and the boys wore white uniforms.

Comment

Helen.

It's to your advantage to keep your posts regarding Father in one thread. Ask one of the Moderators to move this post for you.
        ===========
        There was an old Naval Academy located at 14 Kontrakova. Was moved to adjoin Mohyla Academy.

æ, !

Hannia - Hania - Mighthelp

Comment

The threads have been merged.

See whats been posted in the past day.

Contact forum moderators here.

Comment

Hi, I now think my Dads name may have been spelt Pohuljaev are there any records I could check for people in the Kiev area of the time. I get nothing searching on google.

Comment

Pohuljaev ???

Helen following are Pohulayev in Kyiv:
              4442970 1934-04-27 . 71/38
              2778668 1940-02-10 . ' 22/16

There are appx 150 Pohulyayev listed in Ukraine of whom following live in Kyiv:
              0 1975-11-09 . 5/51
              5632800 1953-05-07 . 14/69
              2959502 1956-08-13 . 22/41
              5632800 1978-01-22 . 14/69
              5632800 1983-11-17 . 14/69
              4747175 1977-10-05 . 50 12/107
              4442970 1934-04-27 . 71/38

æ, !

Hannia - Hania - Mighthelp

Comment

Thank you Hannia, at last people with a similar name.

Comment

Dear Hannia it has been some time since I last posted here but I am hoping you can help again. I have recently started my search for my fathers parents again. We have had dads DNA tested with ancestry and found some good leads but do not know how they are connected to dad. I have also found his parents full names. This is where i am hoping you can help.

Aleksi Danilovich Pogulyaev born 1907 Novozybkov, missing in action 1941 (Jewish)
                  My dad is very confused by this as on his enlistment papers he was drafted into the red army in 1941 while living in Kyiv, Staro vedelsky number 3.

Maria Grigoryevna Pilipchuck
                  I have found nothing more on his mom, the names came from a list of the dead and missing. All we know is she claimed a war pension in 1946 while living at Livera street number 2, appartment 19 Kyiv (not Persian after all)

We had always assumed dads parents disappearance was due to them being shot or sent to Siberia, to find them alive and in Kyiv has been a bit of shock for dad. I think dads memories of his parents are maybe stories he was told by the well meaning Krukov family to make things easier for a small boy.

The Krukovs
                  Dad lived with the Krukovs from when he was about 5 he thinks. I have found a record for Yakov Nikitovich Krukov born 1901 Yashkino Krbyshevskaya oblast, enlisted in army 1944, killed in action 1945, his next of kin is Yakov Zevaka, Shevchenko village number 22. In a directory from 1928 he is living Karavaevy dachas. His wife Rosa and one of thems brother and sister Adam and Sura i have no information for.

Dear Hannia is there anyway I can find information on what became of Dads mom or the Krukov family?

Dads DNA connections are all Jewish, descendants of Shlyoma Pogulyaev (1804-1842) and Rivka Rivkin (1802-1872) Gomel Dobrush and Moshe meir Pugliev 1851-1915. Novozybkov.

I have requested dads records from the Arolsen archives but heard nothing yet. I have searched and registered dads information with Jewishgen, geni.com and everywhere else i can find. Dad was thrilled i found his parents but it has become more of a mystery as to why he was left with the Krukovs. Any help or ideas on where i can find anything on any of this would be very helpful.

Many thanks
                  Last edited by helenpohuliev; 15th August 2019, 11:48. Reason: I apologise, I do not know how this post came to be in the middle of previous posts. Would it be possible to move it? To the end or as a new post? Many thanks

Comment

This is my fathers village circled in red, is anyone familiar with this area of Kyiv?

Comment

Working...
                    X