Ukrainian roots are being uprooted -

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• INTERFAX-UKRAINE 14:36 03.04.2019
    Zelensky's team issues 'demands' to Poroshenko, including law on elections, work of NACP, HACC

The team of presidential candidate Volodymyr Zelensky expects incumbent President Petro Poroshenko to act on several issues prior to 'leaving office at the end of his term."

Zelensky's team said on Facebook, "We attentively studied the statement of Ukrainian President Poroshenko in which he says he heard the voices of young people, who voted against him."

The post continues with a list of 'demands' to Ukraine's head of state.

"We demand that, before the expiration of his term as Ukraine's president, he, through the parliamentary majority controlled by him, as well as the heads of law enforcement agencies, adopt a law abolishing income and expenditure declarations for public activists, restart the work of the National Agency on Corruption Prevention (NACP) by reforming the composition of this agency with international participation experts and the introduction of an external audit of its activities, ensure the adoption of an electoral law to introduce a proportional system with open lists for the next parliamentary elections," the statement says.

The demands include issuing acts on the appointment of judges and ensuring the adoption of measures that will help unlock the start of work of the Ukraine's High Anti-Corruption Court (HACC), withdrawing the president's draft bill on the criminalization of illicit enrichment and instructing the coalition (of parliamentary factions in parliament) to support the draft law developed with the participation of international experts.

The Zelensky team also demands Poroshenko instruct the SBU State Security agency to deprive the Security Service of Ukraine, the National Police and other law enforcement agencies of authority not to engage in fighting economic crime and to cease their pressure on business entities, as well as dismissing Serhiy Semochko from the post of first deputy head of Ukraine's Foreign Intelligence Service Deputy Chief.

The team demands the president eliminate the Rotterdam + scheme and launch an external independent audit of the activities of the National Commission, which carries out state regulation in the fields of energy and utilities.

The team demands Poroshenko publish a list of his offshore companies, banks in which these companies have accounts, as well as the financial statements of these companies over the past five years.

According to 99.88% of processed protocols, 30.23% of voters cast ballots for showman Zelensky, and Poroshenko - 15.95%. https://en.interfax.com.ua/news/general/578127.html

æ, !

Hannia - Hania - Mighthelp

Comment

• Poll: Majority Of Russians Support Crimea Annexation, But Worry About Economic Effects
      RFE/RL Mike Eckel April 03, 2019 19:52 GMT

A new poll shows that a majority of Russians still support the Kremlin's annexation of Ukraine's Crimea Peninsula, but far fewer back any similar move toward the parts of the war-torn eastern Ukrainian regions of Donetsk and Luhansk held by Russia-backed separatists.

The survey, conducted jointly by Moscow's Levada Center and the Chicago Council on Global Affairs and released on April 3, also shows a clear majority of Russians saying that Moscow's international policies have worsened the country's economy and standards of living.

Since the 2014 seizure of Crimea, Russians have largely been supportive of President Vladimir Putin's decision, support that's been bolstered in part by state TV propaganda. But that backing has slipped as Russia's economy has faltered, and the costs of Crimea's integration into Russia have climbed.

The Levada-Chicago Council report found that in March 2015 -- a year after the annexation -- around 70 percent of Russians polled thought the annexation was a positive thing for the country. That figure slipped to 59 percent by August 2015, as world oil prices dropped precipitously and the effects of Western economic sanctions began to be felt, putting a brake on Russia's economy.

Support rebounded by March 2018 to levels comparable to three years earlier, but then slipped in February 2019 to 62 percent, according to the poll.

The survey also asked Russians whether they supported a similar annexation of the Donetsk and Luhansk regions, where Russia-backed fighters have been battling Ukrainian forces since April 2014 and now hold parts of both provinces, including their administrative centers. More than 13,000 people have died in the fighting, and more than 1 million have been displaced.

A overwhelming majority said that the separatist-held areas should not be part of Ukraine: 29 percent supported annexation, and 46 percent said they should be independent states. Just 13 percent said they should remain part of Ukraine.

Though Russia's relations with the West had been worsening for some years prior, the Crimea annexation tipped relations into near outright hostility. The Levada-Chicago Council poll found that a clear majority of Russians, 58 percent, thought Kremlin foreign policy had worsened the state of the economy, and 64 percent said it worsened living standards.

Strong majorities, however, said those policies had improved the state of Russia's armed forces and international influence, while just a small plurality, 44 percent, said they had improved Russia's international image.

The survey, conducted between February 14 and 20, polled 1,613 Russians 18 years and older, in face-to-face interviews in eight regions of the country.

The poll's margin of error is 3.4 percentage points.

æ, !

Comment

• Ukraine Bans All Flights To Russia After Opposition Politicians' Moscow Visit
        RFE/RL April 03, 2019 12:55 GMT

The Ukrainian government has banned unscheduled flights to Russia after a recent visit to Moscow by two opposition politicians.

The action was initiated by Ukrainian Interior Minister Arsen Avakov, who said on April 3 that presidential candidate Yuriy Boiko and Opposition Platform -- For Life party official Viktor Medvedchuk had "used a loophole in Ukraine's legislation" to take a direct flight to Moscow last month.

Avakov said the ban would not apply to potential flights arranged for international organizations such as the Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE), the United Nations, and the Red Cross.

Ukrainian Prime Minister Volodymyr Hroysman said "these restrictions will remain in place until Russia ceases to be an aggressor country and turns into a civilized state."

Ukrainian Prosecutor-General Yuriy Lutsenko said a probe will be launched into the two opposition politicians' "illegal border crossing" when they flew to Russia on March 22, where they met with Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev and Aleksei Miller, the CEO of Russian energy giant Gazprom, with whom they discussed ways to restore trade and economic ties.

Direct flights between the two countries were stopped in October 2015 amid a standoff over Moscows annexation of Ukraine's Crimean Peninsula and its support for separatists in eastern Ukraine in 2014.https://www.rferl.org/a/ukraine-bans.../29858973.html
        Based on reporting by Obozervatel and UNIAN

A similar survey conducted last month by the state-funded Public Opinion Foundation (FOM) found that a majority of Russians thought Crimea's annexation was either wholly good or both good and bad for Russia. However, the poll also found that younger Russians -- between the age of 18 and 30 -- were decidedly less sanguine about the benefits.

One of Russia's only independent polling organizations, Levada has in recent years come under increasing pressure from authorities unhappy with its closely watched surveys.

In 2016, the center was labeled a "foreign agent" under a law aimed at reducing what the Kremlin considers to be foreign influence on Russian public lift. The Justice Ministry announcement said the move was made because Levada had received some financial support from a U.S. university. https://www.rferl.org/a/russia-levad.../27970319.html

Levada and the Chicago Council also published joint polls that surveyed Russians and Americans on their views of each other's country.

Large majorities of Russians and Americans said they believed the United States and Russia were more rivals than partners, but in the United States, the number of Americans who said Russia was a threat to U.S. security has doubled in 2017, from 18 percent to 39 percent.

The poll also found that the number of Americans who felt Russia tried to influence the 2016 U.S. presidential election had risen only slightly since 2017, from 61 percent to 66 percent.

That portion of the poll was taken prior to the release of a four-page summary of Special Counsel Robert Mueller's two-year investigation into Russia's interference in the 2016 campaign.

Congressional Democrats are fighting to get a hold of the entire 400-page report that Mueller submitted to the Justice Department. https://www.rferl.org/a/poll-majorit.../29859570.html

æ, !

Comment

• INTERFAX-UKRAINE 13:35 03.04.2019
          NABU detectives conducting searches at ARMA in Kyiv

National Anti-corruption Agency of Ukraine (NABU) detectives on Wednesday are conducting searches at the premises of the National Agency of Ukraine of Ukraine for finding, tracing and management of assets derived from corruption and other crimes (Tracing, Recovery and Management of Crime Assets ARMA) derived from corruption and other crimes in Kyiv.

NABU on Facebook said the searches are being conducted in line with a criminal investigation into possible wrongdoing by officials from a number of state agencies, including Ukraine's judiciary, as well as ARMA, leading to UAH 9.5 million in damages to legal entities.https://en.interfax.com.ua/news/general/578102.html

æ, !

Comment

• Nearly 270 civilians, incl. 27 children, killed in landmine blasts in Donbas since beginning of war Over 564 civilians have been injured.
            UNIAN: 23:58, 03 April 2019

As many as 269 civilians, including 27 children, have been killed in landmine blasts since Russia unleashed the war in Donbas, eastern Ukraine.

"Since the beginning of the Russian Federation's armed aggression in Donetsk and Luhansk regions, the casualties as a result of the detonation of landmines and explosive remnants of war are 833 civilians 269 have been killed and 564 have been injured," chief of the Ukrainian Defense Ministry's department for environmental safety and mine clearance Maksym Komisarov said at a briefing in Kyiv.

"As many as 125 of them [total casualties] were children: 27 have been killed and 98 have been injured," he said. According to him, about 16,000 square kilometers in Luhansk and Donetsk regions, including Russia-occupied districts, are contaminated by landmines and other explosive objects.

https://www.unian.info/war/10504236-...ng-of-war.html

æ, !

Comment

• ATLANTIC COUNCIL Andy Hunder April 2, 2019
              What the Business Community Wants from Ukraines Next President

Sending law enforcement officers in balaclavas armed with Kalashnikovs kicking down a companys office door in a frantic search for financial records or tax documents is quite possibly the worst message a government can send to business owners, shareholders or executives. This is what I told President Petro Poroshenko a couple of years ago in a hall packed with five hundred business leaders during one of his regular meetings with the international business community. Consequently, parliament introduced new legislation curtailing the brutality of business inspections. These dramatic raids on business are now all but a memory of the low points that investors faced while doing business in Ukraine years ago. Many reforms have been introduced since 2015, and Ukraine has started reappearing on investors radar screens. However, foreign direct investment (FDI) remains too small, around 2 percent of GDP.

As Ukrainians prepare to elect their next president later this month, whoever wins, either Poroshenko or newcomer Volodymyr Zelenskiy, he will need to focus on attracting FDI. Though the president bears responsibility for the nations defense, foreign policy, security service, and prosecution service, he should play a key role in attracting investors to launch their operations or manufacturing in Ukraine. Especially since both candidates are successful businessmen, the next president should watch closely that investors are welcomed and treated well.

I hear numerous success stories of businesses profitably operating in Ukraine, something that I learn day after day when speaking with our members. In March, I visited Uzhhorod, a city 500 miles west of Kyiv, for a factory expansion opening by Jabil, a global manufacturing services company headquartered in Florida. The company employs 177,000 staff globally, with 3,300 in Uzhhorod, one mile from the EU border with neighboring Slovakia. Jabil Ukraine makes hundreds of thousands of Nespresso coffee machines, those same machines advertised by actor George Clooney and sold around the world. A stone throws away from Jabil stands the Yazaki factory, a global automotive parts supplier. The plant produces cable harnesses for the new all-electric Jaguar I-Pace electric crossover SUV. In neighboring Mukachevo, Flex, an American multinational technological manufacturer, has a workforce of more than 3,000 people manufacturing consumer electronics that are exported around the globe.

The business community in Ukraine knows what to expect with another five years of a Poroshenko presidency. If reelected, it will likely be a business as usual approach.

We know much less about Zelenskiy. Although he is a household name, a highly talented TV performer, comedian, and a successful business owner, we dont know how he may perform as president. His election program, thus far, is extremely thin on any details.

I met Zelenskiy a fortnight ago. He delivered a message that he is surrounding himself with reformers, the likes of former Economy Minister Aivaras Abromavicius, former Finance Minister Oleksandr Danyliuk, and MP Serhiy Leshchenko. During the meeting, Zelenskiy focused on assuring us that his views and intentions are aligned with the business communitys priorities, specifically on rule of law, macroeconomic growth, and fighting corruption.

I raised the topic of intellectual property (IP) intensive industries, something Zelenskiy understands well, as his entertainment business has made him a small fortune. IP-intensive industries with proper copyright, patents, and trademarks enable people to earn recognition and financial benefit from what they invent or create. Such industries account for over 38 percent of the United States GDP. This is an area where Ukraine can grow significantly.

Ukraines economic growth at about three percent over the past three years is positive, but the country must increase this growth significantly in order to augment national wealth. This can only be achieved by significantly boosting FDI.

Stories like Nespresso coffee machines being made in Ukraine are lost in the international media today due to the clutter and noise around the elections. Whoever wins on April 21, attracting FDI will be absolutely crucial in boosting Ukraines sluggish but highly promising economy.https://www.atlanticcouncil.org/blog...next-president

æ, !

Comment

• 'I Don't See A Future Here'
                Life In Eastern Ukraine After Five Years Of War
                RFE/RL April 3, 2019 Donbas Desk of RFE/RL's Ukrainian Service

Five years ago this week, pro-Russian protesters seized the main government building in the eastern Ukrainian city of Donetsk and proceeded to declare the formation of an independent "republic." Their allies in the neighboring Luhansk region followed suit, setting the stage for a conflict between Kyiv's forces and Russia-backed separatists in the two Ukrainian regions that has killed some 13,000 since April 2014.

The war, which grinds on notwithstanding international peace efforts, has left more than 3 million civilians living in self-declared states unrecognized by any UN member -- including Russia, despite its backing of the separatist leadership in Donetsk and Luhansk.

"They have lost their livelihoods and their limited resources have been exhausted by now. They rely on humanitarian assistance to meet their most basic needs," Ursula Mueller, the UN's assistant secretary-general for humanitarian affairs, told the UN Security Council in February.

In the run-up to the fifth anniversary of the outbreak of war in eastern Ukraine, the Donbas Desk of RFE/RL's Ukrainian Service spoke with 12 people who described life under separatist rule in the Donetsk and Luhansk regions. Their politics may differ -- some have found patriotic inspiration in speaking Ukrainian, others disappointment that Russian President Vladimir Putin did not annex the regions. But they were all asked the same question: How have your life, habits, and personality changed during five years of war?
                ---------------------------------------
                "I have not left the city since the war began. The pensioners here only leave to go live with their children, because they don't have enough money to move to a different city and begin a new life at an advanced age. I don't have anywhere to go: My children, unfortunately, have a different view. They're fine living in Luhansk. My husband and I have been forced to adapt to life here. It's difficult, because people like us are the minority here. We really watch what we say -- and to whom. Our circle of friends has narrowed greatly. We live on my husband's salary and the local pension. We haven't registered for a Ukrainian pension. In general, we don't watch television. We listen to Radio Svoboda and Ekho Moskvy, and read the Ukrainian press. Any hope for change fades with each day, so Kyiv should get moving, because things are only getting darker here."

Anna Pensioner, Luhansk
                "To lead a normal life here, you have to keep quiet about your views and opinions. I'm studying at two different Luhansk institutes, in two different areas of concentration, and I'm graduating from one of them this year. I don't see any point in pursuing a master's degree in Luhansk, because the departments I study in don't even want to go to Russia to get degree certificates showing they conform to Russian standards. At 21 years of age I'm planning to graduate remotely from a Ukrainian institute and, possibly, undergo [Ukrainian] standardized testing so that I have normal, recognized documents. I'd really like to go to Kyiv and Lviv. I've never been there. Right now I'm saving up for a European tour -- so I can dash off to Ukraine and EU countries in one fell swoop. I don't see a future here."

Yana Student, Luhansk
                --------------------------------------
                "If previously everyone was eagerly awaiting a Crimea scenario, now there is only disappointment. Putin abandoned us. People here are very angry with him. There's a sense of being a prostitute who didn't get paid. People are living from hand to mouth. Young people join the [Russia-backed separatist] militia forces out of despair, not out of ideological commitment. You can earn real money there. If you agree to go to the front you'll get around $300 per month. Behind the lines, it's $240. I'm scared to enter Ukrainian territory -- what if they arrest me?"

Kyrylo Luhansk

æ, !

Comment

• After 5 Yrs of War Pt 2

"Where does a person's sense of stability come from? He rides a trolleybus in the morning and sees that lots of people are going to work. That means the factories are working, money is going into the budget, there will be holidays for the kiddies, the hospitals will get their medicine, they'll salt and fix the roads. And based on what I see now, that sense is gone. There are bombardments constantly on the outskirts of Donetsk, while in central Donetsk they stage beauty pageants and literary parties, and the cafes work all night."

Yehor Makiyivka
                  "I'm 75 years old. Before the war I worked in a scientific institute. I live in Luhansk with my daughter and her three foster children, and with my drug-addict son. Our family subsists on my daughter's monthly salary of 8,000-9,000 rubles ($120-$135) and my two pensions -- Ukrainian and local. I can't count on my son. He doesn't work anywhere, he takes everything from the house, and there's nowhere here for him to get treatment. Every morning I wake up and think: 'How can I feed the kids today?'"

Maksim Luhansk
                  "Where does a person's sense of stability come from? He rides a trolleybus in the morning and sees that lots of people are going to work. That means the factories are working, money is going into the budget, there will be holidays for the kiddies, the hospitals will get their medicine, they'll salt and fix the roads. And based on what I see now, that sense is gone. There are bombardments constantly on the outskirts of Donetsk, while in central Donetsk they stage beauty pageants and literary parties, and the cafes work all night."

Valentina Pensioner, Luhansk
                  -------------------------------------
                  "I was still in high school when the war started. Around 70 percent of the students from my class left, some of whom were my friends. Bombardments everywhere, people are dying, and I didn't really have anyone I could share my emotions with. I got scared of losing those close to me. And I even found a streak of patriotism, which was unheard of for me before. At a time when the Ukrainian language was basically banned, I tried to speak it more and more."

Marina Student, Makiyivka
                  "Since the beginning of the conflict I've been hiding my car in the garage to keep it from [separatist] militia forces who might take it for their own needs. Then I cleaned the homes of people close to me, kept their lights on, and removed utility bills stuck [in the doors] of the apartments to prevent robberies and the takeover of 'empty' residences by new owners. Donetsk has become a city with a ton of laws, but everyone feels defenseless."

Yulia Accountant, Donetsk
                  "In 2014, it was bewilderment. Then came primal fear, fear of sleeping without being dressed and ready to go, conversations with those around you and not understanding their arguments, and hope that finally this will all come to an end. After that, increasing alienation from friends and relatives, a reluctance to interact due to mounting disagreements ending in full-blown feuds. And now I fly into a rage from Russian television, from people -- I can't speak calmly, I want to thrash everyone, insult them, tear them to pieces."

Valentyna Donetsk
                  "Many residents of Luhansk are driven by an inferiority complex. Getting ahead of any questions, they try to convince others -- and at the same time, it seems, themselves -- that everything is fine in the city, that it has everything, and that, in general, life is humming. It's true, it can't be compared with Luhansk in the fall of 2014, but it's not even worth comparing to Sievierodonetsk, which was a normal industrial city until the war. Life under occupation is 'humming' only until 5 or 6 p.m., after which you'll only see a handful of locals on the street, rushing home. Even crossing the demarcation line one gets the impression that many are trying to cozy up to their interlocutors and fit in with the circumstances around them. Also, when crossing the contact lines, it seems many adjust to their sur-roundings and the people they speak with. When passing Ukrainian military positions, they make small talk with Ukrainian soldiers, and when passing the positions of [separatist] militia groups, they smile to them. They tell them whatever they want to hear. It seems that, with this masquerade, they forget who they really are.

"People are very cautious in their interactions with those whose views they don't know. They don't want -- and are afraid -- to discuss politics, elections, and the war. Fear and uncertainty take the place of core principles. Although, locals don't even pay attention anymore to soldiers on the streets -- there are a lot of people in uniform in the city center, and hardly any on the outskirts. Locals in the city say that some residents simply purchase military uniforms and wear them, even though they're not actually serving in any local security structures. There are fewer locals committed to the 'for-the-republic' ideology. Over the course of the war, people have become disappointed by both Ukrainian authorities and the Russian government, with Putin as its face. Those who were waiting for a repeat of the Crimea scenario understood that they were screwed over. Many see [Ukrainian President Petro] Poroshenko as the root of all problems and consider themselves hostages of the sit-uation, living day to day and not making plans for the future. Some residents assume the role of the victim forced to survive in a state of war.

"Those with pro-Ukrainian views have diminishing hopes that the territories [controlled by Russia-backed separatists] will be liberated, and they feel increasingly abandoned. The mental chasm be-tween the city and Ukraine becomes deeper and more unbridgeable."

Anonymous reporter Luhansk
                  "Previously it was possible to build plans for the year. Now we live day to day. At most you can plan for the week ahead. It seemed like the war should have united people, but they're more fragmented than ever. And morose. Previously it was possible to find a job within a week. Now it takes months of searching. When you leave your house, you take a copy of your passport just in case. Due to the curfew, you rush home in order to be back by 11 p.m. Public transport runs consistently until 8 p.m., not 11 p.m. like before. It's been a while since you have been to a concert or to a cafe. There hasn't been big-time soccer for five years. The feeling of happiness fades. You feel like an alien among your own -- there is no support here.

"Due to skyrocketing prices, you rarely buy anything new. Most of the family budget goes toward food. Some medicines aren't available: you have to leave [the region] or order from a courier. Because [Ukrainian private postal service] Nova Poshta doesn't deliver, you feel like a hermit. Over time you lose contact with old friends, who have scattered to different places. Crossing the checkpoint to Ukraine-controlled territory, you feel like a real person, like you're back in civilization. You get a rush of energy. You feel a tiny sense of happiness at the sight of the yellow-and-blue colors, and a smile appears on your face. The Ukrainian language is now like music to the ears. Despite everything, you believe that at some point everything will be like it was before."

Anonymous reporter Donetsk
                  ------------------------------------
                  "More than anything, I'm afraid to die. Because no one will find out. All of my children are either in Kyiv or Kharkiv, and I don't want to trouble them. Every day I wake up and think: 'If I don't wake up tomorrow, how soon will they find me? And who will tell the children?'"

Alla Pensioner, Donetsk

https://www.rferl.org/a/life-in-east...8512.html#t-11

æ, !

Comment

• INTERFAX-UKRAINE 16:35 18.04.2019
                    Antimonopoly committee approves purchase by Metinvest of Dniprovsky Coke Chemical Plant with extra obligations

he Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine has permitted Metinvest B.V. (the Netherlands), the parent company of the Metinvest Group, to acquire private joint-stock company Dniprovsky Coke Chemical Plant (earlier Evraz-Dniprodzerzhynsky Coke Chemical Plant located in Kamianske, the town earlier named Dniprodzerzhynsk, Dnipropetrovsk region).

Spokesperson of the committee Oleksiy Tkachuk told Interfax-Ukraine that the decision was made at a meeting on Thursday.

"The deal was approved with additional obligations of the company for a long period. The obligations will be officially announced," the spokesperson said.

As reported, in September 2017, the committee officially announced that the committee is collecting information about the concentration on the coke and coke chemical products markets.

Earlier the Metinvest Group was permitted in other countries to acquire the enterprise. However, it was not officially reported on the completion of the deal. The transfer of the plant to the group is not confirmed. https://en.interfax.com.ua/news/economic/581675.html

æ, !

Comment

• INTERFAX-UKRAINE 14:57 18.04.2019
                      New president must keep, strengthen intl support for Ukraine expert

KYIV. April 18 (Interfax-Ukraine) One of the main challenges for the next president of Ukraine will be to preserve the existing international support of the country and increase it in conditions where there is a certain "fatigue" with dealing with conflicts, Chairman of the board of Institute for Economic Research and Policy Consulting Ihor Burakovsky has said.

"It is very important that whoever becomes president maintains the level of international support for Ukraine that exists today and go further. The world is also changing. There is a certain fatigue from conflicts, not only from Ukraine, but also from other conflicts in the world today. From my point of view, this is an extremely difficult challenge. This is a difficult exam that any future president must take," he said during a conference hosted by UA:First TV at the initiative of the Vyborcha Rada UA public initiative at Interfax Ukraine on Thursday.

Burakovsky said protecting Ukraine's national political and economic interests today is impossible without the formation of international "pro-Ukrainian coalitions" on a bilateral basis or in cooperation with organizations such as the European Union, the United Nations and the International Monetary Fund.

The expert also believes that it is necessary to quickly and adequately take into account the lessons of what has been done and not been done and very important that, in the process of correcting and restarting certain Ukrainian institutions, not to create the basis for the emergence of "new-old private, corrupt schemes and mechanisms serving other interests." https://en.interfax.com.ua/news/pres...ce/581649.html

æ, !

Comment

• INTERFAX-UKRAINE 14:00 18.04.2019
                        Interfax-Ukraine to host press conference 'The public demanding that Head of Main Directorate of State Fiscal Service in Kyiv region Oleksiy Kavilin be brought to criminal liability'

On Thursday, April 18, at 14.20, the press center of the Interfax-Ukraine news agency will host a press conference entitled "The public demanding that Head of Main Directorate of State Fiscal Service in Kyiv region Oleksiy Kavilin be brought to criminal liability." Participants include Chairman of the Ukrainian Coordination Council, organizer of the press conference Andriy Khoma; Chairman of the NGO "State of the Future" Serhiy Zdomyshchuk, Deputy Chairman of the NGO "Anti-Corruption Bureau in Ukraine" Ihor Kurylenko (8/5a Reitarska Street). Registration requires press accreditation.

Video: https://youtu.be/Vt_Q96a9SIs?t=4

https://en.interfax.com.ua/news/video/581367.html

æ, !

Comment

• INTERFAX-UKRAINE 13:05 18.04.2019
                          Russia banning oil, petroleum product, coal exports to Ukraine Medvedev

Russia is banning exports of crude oil, petroleum products and coal to Ukraine.

"A few days ago the Ukrainian Cabinet of Ministers took the latest unfriendly step with respect to our country and expanded the list of Russian goods which cannot be imported to Ukrainian territory. In these conditions we are forced to protect our interests and take response measures," Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev said at a meeting of the Russian cabinet.

Medvedev said he had signed a resolution "banning the export of Russian crude oil and petroleum products to Ukraine."

The document "determines a list of those goods that it will be possible to export to Ukraine only on the basis of separate decisions from June 1." "This category includes fuel and energy products, including coal as well as the oil and petroleum products," he said.https://en.interfax.com.ua/news/economic/581624.html

æ, !

Comment

• INTERFAX-UKRAINE 12:52 18.04.2019
                            MHP increases poultry sales by 21% in Q1, 2019

Myronivsky Hliboproduct (MHP) in January-March 2019 sold 164,004 tonnes of poultry, which is 21.2% more than in the same period of 2018.

According to a report by MHP on the website of the London Stock Exchange, the average selling price of this product remained at the level of the previous year at UAH 38.63 per kg. In the first quarter, export prices for poultry, as well as prices in the domestic market remained virtually unchanged in annual terms.

Export sales of MHP in the first quarter rose by 47%, to 93,050 tonnes, while sales in the domestic market decreased by 2% compared to the same period last year, to 70,960 tonnes.

"MHP exported poultry to almost 60 countries of the world. Export sales accounted for about 57% of total poultry sales in the first quarter of 2019 against 47% for the first quarter of 2018," the holding said.

The total volume of poultry production in January-March 2019 grew by 13%, to 171,272 tonnes due to the launch of new farms both in the second half of 2018 and in the first quarter of 2019 (the second phase of Vinnytsia poultry farm).
                            https://en.interfax.com.ua/news/economic/581621.html

æ, !

Comment

• INTERFAX-UKRAINE12:00 18.04.2019
                              Interfax-Ukraine to host press conference 'Elections and Manipulations: How will Election HQ's Technology Affect the Results of the Second Round?'

On Thursday, April 18, at 12.30, the press center of the Interfax-Ukraine news agency will host a press conference entitled "Elections and Manipulations: How will Election HQ's Technology Affect the Results of the Second Round?" Participants include political analyst, head of political and legal programs of Ukrainian Center for Social Development Ihor Reiterovych; expert of Ukrainian Center for Social Development on information and image-building technologies Tetiana Illyuk; psychologist, PhD. in psychology Larysa Lytvynova; political scientist, Director of the Institute of World Policy Yevhen Mahda. Organizer - NGO Ukrainian Center for Social Development (8/5a Reitarska Street). Press accreditation by phone: (068) 166 8659.
                              https://en.interfax.com.ua/news/video/581356.html

æ, !

Comment

• INTERFAX-UKRAINE 10:05 18.04.2019
                                Health Ministry starts testing single transplantation system

The developers have presented the base product of the Unified State Transplantation Information System, according to the website of the Ministry of Health.

Currently, Health Ministry experts are checking the functionality of the system for compliance with all requirements for it. The ministry plans to fully launch the system from January 1, 2020.

According to the report, the system includes stationary and mobile versions, has eight registers. The ninth register, the register of stem cell donors, will be attached to the system later. The system also covers all key logistic processes for the daily operation of registers: managing data on donors and patients, requests, records of transplantations made, etc.

Transplant coordinators and family doctors will have access to the program. The system registers will interact through automatic search and matching donor-recipient pairs. At the same time, the system contains a large database of various medical reference books, which will make it possible to select the parameters of the donor and recipient semi-automatically and, accordingly, minimize the number of errors in personal donor cards. https://en.interfax.com.ua/news/general/581573.html

æ, !

Comment

Working...
                                X