Femen in action against Berlusconi!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Femen in action against Berlusconi!

Three women from the Ukrainian feminist group Femen attempt to disrupt former premier Silvio Berlusconi as he votes in the Italian elections on Sunday:-Topless Femen activists attempt to confront Silvio Berlusconi as he votes in Italian elections - video | World news | guardian.co.uk

I wonder why the security guards felt they had to shove those women to the ground and hold them down (although they were quite feisty).
    Do they really think those breasts were loaded - a dangerous weapon of sorts?

Comment

Police taking a harder line with protestors

Sanmarie,
      In many European countries there is a growing discontent among much of the populace, who more increasingly are taking to the streets to protest. Normally it is about the austerity measures against the most vulnerable that causes the anger, but emerging from these manifestations is a visible upping of the aggressive levels being shown by the Police in response to protesters.

Comment

Originally posted by Gotno Gizmo View Post
        Sanmarie,
        In many European countries there is a growing discontent among much of the populace, who more increasingly are taking to the streets to protest. Normally it is about the austerity measures against the most vulnerable that causes the anger, but emerging from these manifestations is a visible upping of the aggressive levels being shown by the Police in response to protesters.
        TRUE! But I'm yet to be convinced that protesting of any kind and for any reason has much (if any) impact on whatever the subject of protest. These people, often in their thousands these days, have really no idea what they are actually protesting about. They simply join the mob to be 'cool'. Me thinks it's simply a way to get on TV.

Really though, one can't blame the police for being a bit rough, it seems the only way to handle some of these idiots. Pity they couldn't simply get a decent job and help make the world a better place.

Comment

Reply to rcshott

Vrcshott said "Really though, one can't blame the police for being a bit rough, it seems the only way to handle some of these idiots. Pity they couldn't simply get a decent job and help make the world a better place"

I don't know where you live rcshott, could it be cloud number 9?

Some of the protest may seem insignificant or controversial (as the Femen ones), but for the most part Europeans are marching on the streets because their workplaces are to be closed, or are already closed, and they can't get jobs. Or perhaps they still have a job, but have not had a pay rise for more than two years, but food, energy and housing costs still keep rising.

Their government's are becoming frightened because they fear they may lose power and are probably telling the Police to be firmer at such protest marches.

However, I do acknowledge that there are many people who remain comfortably off and do not wish to be confronted with this distraction because it does not concern them. I guess you are in this ever reducing comfortable social group. Let us all continue to hope that you can remain in employment, not get sick or ever, lose you inflation linked pension plan (if applicable), or ever find yourself wanting for anything, because the ways things are going, you may also feel a need to protest your future hardship.

Comment

Re: Why Is Everyone So Mad at Pretty, Topless Femen? - The Cut

For the record, I believe Islam to be a Satanic cult. That said, I joined 772 others who liked the facebook page "Muslim Women Against Femen." Sadly they don't allow comments
            http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3381853/

http://www.linkedin.com/in/jamesabretney

Comment

Working...
            X