X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The voice - anton kopytin

Ukrainian IDP turned The Voice star tells his success story
    UT UKRAINE TODAY (must see video) Nov. 19, 2015

Through his charity concerts Anton Kopytin helps people who fled war-torn eastern Ukrainian regions

On Ukraine Today's Viewpoint, Volodymyr Solohub is joined by Anton Kopytin, an internally displaced person (IDP) from war-torn east Ukraine who won in a talent-show Holos Krayiny ('The Voice of the Country', a Ukrainian version of the popular The Voice franchise) to discuss the hardships and opportunities of the IDPs.

Answering the question about how his life changed after he had won in the talent show, Anton Kopytin says that the change was radical. He describes his leaving militant-held Donetsk as a "scary movie or a nightmare," and his winning of the talent-show as "a happy dream." Anton also says that thanks to his participation in the show his family now has their own apartment in Kyiv, and through his concerts he can help other IDPs like himself.

Anton and his family left Donetsk last May, when the situation was relatively quiet in the city, and they were planning to return in several weeks' time.

To provide for his wife and two children, Anton "decided to start work hard with my hands to be the builder." Speaking about applying in the talent show, Anton says: "I didn't know do I need this or not. My friends told me: you must go there and you must try. When it started I didn't believe in this, I didn't believe in my winning and in myself. People, who were near, believed in much more than me."

When asked whether Anton's IPD status helped him in winning the show, he says: "I think it really helped, because people who gave their voices for me told me about that. My story was close for them."

Anton also helps the IDPs. He is planning to perform for a second time in a number of charity concerts during a US tour.

Addressing to all Ukrainian people from east Ukraine to encourage them, Anton said that every one of them "must have a dream. They must believe in themselves. War or not war, they must strive to achieve their dreams and do everything for their families to be happy."

Ukrainian IDP turned The Voice star tells his success story - watch on - uatoday.tv

æ, !

Hannia - Hania - Mighthelp
Working...
X