X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For Lack of Better Place

Borispil airport workers “decorate” Russian aircraft
    2014/12/01 • EUROMAIDAN PRESS

Workers at the Boryspil Airport near Kyiv decorated an Aeroflot Russian Airlines aircraft with graffiti about Putin and Pushkin, reports Espreso TV, November 30.

Using a black marker on the body and engines of the aircraft, they scrawled the famous obscene chant of soccer fans about Putin : “Putin kh**lo.” In addition, they placed the inscription “Russians read your Pushkin. Think” on the sensor of the aircraft, avianews.com reports.

The incident occurred sometime in the evening on November 28, in the parking lot near Terminal D.

As reported by LB.ua, the inscriptions were made by several airport employees. They have been detained by airport security, but it is not known if they have been released yet.

Attempts were made to remove the offensive inscriptions but the work was not completed due to insufficient time. Therefore, the plane flew to its destination bearing a portion of the chant “Putin kh**lo.”
    Borispil airport workers “decorate” Russian aircraft | EUROMAIDAN PRESS | News and Opinion from Across Ukraine

æ, !

Hannia - Hania - Mighthelp

That's funny!

Retirement sucks! You never get a day off!!!

Comment

Hmm. Maybe they should get stickers next time and place them on each passenger window.

See whats been posted in the past day.

Contact forum moderators here.

Comment

BBC: Russian prostitutes hike prices as ruble falls
        Dec. 3, 2014, 5:09 p.m. | Russia and former Soviet Union — by BBC

Prostitutes in the Russian Arctic port of Murmansk have unexpectedly hiked prices for their services by up to 40%, blaming the tumbling rouble exchange rate for their decision, it seems.

They also want to peg the cost of services to the dollar in the longer term if the situation doesn't improve, sources at one brothel tell the local FlashNord news agency. Two hours with a prostitute in Murmansk cost 3,000-7,000 roubles ($57-132; £36-84) before the price rise, the agency says. The management of another brothel says it's "trying to keep prices down, but the cost of living is rising and the girls can't work at a loss". The rouble has lost more than 40% of its value against the dollar and 60% against the euro since the start of the year, as a result of Western sanctions over Russia's involvement in the eastern Ukraine insurgency and a fall in oil prices.

Russian social media commentators are having a field day over the news, with some getting in digs at the authorities. "Putin - learn about the economy from the Murmansk prostitutes", tweets Andrei Negotov. Others, including Alexander Sitnikov on the NTV website, think the prostitutes should show some patriotism and "raise their rates for foreigners, in reply to sanctions". BBC News - Russia: Prostitutes hike prices as rouble falls

æ, !

Comment

Watch the screen and choose the best price?
          Attached Files

Retirement sucks! You never get a day off!!!

Comment

Thats hilarious. Maybe when customers complain they can say "Putin Huilo"

Comment

Medvedev wears platform boots to a meeting with the President of Kazakhstan
              EUROMAIDAN PRESS 2014/12/17 • Russia

The Russian Prime Minister awed the Kazakh press.

Russian Prime Minister Dmitry Medvedev, who may be fired from his post by Putin soon, held a meeting with the President of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev.

According to the press service of the Kazakh President, during the meeting, the parties discussed priority issues in bilateral cooperation in the spheres of trade, economy and energy. However, the Kazakh press was awed by something entirely different.

Nazarbayev’s press service published the protocol photographs of the meeting, and the politicians’ footwear was caught on film. The photo shows the Russian Prime Minister wearing shoes with a five-centimeter platform.

“Obviously, Dmitry Medvedev is trying to compensate for his short height of 163 centimeters,” writes NUR.KZ.

It is reported that Nazarbayev is 170 centimeters tall. Russian President Vladimir Putin is the same height.

Dmitry Medvedev, with his 163 centimeters, is one of the shortest politicians. Shorter than him are the late leader of North Korea Kim Jong Il (162 cm) and former President of Iran Mahmud Ahmadinejad (157 cm).

Some of the tallest politicians are former presidents of Georgia and Ukraine. The height of Mikheil Saakashvili and Viktor Yanukovych was 192 cm. Other exemplary figures are the presidents of the U.S. and Belarus. Barack Obama is 185 cm tall, Alexandr Lukashenko has a height of 188 cm. Medvedev wears platform boots to a meeting with the President of Kazakhstan* | EUROMAIDAN PRESS | News and Opinion from Across Ukraine
              ======================
              Psychologists tell us the preference for tall leaders is an evolutionary throwback to a time when conflicts were resolved strictly by violence. It's difficult for me to imagine a leader wearing platform shoes, as anything but a clown.
              Last edited by Hannia; 18th December 2014, 03:54.

æ, !

Comment

Alexander J. Motyl: The Putin-Santa letters 2014
                Dec. 24, 2014, 5:34 p.m. | Op-ed — by Alexander J. Motyl KYIV POST

The Communist Party of St. Petersburg recently issued a statement to Russian children in which it warned them against the imperialist intentions of the CIA stooge, Santa Claus. (Seriously.)

Fortunately, Russia’s ever vigilant president, Vladimir Putin, is already on the case, as the below correspondence (intercepted by Santa Claus’s imperialist intelligence service) reveals.

Dear Vlad,

Would you happen to know the whereabouts of Viktor Yanukovych? I haven’t heard from him in over a year.

Respectfully,
                Santa

Mr. “Santa Claus”:

Are you a head of state? No, you are not. Is the North Pole a state? No, it is not. You will henceforth address me as The Honorable Vladimir Putin, President of the Russian Federation, and demonstrate the requisite respect for the greatness of my country.

There are several issues to which I would like to draw your attention:

First, I have been informed that your sleighs and reindeer have repeatedly violated Russian airspace. If you do not cease these unwarranted violations of our sovereignty, I shall have no choice but to adopt the appropriate defensive measures. Remember that Russian troops could be in the North Pole in two days. Moreover, please be forewarned that we fully understand that the incessant jingling that accompanies your alleged “sleigh rides” is intended to scramble our air defense systems. I suggest you cease forthwith.

Second, it has come to our attention that the language and culture of Russian-speaking elves are being violated systematically. Your dictatorial regime (we are fully aware that you were never elected but seized power in a coup) forbids Russian-language schools, Russian-language media, and Russian-language arts. If you do not cease your crass violations of the inalienable rights of your persecuted Russian minority, I shall have no choice but to apply the appropriate defensive measures. By the same token, your insistence that English be mandatory throughout the territory you rule is a violation of the European Charter on Minority Languages and must be revoked.

Third, I would like to inform you that the North Pole is sacred Russian territory. It is a well-known fact that Holy Russia brought Christianity to the North Pole many centuries before you seized power, mobilized fascist and neo-Nazi elves, and inflicted social genocide upon the aboriginal Russian inhabitants. The Russian Federation will defend its interests—and it will especially defend its sacred interests—regardless of the imperialist ambitions of you and your neo-Nazi allies.

Fourth, it has come to my attention that you intend to join NATO. Russia cannot permit the extension of a hostile alliance that snubs Russian interests and pride in a region of strategic and sacred importance to all Russians. Please be advised that the emplacement of NATO troops, ships, and long-range rockets on the North Pole will not be tolerated. If Russian-speaking elves fearful of American imperialism appeal to Mother Russia for help, we shall be compelled to respond with all necessary measures, including sending little green elves as emissaries of peace.

Fifth, it has come to my attention that you intend to sign an Association Agreement with the European Union. Please be aware that such an action will be deemed hostile by Russia, which will be forced to respond accordingly. Needless to say, your ability to distribute your one and only export—what you preposterously claim are mere “gifts”—depends overwhelmingly on a duty-free regime with Russia and lax customs controls. I strongly urge you to consider joining the Eurasian Union, which will open up new markets to you in democratic Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, and Armenia.

Sixth, the solution to all your crass violations of democracy, human rights, and international legal norms is obvious. Convene your ruling bodies and formally request that the Russian Federation accept the North Pole as an autonomous republic with the same status as Holy Crimea. I am certain that the Federation Council will accede to your request.

Mr. Claus, permit me to speak frankly and sincerely: that move would open up great vistas for you and your land. There is a strong possibility of your being appointed prime minister of the Russian Federation. In turn, Dmitri Medvedev could assume your current position. Few would notice the difference. Your elves would have access to the wonders of Russian civilization—everything from Valery Gergiev to Russia Today TV. Due to their size, they would of course be exempted from military service. On the other hand, I see great opportunities for them in the secret service, where size does not matter. Naturally, you will be well advised to change your name: Sergei Clausov would be my recommendation.

Mr. Clausov (if I may), the Russian Federation and the North Pole can be friends, or they can be enemies. The choice is yours.

Respectfully,
                Vladimir Putin,
                President of the Russian Federation

P.S. Viktor Yanukovych insists you are a fascist coup-plotter and asks that you cease hunting him.

Dear Mr. President,

Thank you for your kind offer, but my elves have voted unanimously to move the North Pole to Ukraine, on the grounds that the North Pole is an imagined community that can be located anywhere. President Poroshenko informs me that we shall be able to use Mr. Yanukovych’s former estate in Mezhyhirya gratis. Frankly, I’m tired of the ice, and Ukraine, I’m told, is on the verge of a major thaw. (I’m also told that Russia is on the verge of a major meltdown, so congratulations to you are presumably in order.) The elves are looking forward to pepper vodka and pierogis. Rudolph says he can’t wait to bathe in the Dnipro River.

Naturally, you and your countrymen are welcome to the ice cap. Poroshenko said that may be your last refuge, but I’m not at all sure what he meant.

Best,
                Serhii Clausenko

The Putin-Santa Letters, 2014 | World Affairs Journal

æ, !

Comment

Why Putin says ‘Glory to Ukraine’ – and other Russian anecdotes
                  2015/03/08 • Russia EUROMAIDAN PRESS

Mental asylum transportation crew came for a pick-up

Few nations in the world are more given to and gifted in the use of anecdotes about many things including their leaders, than the Russians. Sometimes that is because anecdotes say more in a few words than articles can say in hundreds, and sometimes it is because anecdotes have a deniability factor, always useful in repressive conditions.

Russians have been coming up with anecdotes about Vladimir Putin since the very beginning of his rule, but they are now becoming ever more widespread; and BelarusPartisan.org offers a healthy selection of the latest, some of which of course are recycled from the Soviet past much like Putin, but others of which are uniquely his.

Below are a few of those from this remarkable Belarusian collection.

-What is the latest Russian paradox? Having just won an election, Putin needs the military to defend him against the people who voted for him.
                  -A police officer approaches a Russian at a demonstration and tells him that it is impermissible to call for the overthrow of Putin. The protester says he hasn’t; he’s only called for honest elections. The police officer responds that honest elections are the overthrow of Putin.
                  -Two political prisoners are talking. The first asks the second what he was sent to jail for. The second says he drew a cartoon showing Putin as an idiot. Then, under what provision of the law did they sentence you, hooliganism or extremism? No, the second replies, for revealing a state secret.
                  - Putin is asked what the rest of Russia is if Moscow is the Third Rome. Putin replies: The rest of Russia is a second Honduras!
                  -Putin is asked why he always lies. Putin replies: “I don’t lie … I simply never tell the truth…”
                  Having declared that “the Americans are guilty of all the misfortunes of Russia,” Putin in fact has acknowledged that he is an American spy…”
                  -Putin tells the Russian people that the temporary problems will soon be over… Then the permanent ones will begin.
                  -US President Obama tells Putin that Western economic sanctions can destroy Russia in three years. Putin replies: “That’s nothing; I can do it in one.”
                  -Putin calls on the spirit of Peter the Great who denounces him for all the harm the current president has done to Russia. Putin replies that he has some good points: he doesn’t drink, he doesn’t smoke, and he lives in a way that will guarantee he lives for a long time. Peter the Great responds that that is something very bad too. For you to worry about your health, may be good for you, the tsar say. But for Russia it is bad.
                  -Putin is asked if he is worried about the brain drain out of Russia. He replies that there is no reason to, because he’d never used them anyway.
                  -Putin’s reform program: First, make people rich and happy. A list of those who are to be that is attached.
                  -Medvedev runs into Putin’s office and shouts that the Nazis have entered Moscow. Putin tells him to calm down: those aren’t Nazis; they are just postmen in the new uniforms Putin has designed for them.
                  -When a Western journalist asks how many thousand Russian troops have died in battles with the Ukrainian army, Putin replies that Russian soldiers enjoy taking their vacation in the Donbas so much that many of them aren’t returning.
                  -Why didn’t the Kremlin publish the names of the 300 Russian journalists Putin gave awards to for their coverage of the Crimean operation? Because to have done so would have revealed those of FSB agents.
                  -Why do some Jews in the Donbas love Putin? Because now, the people there blame him and not the Jews for all shortages.
                  -Having conducted negotiations with Hollande and Merkel about the withdrawal of Russian forces which “aren’t in the Donbas,” Putin declares that there were not any negotiations either.
                  -Patriarch Kirill believes in Putin the father, Medvedev the son, and the holy Russian Bureaucrat. Putin believes in the evil one, the devil, and in Patriarch Kirill…
                  -Having seen his latest ratings in the polls, Putin quietly says “Glory to Ukraine!”
                  Why Putin says ‘Glory to Ukraine’ – and other Russian anecdotes -Euromaidan Press |

æ, !

Comment

Separatism coming back to haunt the Kremlin: Moscow Peoples Republic
                    2015/03/08 • Analysis & Opinion, Russia EUROMAIDAN PRESS

Flag of the Moscow People's Republic

Yury Batishchev, who styles himself as the leader of the Moscow liberation movement, Rusinsky Kray, has announced the formation on the territory of Moscow and Moscow oblast of what he calls the Moscow Peoples Republic, an online declaration that represents another way the Kremlin’s actions in Ukraine are having a spillover effect in Russia.

And while such a declaration, made only online and picked up by another blogger whose words have been reported by only a few sites, may not be important in and of itself, it is an indication of the way in which such copycat political actions may create problems for the Russian authorities.

Some in the Russian security services may hope to use such declarations to channel opposition feelings or even to identify and then decapitate opposition groups, but as the situation in the Donbas shows, even those institutions the Kremlin sets up – and the Moscow Peoples Republic likely isn’t one of those – are ones that it may lose control over.

That is all the more so in this case because of the nature of the declaration that the new group has made. As reported by Infokava.com, on Friday, “the council of the Rusinsky Kray Liberation Movement” held a congress in Moscow, decided to organize a Moscow Peoples Republic and issued the following declaration:

We the representatives of the city of Moscow and the plenipotentiaries of the Rusinsky Kray Liberation Movement declare: Beginning March 6, we are taking upon ourselves responsibility for defending the civil rights and freedoms of Muscovites which have been violated in the most cavalier fashion by the current authorities.

“We are compelled to organize civil protest actions on March 10 and April 14 in Moscow and its environs. We have taken part in the formation of the first independent civic corps for the military defense of Moscow.

“In our country, given the inaction of the president of the Russian Federation, have been violated without punishment the constitutional rights of citizens, have been violated the democratic principles of the freedom of the mass media, and have been cruelly limited the free access of citizens of the country to honest and objective information about the situation in the country and about the economic crisis in Russia.

“We ask all honest citizens of Moscow and its environs and also all social organizations to support our declaration and join in the formation of the MNR – the Moscow Peoples Republic.” Separatism coming back to haunt the Kremlin: Moscow Peoples Republic -Euromaidan Press |

æ, !

Comment

Originally posted by Hannia View Post

-Patriarch Kirill believes in Putin the father, Medvedev the son, and the holy Russian Bureaucrat. Putin believes in the evil one, the devil, and in Patriarch Kirill…
                      -Having seen his latest ratings in the polls, Putin quietly says “Glory to Ukraine!”
                      Why Putin says ‘Glory to Ukraine’ – and other Russian anecdotes -Euromaidan Press |
                      All those are really funny. I love the Patriarch Kirill one. The last one is sad, but true.

Comment

Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the ugliest fascist of them all? Three votes
                        2015/03/24 • The Naked Truth EUROMAIDAN PRESS

The "International Russian Conservative" aka fascism Forum that was hosted by the Russian party ‘Rodina,’ a close ally of Putin's "United Russia," on 22 March 2015 in St.Petersburg gathered some of Europe's and America's most marginal and extreme far-right, fascist, and neo-nazi figures. Cast your vote to identify who is the biggest lunatic among them (maximum three votes). Cast your vote for the most lunatic fascist at the International Russian Conservative Forum -Euromaidan Press |

æ, !

Comment

The Moscow Times: Russian schoolchildren invited to spend holidays in North Korean camps
                          March 31, 2015, 10:30 p.m. | Russia and former Soviet Union — by The Moscow Times

A high-ranking North Korean diplomat in far eastern Russia has proposed that local schoolchildren spend their holidays in North Korean youth camps in a bid to further strengthen relations between the countries, according to a statement released Tuesday.

Im Cheon Il, North Korea's general consul in the Russian city of Nakhodka, made the proposal at a meeting with the Russian republic of Yakutia's head of foreign affairs, Vladimir Vasilyev, the republic's government said on its website.

The officials also discussed promoting tourism in general and trade, particularly in agriculture, the statement said.

"Russia and Korea have traditionally had friendly relations, but now the political relationship between our countries is developing more productively than ever before," Im was quoted as saying in the statement.

Russia's relations with North Korea's reclusive government have flourished over the past year as Russia pivots eastward for diplomatic and economic support amid floundering ties with the West due to the Ukraine crisis.

North Korean leader Kim Jong Un is expected in May to attend Moscow's grand celebration of Victory Day, an event that many Western leaders are snubbing because of Ukraine.

North Korea's official news agency said earlier this month that the country was declaring 2015 a year of friendship with Russia as the states mark the 70th anniversary of the end of World War II.

The endeavor is set to focus on developing diplomatic, business and cultural contacts and includes collaborative events in the capitals, Moscow and Pyongyang. Russian Schoolchildren Invited to Spend Holidays in North Korean Camps | News | The Moscow Times

æ, !

Comment

That's absolutly ridiculous and sick. Now Putin is allowing children to be part of his twisted reality? Stalin would be proud and maybe a little scared.

Slava Ukraini

Comment

Originally posted by Hannia View Post
                              Borispil airport workers “decorate” Russian aircraft
                              2014/12/01 • EUROMAIDAN PRESS

Workers at the Boryspil Airport near Kyiv decorated an Aeroflot Russian Airlines aircraft with graffiti about Putin and Pushkin, reports Espreso TV, November 30.

Using a black marker on the body and engines of the aircraft, they scrawled the famous obscene chant of soccer fans about Putin : “Putin kh**lo.” In addition, they placed the inscription “Russians read your Pushkin. Think” on the sensor of the aircraft, avianews.com reports.

[/url]
                              I'm not familiar with the Putin kh**lo expression. Would anyone be able to offer a rough translation into English, or it's Englsih equivalent?

Is it a Ukrainian obscenity or a Russian one?
                              Ԧ - ئ

Comment

Working...
                              X