Kiss Me Kate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kiss Me Kate

Kiev's Operetta Theatre has endured a long period of closure not only due to the usual summer recess but an additional period of closure due to an extensive refurbishment of the theatre including floors, stairs walls, lighting, new theatre seats and more. In brief it is a brighter and even more attractive venue.

My partner and I attended their showing of "Kiss Me Kate", the 1948 Broadway hit that has subsequently been staged in many other parts of the world. A film followed in 1953 starring Howard Keel and Kathryn Grayson. The storyline takes place around the lives of the actors involved in a musical production based on William Shakespeare's comedy "The Taming of the Shrew"

As always the orchestre provided fine music and the leading actors performed and sang to a high professional standard. There was also some very nice dance routines with one leading dancer in particular who produced some demanding but superb routines. In brief yet another very good show well worth seeing when you are in Kiev.
Working...
X