No announcement yet.

Ukrainian roots are being uprooted -

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You are so full of your own self importance aren`t you?. How do you "know" that my wifes` family were "relocated" to help russify the Ukrainian population?, what records have you been trolling to find that "fact" out?. My wifes family actually moved voluntarily to Ukraine as her fathers work moved there. I do apologise as that information isn`t on mine or my wifes facebook page as doubtless you will look at both our pages to check this out! maybe you will check my wifes daughters` facebook as well?. Where we choose to live is no concern of yours, however, since you seem SO interested in our welfare I will advise you that in a few years we intend to move to Ukraine to help this amazing charity in their work, Republic «Pilgrim» | Charity Fund «Pilgrim» I have no doubt you will once again find something to attack about this charity as it is run by a Christian Pastor.
    John 3/16

Comment

• You once called me a Ukrainian Nationalist Nazi and that opened the mean door for me. You will never get to push that button again.

Yes, I have a strong Ukrainian consciousness. I love Ukraine, its people and culture. I get great comfort from Shevchenko's poetry and playing my very old bandura. I'm a pretty good embroiderer as well. I am also a naturalized American and am grateful to live here. It's a good place to be. I have been well-educated and I am multilingual. I made a very good living. My husband is eight yrs younger than I am. My passport gets renewed frequently. I voted for Obama. The concept of same-sex marriage and adoption doesn't bother me at all. I do not believe in religious or political leashes. I believe in God and that everyone has a right to lead their life in peace.

I also think it is important to know who your ancestors are. Helping others to find their roots brings me good karma and personal joy. Luckily for Gregory Paley this interest of mine brought life to a dying site.

I am putting you on ignore forever. Chances are you will disregard my request, but you really should address your mental issues and not tell anyone about those eyeballs that grow where there were none.

Happy New Year to you too!

æ, !

Hannia - Hania - Mighthelp

Comment

• I never called you a Ukrainian nationalist Nazi, I merely said as I have also said on this post that you are nationalistic and just so you can fully understand what this actually means here is the Oxford Dictionary definition :adjective

having strong patriotic feelings, especially a belief in the superiority of one’s own country over others:

he was fiercely nationalistic

nationalistic pride

No mention of Nazism is there? you say you made a very good living so I assume that now you aren`t? As you made comment on your imagined mental issues you accuse me of having are you medically qualified? I will continue to tell anyone I can about the fact of new eyeballs as I KNOW it is true! As you are apparently no longer making a good living why don`t you go to Kiev and support those protesters physically rather than just verbally from your cosy lifestyle in the country you have chosen?.
        John 3/16

Comment

• U.S. sanctions’ legal basis already in place
          Jan. 3, 2014, 3:56 p.m. by Serhiy Leshchenko

Serhiy Leshchenko: U.S. sanctions’ legal basis already in place

æ, !

Comment

• A further reply to your ridiculous comment that my wife and her family were "relocated" to Ukraine to russify the population, she has just said that when she went to school in Ukraine for the first time there was only one person that spoke Ukrainian, that was the teacher of Ukrainian language!. Have you booked your flight to Kiev yet?, after all surely you really want to help, don`t you?, or are you just a remote armchair critic?.
            John 3/16

Comment

• I find it interesting that all of the anti-EU sentiments posted in this thread were written by non-Ukrainians. Non-Ukrainians can express opinions on what might be best for Ukraine and Ukrainians, but the development of these opinions would necessarily lack the deeper sense of connection with her people and their recent tragic history that is inherent in belonging to the Ukrainian nation.

With that in mind, most Ukrainians viscerally resent paternalistic and condescending attitudes exhibited towards them by anyone, but particularly by Russians and Westerners, who have unequivocally demonstrated by their historical actions that they have nothing but contempt for and antipathy towards Ukrainians, and by their recent actions that they don’t seem to be doing a very good job of keeping their own houses in order.

In my own case, I cannot visit the regions that my father’s and mother’s families lived in for centuries without visiting a country whose heritage I can’t claim. As this was decreed by Russians and their Western allies post-WW2, you’ll pardon a healthy dose of scepticism on my part when I hear further opinions expressed by Russians/Englishmen/Americans – self-interested and genocidally bumbling meddlers, as their past history towards Ukraine makes plain – on what might be best for Ukrainians.

A couple of notes to the moderator: if you believe that your wife’s parents were “free” to change jobs in the USSR in the same sense that you might refuse a company transfer in the UK and simply find another local position, your understanding of daily life in the USSR is lacking, I’m sorry to say. Also, although it appears that the charity for which you plan to work has commendable aims, why is the website of this “Ukrainian” charity only available in English and Russian? See, that’s the kind of condescension that makes an ethnic Ukrainian automatically suspicious.

Comment

• My attitude certainly is not condescending, and if Westerners as you say have nothing but contempt and antipathy towards Ukraine why are the demonstrators so keen to be closer to Europe?. I love Ukraine and its people and I believe it would be better for Ukraine to stay away from Europe and also from Russia, it has enough resources and industry to stay independent and trading with both "sides". As for Pilgrim the website is available in English and Russian as these are the two languages spoken by everyone at Pilgrim, I don`t know where everyone is from originally but there are almost certainly some ethnic Ukrainians involved and they aren`t automatically suspicious as their natural tongue is Russian as it is for many Ukrainians. As for my wifes parents I didn`t mention anything about me believing they were free to move I said they moved because of work. I visited The Soviet Union back in 1974 so I do know about the restrictions that were imposed.
                John 3/16

Comment

• you say you believe in God and then go on to say you are happy with same sex marriage and adoption which are clearly against Gods` Word, so you believe in God but so does satan, Billy Graham’s son Franklin: Gay lifestyle is ‘a sin,’ and ‘I want to warn people’ | LifeSiteNews.com
                  John 3/16

Comment

• The Drama of Ukraine | First Things

æ, !

Comment

• Originally posted by nickcsadler View Post
                      you say you believe in God and then go on to say you are happy with same sex marriage and adoption which are clearly against Gods` Word, so you believe in God but so does satan, Billy Graham’s son Franklin: Gay lifestyle is ‘a sin,’ and ‘I want to warn people’ | LifeSiteNews.com
                      Off on a tangent there Nick are you.

Comment

...same sex marriage and adoption which are clearly against Gods` Word..
                        Your God must not only be omniscient, but prescient to boot!. How else could your God have made such a pronouncement without knowing beforehand that same-sex marriage, adoption and LGBT issues would be such hot topics today?

Originally posted by nickcsadler View Post
                        ...also the EU will control laws and as you are in Canada you will know that A Christian couple will find it VERY hard to adopt as opposed to a homosexual couple..
                        Logically, then, a Christian homosexual couple will also find it VERY hard to adopt. What about non-Christian heterosexual couples? Probably a rhetorical question, but what about non-Christian homosexual couples?

Richard

Φ!

Comment

... I said they moved because of work...
                          Actually, you said they moved "voluntarily." Not the same thing at all.

Comment

...there are almost certainly some ethnic Ukrainians involved and they aren`t automatically suspicious as their natural tongue is Russian as it is for many Ukrainians...
                            What's "natural" about it? Just because Ukrainian wasn't as thoroughly supplanted by Russian as Irish or Scots or Welsh were by English doesn't make it any less unnatural for someone to speak a foreign language as his mother tongue.

At least you admit that you don't really know ("almost certainly"). Whether they are ethnically Russian or Ukrainian is besides the point -- if they prefer a foreign language to their own, why shouldn't they prefer a foreign nationality to their own?

Or a foreign religion, for that matter.

Comment

• sadler.......

What the hell is your problem?

You are supposed to be a moderator......ha ha ha ......like yanuk is a preezident.....ha ha !

You have been told by me....by others to stop talking nonsense...and grow up. You are a disgrace. !!

How the hell....who the hell elected / made you moderator......? You couldn't moderate mud wrestling contest....as you are so full of the brown stuff.....you could blend into the mud.

If you don't wish to support Ukraine.....fine , back down and out....and go to some commie blog in roosaya to peddle your bs. Your anti Ukrainian sentiments here are traitorous , disgusting and commie propaganda. If you hate Ukraine so much .....then keep it to yourself ,,,shut up.

I am very offended at your praise of putin and yanuk, and to disparage the protestors in the Maidan. These people and their children will become the future of Ukraine...and oust the korrupt kommie bastards who now systematically rape Ukraine .
                              If you hate your country so much....do something about it. Move to roosya. But it is pretty difficult to leave rule of law for anarchy.....i'sn't it?
                              You are a sick sick man.

Do the right thing and resign.....like yanuk ....

Al least use that brain that god gave you....or were you standing in the s---t line??

Comment

• Hannia, Slavimo Yoho! Thanks for bringing to light Nick's story. It's all obvious now to anyone who knows what Ukrainians have been through, Nick is living in a clueless world.
                                ---

Nick, you are making a fool of yourself. You ask for evidence that your wife's family transferred because of Russification? Have you no clue what the agenda was at the time? You're suggesting every other Russian that ended up in Ukraine, as far West as Lviv, got there because of Russification but your wife's family was magically excluded.

Stop defining words. Words don't define people. Stop making assumptions about others. You know nothing. The fact that your wife is Russian has nothing to do with nationalistic views. Only a fool would call your wife Ukrainian. There is nothing wrong with the fact that she's Russian and it's not her fault that she ended up in that situation. But you did not marry a Ukrainian.

You also claim you love Ukraine and it's people. No, you don't. You see potential for Ukraine to fit your vision, well it's not going to. Any man who doesn't respect the sacrifices that were paid by Ukraine's hero's for the nation to stand today, cannot be a man who loves Ukraine and it's people.

See whats been posted in the past day.

Contact forum moderators here.

Comment

Working...
                                X