No announcement yet.

Ukrainian roots are being uprooted -

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, and as everything under Yanukovich's rule, coincidently Father Mykhailo Dymyd was the priest who lead mass on the Euromaidan stage.

See below:

See whats been posted in the past day.

Contact forum moderators here.

Comment

• Stefku,

Would you mind translating the interview w/father Dymyd for our English speaking friends? He is such a wonderfully optimistic man. Thank you.

æ, !

Hannia - Hania - Mighthelp

Comment

• 1/19/2014

Peaceful protesters pushed to violence:

Ukrainian protesters turn out en masse in defiance of new anti-dissent law | News | DW.DE | 19.01.2014

æ, !

Comment

• Cyber War Tales most interesting
          Cyber war tales Pulse of Week society Kyivweekly.com.ua

æ, !

Comment

• Circumventing the new law and wearing kitchen pots on their heads:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/01/20/wo...-gas.html?_r=0

æ, !

Comment

• Hannia: Thank you for your wonderful input as usual So glad to see you here. You have been missed. Reading Kiev Post every day and find myself weeping at what is going on. Our family also lost their ability to speak Ukrainian language as it was forbidden and children got the strap at school if they spoke it. So much has changed in Canada. I am still searching trying to let our sons know their family history. My HART is still working there and I am for them here as are many others. Our family are still o.k. and we are praying that God will bless the country and its people in this time of great need.

Comment

• Hello Joyce. I must say not much has changed here. Moderator is indirectly calling your family members racists. He once directly called mine nazi. You are a better person than I am.

Happy New Year ! Wishing you and yours everything you might wish for yourselves in this new year.
                Last edited by Hannia; 20th January 2014, 05:00.

æ, !

Comment

• The current leadership of the Kremlin believes that Ukraine’s and the other post-Soviet countries’ Tsarist/Soviet past implies that they should be also subordinate to Moscow, now and in the future, because of their common history. To be sure, one can make an argument that the shared tragic experience of foreign invasions by, for instance, Napoleon’s France and Hitler’s Germany, or the collective suffering of all Soviet nations during Stalinism creates a joint history and lasting bond. Yet, this popular reading is purposefully ignorant of many other, more problematic aspects of Russian imperial history. It ignores that the non-Russian nations and cultures, not the least the Ukrainian one, had a different status under both the Tsars and Communists than the Russian people and their language. Within the strange logic of not only Putin, but many ordinary Russians too, the Romanovs’ and Bolsheviks’ centuries long harsh suppression of Ukrainian language and culture should motivate Ukraine today to re-unite with Russia in a so-called “Customs Union.”

Misunderstanding Ukraine, Misreading Russia - Foreign Policy Journal | Foreign Policy Journal

æ, !

Comment

• Indeed, Father Dymyd was a pleasure listening to.

A translation of the interview in the video above.

Interviewer: Please present yourself and tell us what you're doing at the revolution.
                    Father Mykhailo Dymyd: My name is Mykhailo Dymyd and I am a priest of the Ukrainian Greek Catholic Church (UGCC). In the UGCC I work in the Ukrainian Catholic University and in the parish of Volodymr and Olga in Lviv.
                    Why did I come here? I was always looking for freedom. I love freedom. I am a free person. And for this reason I have found this to be the maidan of freedom. Here I have found the energy and air that previously has been difficult for me to find, even in Lviv, in Western Ukraine, not even mentioning Kyiv.

Interviewer: We know that you organized the liturgy that took place on Sunday before the March of the Millions. This was the first liturgy on stage. Tell us how you went about organizing it, how the idea came to you, and how people came to agreement from different religious denominations.
                    (1 min mark)
                    Father Dymyd: Father Igor Konuskevich wrote in the news of the UGCC that Father Dymyd will be coming to Kyiv. I thought to myself, why did he find it necessary to mention that. I thought if he wrote of such news, then what is my mission here. I thought to myself, my mission here is for everyone to have the opportunity to listen to the Divine Liturgy. Because it's impossible to fight for dignity, for freedom, and to not praise the Lord, to not raise your heart to the Lord. Because there is no freedom and dignity if you don't raise your heart to the Lord. So then I started very difficult discussions with various churches and other officials, in order to piece together the hundred different components of the Liturgy. Because certainly you see the throne, for instance, but somebody needs to build the throne. Where the priest leads mass. (2 min mark) You need the linnens, the chalice, you need some sort of permission for the Liturgy to take place. And even at 10pm on Saturday I wasn't sure that everything would be there, but I was already at peace. I said, thank you Lord. And then they wrote to me to tell me there is no throne. I said, that's okay. If you put in your full effort, everything will be fine. I woke up in the morning, drove there, everything was there. And then the priests started gathering, I see between 5-10 thousand people. (2:30) So I was very exited. This was the nicest and best Liturgy in my life.

Interviewer: Finally, tell us what most surprises you in this revolution. Maybe you can remember something interesting that happened.
                    Father Dymyd: Something that happened... It makes me very happy when different people from the East come up to me and want to talk, want to take pictures. (3 min mark) Just recently I was in McDonnalds and two girls from Dnipropetrovsk come up to me and ask me if we can take a picture. I say yes, and then they ask, what are you doing here? So then I started the conversation, I invited them to the opening ceremony at the university where I will be presenting. You see, this is the good that one seeds one another. Who was here for a good reason? Probably those girls, not me. You see, I just chimed in. Thats one thing. The other thing is, for me ... I want to cry with joy. How the church is with it's people. It's an extraordinary thing and the people feel it, and they say, "you know, never before could we feel like this, when the church stands with the people, but we see it here."
                    Interviewer: Thank you very much Father

See whats been posted in the past day.

Contact forum moderators here.

Comment

• Hannia you know full well I have NEVER called your family Nazi, indeed I have never passed comment on your family, unlike you and the comments you have made about my family!
                      John 3/16

Comment

• Moderator.

Just as you have insinuated that Joyce's family members are racists, you did call my father a nationalistic nazi. You can censor and erase posts, but you cannot change what you did. You are responsible for your words. Just as I am responsible for mine.

When this situation in Ukraine started brewing, you didn't have the sense to open a discussion about it. Now please stay away from my threads and get off my band wagon. Create your own threads, which I am sure everyone here is just chomping at the bit to read. You are neither wanted nor needed in this sub-forum.
                        Last edited by Hannia; 20th January 2014, 16:53.

æ, !

Comment

• Parliamentary Titushkism :: khpg.org

æ, !

Comment

• I never insinuated that Joyces` family members were racists I suggested that those that said what Joyce said she had heard Ukrainins saying about Russians living in Ukraine were, she did NOT say her family said it!. I never called your father a nationalistic Nazi, I said you were nationalistic, and if you have read my previous comments you will see what the Oxford dictionary definition of nationalistic is, it does NOT mention Nazism! Just because you want everyone to believe what you believe doesn`t mean you will get your own way however many toys you throw out of your pram, tell me where or when I have censored or erased any of your comments or posts, even those that have been attacking my wife and family I have not touched even though they were extremely offensive!
                            John 3/16

Comment

• Institute of Mass Information

æ, !

Comment

• Moderator.

I am not in the position to manipulate posts, via censorship or otherwise. Why don't you repeat what I actually said about your wife, that was so offensive two yrs ago? Are you referring to a post that stated that you have no vested interest in this site and its forums, short of being married to a Russian internet bride from Ukraine?

No answer is necessary. EOM

æ, !

Comment

Working...
                                X