Zaschak & Strilecky families

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zaschak & Strilecky families

I e-mailed Hannia about the Strilecky family a while ago, but unfortunately I lost the response e-mail. I'm still kicking myself over that.

Anyway, wondering if anyone could help me with either of those two surnames.

I apologize, I'm not very good at asking things like this... but if there's any other info needed, I will be happy to help to the best of my abilities! Unfortunately, my knowledge on my own family happens to be a little limited (sad, isn't it?)

Are you the one w/family from a village in SE Poland today, where they manufactured paints for
    church icon work ???

What do you remember, both questions and possibly my answer?

Там де ╓ Укра╖нц╕, там ╓ Укра╖на!

Hannia - Hania - Mighthelp

Comment

Originally posted by Hannia View Post
      Are you the one w/family from a village in SE Poland today, where they manufactured paints for
      church icon work ???
      Yep! I remember you telling me that. Posada Rybotychi was the name, I believe.

Comment

From late 18th century -1918 wies Posada Rybotycka was predominantly a Ruthenian/Ukrainian village
        with its own Orthodox Church (St. Onufrij's dated back to 15th century). The filial Roman Catholic Church
        was in Rybotycze. Dobromil was both the POWIAT (administrative district/county) and the GMINA (judicial/
        tax district). This was the Galicia Province, administered by ethnic Poles for the Austro-Hungarian Empire.
        Bare in mind that Poland had not existed as a geopolitical entity for appx 125 yrs during this Austro-Hungarian
        Period. From 1919 this immediate area came under Reconstituted Poland's domain.

Today Posada Rybotycka is a Polish village and St. Onufrij's Church is known as a museum exhibiting
        frescoes . (All Ukrainians were resettled by 1947 to the Soviet Union or to the fallow territories once
        inhabited by Prussian/German Colonists.*** ) Fredropol is the GMINA and Przemysl is the POWIAT >
        Podkarpatskie wojiwodstwo/region in SE Poland, very close to the Ukrainian border. It is appx 11 miles
        SW of Przemysl and 37 miles SE of the regional capital Rzeszow.

Archival Documents

map of immediate area

The 15th century St. Onuphrius Orthodox church is made of brick. It is the oldest Orthodox church
        in Poland. In the past there was a small monastery next to it. This was where medieval icon and fresco painting
        was taught. Inside the church the 16th century Byzantine polychromy has survived. Abandoned after 1945,
        the church is now a part of the Przemyśl branch of the National Museum. The River Wiar which flows
        nearby is a natural border between the region of Pogórze Przemyskie (the Przemyśl Plateau) in the
        Western Carpathians and the small mountain group called Góry Sanocko-Turczańskie, which belongs
        to the Eastern Carpathians. (Excerpt from a Polish Tourist link)
        Last edited by Hannia; 23rd March 2009, 07:43.

Comment

Now remind me re full names of immigrant/ancestors and where they settled upon immigration.

Comment

There is Daniel Strilecky who was born in 1891 in Posada Rybotycka. Later came to the United States (unsure of the year) and settled in Pittsburgh, PA where his son Daniel (my great grandfather) was born in 1911. My great grandfather later moved to West Virginia, before finally settling in Dearborn Heights, Michigan.

Comment

Daniel (originally Danylo?) Strilecky, dob 12/27/1891, was naturalized 7/28/1931 in Eastern District,
              Southern Division Detroit. Petition 62929. Naturalization records can help you find the immigration date,
              ship and entry port for Daniel Strilecky.
              USA Naturalization & Citizenship Records

pix of St. Onufrij and Wier River nearby.
              Posada Rybotycka Photos | TrekEarth
              Last edited by Hannia; 24th March 2009, 18:21.

Comment

Looks like most villagers from Posada Rybotycka were resettled around Ternopil in Ukraine!!!

Comment

Thanks so much!

Comment

Former residents of posada rybotycka

These are individuals carrying Strilecky surname, descendants of former Posada Robotycka residents.
                    They currently live in selo/village Zhnyborody > Buchach raion/district > Ternopilska oblast/region !!!

Стр╕лецька Галина Володимир╕вна Strilecka Halyna, daughter of Volodymir
                    Стр╕лецька Галина Микола╖вна Halyna, daughter of Mykola
                    Стр╕лецька Ганна ╤ван╕вна Hanna, daughter of Ivan
                    Стр╕лецька Ганна Тимк╕вна Hanna, daughter of Timko
                    Стр╕лецька Дар╕я Степан╕вна Daria, daughter of Stepan
                    Стр╕лецька Ем╕л╕я Володимир╕вна Emilia, daughter of Volodymir
                    Стр╕лецька Леся Володимир╕вна Lesia, daughter of Volodymir
                    Стр╕лецька Мар╕я Микола╖вна Maria, daughter of Mykola
                    Стр╕лецька Мар╕я Михайл╕вна Maria, daughter of Michajlo
                    Стр╕лецька Мар╕я Петр╕вна Maria, daughter of Petro
                    Стр╕лецька Мар╕я Петр╕вна Maria, daughter of Petro
                    Стр╕лецька Мар╕я Степан╕вна Maria, daughter of Stepan
                    Стр╕лецька Мар╕я Темоф╕╖вна Maria, daughter of Tymofij
                    Стр╕лецька Над╕я Йосип╕вна Nadia, daughter of Josef
                    Стр╕лецька Оксана Зенов╕╖вна Oksana, daughter of Zenovij
                    Стр╕лецька Олександра Семен╕вна Alexandra, daughter of Semen
                    Стр╕лецька Ольга Максим╕вна Olha, daughter of Maksym
                    Стр╕лецька Ореста Степан╕вна Oresta, daughter of Stepan
                    Стр╕лецька Пелаг╕я Мартин╕вна Pelagia, daughter of Martyn
                    Стр╕лецька Соф╕я Васил╕вна Sofia, daughter of Vasyl
                    Стр╕лецька Ярина Володимир╕вна Jaryna, daughter of Volodymir
                    Стр╕лецький В╕ктор Йосипович Strilecky Viktor, son of Josef
                    Стр╕лецький Володимир Володимирович Volodymir, son of Volodymir
                    Стр╕лецький Володимир Климович Volodymir, son of Klym
                    Стр╕лецький Володимир Михайлович Volodymir, son of Mihajlo
                    Стр╕лецький Зенов╕й Петрович Zenovij, son of Petro
                    Стр╕лецький ╤ван Володимирович Ivan, son of Volodymir
                    Стр╕лецький ╤ван Йосипович Ivan, son of Josef
                    Стр╕лецький Йосип ╤ванович Josef, son of Ivan
                    Стр╕лецький Микола Антонович Mykola, son od Anton
                    Стр╕лецький Микола Йосипович Mykola, son of Josef
                    Стр╕лецький Микола Михайлович Mykola. son of Michajlo
                    Стр╕лецький Микола Михайлович Mykola, son of Michajko
                    Стр╕лецький Микола Степанович Mykola, son of Stepan
                    Стр╕лецький Микола Степанович Mykola, son of Stepan
                    Стр╕лецький Михайло Володимирович Michajlo, son of Volodymir
                    Стр╕лецький Михайло Михайлович Michajlo, son of Michajlo
                    Стр╕лецький Михайло Степанович Michajlo, son of Stepan
                    Стр╕лецький Олег Миколайович Oleh, son of Mykola
                    Стр╕лецький Степан Степанович Stepan, son of Stepan

Zhnyborody also has descendants of former residents of villages Bushkovychi (Buszkowice > Przemysl)
                    Odrekhova (Odrzechowa > Sanok), Ostriv of Lublin Region (Ostrow Lubelskie), Hanchova (Hanczowa > Gorlice),
                    Pyatkiv (Piatkowa > Nowy Sacz? Dobromil? Rzeszow?) and Lymna (Lomna> Dobromil? Bochnia?) all currently in Poland.
                    Last edited by Hannia; 1st April 2009, 21:22.

Comment

timbeau,

Your ancestors were LEMKO, a micro-ethnic Ruthenain group.

Spend a little time exploring following site.
                      LEMKOs | Lemkivshchyna | Lemkovyna | Lemko | Boyko | Rusyn | Rusnak | Ruthenians | Carpatho-Ruthenians, etc.....

Comment

The help is GREATLY appreciated. Thank you.

Comment

Hello, long time no chat

Regarding my great great grandfather Antoni Zaschak/Zoszczak, who I've been trying to research for many years and whose death certificate I've been able to find on FamilySearch.org.. His birthdate is listed as 01 May 1880, his birthplace Daszicoka Lisko (?), Poland and his parents Michael and Anastasia. He passed in 1948. Any help with his parents and/or siblings if he had any would be greatly appreciated, as this is something I've been wondering for a long time. Times like these make me wish my great grandmother was still around!

https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:KFW2-8S9

Comment

Your Immigrant Ancestor was likely Lemko. Lemko were/are a micro-ethnic Ruthenian/Ukrainian group. LEMKOs | Lemkivshchyna | Lemkovyna | Lemko | Boyko | Rusyn | Rusnak | Ruthenians | Carpatho-Ruthenians, etc.....

Getting Started

A Dictionary of Lemko Surnames

The Lemko Project : Genealogy

http://www.carpatho-rusyn.org/lemkos/geneal.htm

The Chronicle of Our Patch: Digging into Lemko and Ukrainian Family History in Poland

Any surviving families in your ancestral village were either repatriated to Soviet Union or forcefully resettled by Polish govt as per agreement w/Stalin. Contacting the various Lemko orgs in both Ukraine and Poland will hopefully lead you back to them.
                            Operation Vistula
                            ===========================

Dovzhycja [Ru] Dolzyca [Polish] formerly part of historic Galicia Province > administered by ethnic Poles for the Austro-Hungarian Empire.

Lisko District, present day SE Poland

Lemko Surnames found in 1787 Austrian Cadastral Records

Andera
                            Besyda (2 familes)
                            Lannik / Lannyk ( 2 families)
                            Nester / Nestor (2 families)
                            Tarnawski / Tarnavs'kyj

Parish Data:

The church was "Saint Nicholas the Miracle Worker" [1907] [destroyed]

This village was a filial parish to the one located in TISNA 3km away. The wooden church was erected in 1907 replacing an older one dating to at least 1830.

In 1785 the village lands comprised 11.07 sq. km. There were 150 Greek Catholics 8 Roman Catholics and 5 Jews

1840 - 271 Greek Catholics

1859 - 262 Greek Catholics

1879 - 309 Greek Catholics

1899 - 360 Greek Catholics

1926 - 342 Greek Catholics

1936 - 443 Greek Catholics

The village was not incorporated into the Lemko Apostolic Administration in 1934

LDS microfilm is not available

Comment

Hi again!

Going through my great great grandfather Danylo/Daniel "Danko" Strzebiki/Strilecky' (b. 1891 in Posada Rybotycka, came over in 1907)'s Ellis Island manifest, I learned that he was heading to a brother in law in Pittsburgh named Chuat Ciesla. It's my understanding that the Ciesla surname has something to do with carpentry, but it's the Chuat that I'm having some trouble with. If any help can be provided it'd be greatly appreciated, as this could unlock some more doors for me.

https://www.libertyellisfoundation.o...NzZW5nZXIiOw==
                              Last edited by timbeau; 13th August 2017, 07:19.

Comment

Working...
                              X