No announcement yet.

Famous Ukrainian People

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today in church we had service dedicated to the victims of great Ukrainian famine. And afterwards people who actually survived though that told their stories, that was so dipressing. They said that all nations have their monuments for bad moments in their nation's history except Ukraine. We have one small monument dedicated to the famine at Kiev at Mihailovsky sobor, it's so small and modest that people never even notice it...
    Ne ostavliaj na zavtra to chto mozhno sdelat' poslezavtra!
    Don't put away something for tomorrow if you can do it the day after...
    Mark Twain or Ben Frainklin.

Comment

I hope that you can see me with my L plates on. Driving into Ukrain.com with no knoweledge at all. I still have none after all this time, but that's just me.

Having said that I am going there one day - and I'll make up my own mind...

I expect to be impressed. Here it looks a bit sad. Had I not travelled before I might accept the place as depicted here. I wont - I know better!
      Everyone hears what you say. Friends listen to what you say. Best friends
      listen to what you don't say.

Comment

Phil, it's just like you see in National Geographic: Everybody wears these cute peasant costumes all day, the men all shave their heads except for a topknot and have big mustaches and carry long swords...
        Vanya

Comment

Phil, it's just like you see in National Geographic: Everybody wears these cute peasant costumes all day, the men all shave their heads except for a topknot and have big mustaches and carry long swords...
          Vanya

Comment

Greetings John,
            What got you so ticked off at REX? I can not find any posting from him that I would consider as denegrating. As a fellow Texan,
            I feel that I have to come to his deffense. Without the TEXANS, Spanish would be the
            legal language in the USA. COMPRANDE?
            It's time that you cut him some slack. One more thing, if me and my family wind up in jail because of all the rumors you are spreading about us being smuglers, you better be ready to come and get us out.
            Im a good mood tonight.

Comment

John,

that's right. I came to the same conclusion the other day when I was hoping to work on my kangaroo

Comment

Holy Cow, I read back through this, and it was BILL who said, "Ha-ha, I knew this would be s short subject." Sorry, Rex! Okay, Bill, if the word gets to Ukraine ahead of you that you suggested that the topic "famous Ukrainians" would be a short one, you'll have to use that stash in your hat to bribe the guards just to get into the country! Boy!

Phil, which part of your 'roo was broken?
                Vanya

Comment

So, do any of you people know this book "Motrya"? I liked it so much, that nevertheless it was long and hard to read I want to read it again and again.
                  And if you didn't read it yet, read it! Next time I will remember to put the author's name in.

Comment

Yeah Yulia!!! I read this book and I liked it so much. By the way, the name Motrya itself reminds me wonderful character from the book calls "Kaydasheva sim'a". what a book! Pure Ukrainian life in village with all it,s uniquness. Did you read it?

Comment

The spinal cord probably

Comment

Hello Ruslana, are you happen to be a singer by any chanse? Well, I'm glad at least one person on this board reads something worth reading. And of course I've read "Kaidasheva Sim'a"
                        Where do you live though?

Comment

Ruslana, "Kaidasheva sim´ia" is a good description of life in the family, but not only Ukrain... It is great! If you are merried, you know about what I speak.

Comment

Hi Yulia,What a guess. I am Ruslana - girl of the spring.(singer in the past mussical shcool). The diffrence between me and her is that she lives in Ukraine, L'viv and I live in United States.

Comment

Working...
                            X