Each of us has a story to tell.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zhenya
    started a topic Each of us has a story to tell.

Each of us has a story to tell.

Hello, people.
    It's been awhile since I posted anything on these boards. Many of of new members may not remember me. The "Vodka or everything else" topic is sadly gone.

So here's a deal. Last saturday we had a party, got really drunk, recieved 2 speeding tickets in one night (one for $138 and one for $185), went to a different party, drank some more, met bunch of new people. Long story short, we had something to remember and to tell our grandkids about. And it wasn't even our gratest party.

So, my point is, that mostly everybody on this board must have a drunken story to tell. Was there something extraordinary that you did? Something that you wouldn't normally do if you weren't drunk? Any cops involved? Touch of criminalism, or simply crazy? Or maybe somebody was just very, very, very-very drunk.

Here is an easy question: what was the most alcohol you've ever consumed in one night? And how drunk you were after that?

Reply.... and my regards.

Yours trully Zhenya.

• kyli
    replied
    I really enjoyed reading these interested stories guys. Zhenya..!! You opened here an interested topic my friend. While once my friend was drunk and he he was getting scared from a cat. According to his imagination that was turned into a big fat lion. LOL we all were laughing and he was crying, I can never forget those moments.

Leave a comment:

• V-G
    replied
    I am not an expert, but I sincerely hope that the picture is fake (Photoshop or something like that). It is too scary to be the real thing.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Whoa!!!!!!!!

His pet might eat him ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• V-G
    replied
    Originally posted by Zhenya View Post
    Skinner, you suck.
    You destroyed the whole spirit of my message. Stop being so boring and start living, will ya?

Regards...
    I think Zhenya was doing this:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    A few of my friends drink and drive quite often. I don't really mind because they have a remarkable ability to drive while under the influence. Anyways, I can't even begin to think of the most amount I've had to drink in one night, or the most ridiculous thing that happened afterward, but at the moment I can think of the time I beat up a bouncer at some would-be bar/club for next to nothing and then jumped on cars in the parking lot. That was pretty dumb, I admit. I can't wait until I go to Ukraine and Russia. I'll probably end up drinking more vodka than water.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Zhenya
    Skinner, you suck.
    You destroyed the whole spirit of my message. Stop being so boring and start living, will ya?

Regards...
    This is one of those "destroy the spirit of message" posts so don't read it if you don't want to, but I'd appreciate if you did. So anyway...

About 2 weeks ago a drunk driver lost control of his car and ran into 3 kids that were playing in the driveway of their house. One was killed, two others were badly injured. About 4 days ago another drunk driver hit a car. He escaped from the scene of accident, but 20 minutes after that he lost conrol of his car and ran into a man with three children who were walking on the sidewalk. The 6-year old child was killed, the man and the other two children were seriously injured and may never fully recover. Another drunk driver didn't notice the STOP sign and hit a car: killed himself and the woman who was driving that car.
    These are true stories that happened in MY neighbourhood, on the streets where I drive every day. I just don't want to be killed by an idiot who had a couple of beers at the party and was stupid enough to drive.

I mean think about it, is it really worth taking someone's life away? It's not a situation when you can just say "sorry, won't happen again"... And that guy who killed a 6-year old kid will really "start living" now... in a jail.

Get drunk, but DON'T DRIVE being drunk...

Cheers,
    Miss-V

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Vodka is the best

Vodka is the best to drink when you are with friends ! in my country (Ukraine)
    (help cleaning the soul )
    And I dont like shampaine .
    With vodka there is no fear !
    I never try to be a hero by drinking and driving cause I care about people who is outhere and people with me in a car.
    But I like to drink with friends or just good people
    When I was leaving tree years ago go to New york from my home town Uzhgorod I was very sad I didn't want to leave and so on I got on the traine by mistace I have had Plackart not Cupe section On the way I met Provodnika and he buy us a beer and later vodka so by the end everybody was drunk and even Provodnik
    We cross the border of Russia all drunk.

My point is that drinking help me to travel away from my home town for the first time
    I didn't now what to expect in new york with no friends no close family and I didn't now english at all!
    Vodka help to be fearless at any time sad or hapy

Truly speaking
    EJ

Leave a comment:

• Dekland
    replied
    Interesting stories

Leave a comment:

• Dekland
    replied
    Sweet story
    hehe

Leave a comment:

• Dekland
    replied
    hehehe that is a story indeed Mr. Behemot
    I enjoyed it very much.

I recall an evening of recent memory...

One was of cliff diving at 12:30am somewhere in British Columbia... most of us, thoroughly inebriated. Anyway, back to cliff diving, we were all taking turns trying to outdo each other with flips and spins and other fancy, crazy maneuvers. So it came down to me and another girl- we had outdone everyone else- whoever lost this one had to accept the other's dare. I went first, and executed my drunken concoction of spins and twists.
    And then the girl... the gang judged me the winner- later I realized she probably outdid me, but when it came to dares they knew there was no limit for myself.

As for the dare- streak in the nude from our cliff to the end of a public beach.... usually deserted that time of night. Fairly tame really, it could have been a lot worse. Unbelievably she stripped down and jogged off into the evening, while we were behind half amazed, but still giddy none the less. The kicker is she didn't get 100 feet away when a motion detector lamp went off, exposing the poor girl in all her birthday suit gloriness, to a late night barbeque of thirty somethings on a lackfront property. Oh yeah she was fully exposed, and everyone there had a real GOOD look. She managed a scream and took a beeline for the water.

Funny thing is the girl and I hooked up and spent the rest of that summer together. She did get me back for that one, but that my friends, is another story...

Leave a comment:

• Dekland
    replied
    hello

hi,

I remember this topic from the old days. How ya be doin "Z'

Stardust

Leave a comment:

• Dekland
    replied
    I don't know how many of you are from the U.S. but here in America we don't take to kindly to drunk drivers. When you drink and drive lives can be lost and they are surely very precious lives. Even if you say I don't drink and drive how can you know what you do when you get so drunk you can't remember anything. How do you know if you had fun or not? I was a drinker in college and it is only by my mother's prayers and the grace of God that I am still alive today. Please think before you drink.

Leave a comment:

• Dekland
    replied
    Seize the Flag, Seize the Day

A memory that comes to my mind when I think about the Power of Stolichnaya; it is situated in Amsterdam, the dear hometown I left a year ago to chase Internet Koala's in Australia.

Imagine a small, intimate 23rd birthday celebration on a boat, peacefully floating on a Dutch lake, half an hour outside the Amsterdam canals.
    It was summer, August, soft breeze, the sun was setting, music, friends all around me.. I'm really enjoying it, so does everybody else.
    The only sound coming from the mirror-like lake was the growling now and then of a Waterpolice speedboat. It zigzagged across the lake, like a tipsy duck, to check for drunken sailors on each boat. Fortunately, the halo of happiness glowing around my boat saved me from a fine. Because yes, I already enjoyed a bottle of Chardonnay...
    Are you still with me?
    After some time, the sun had set; my friends opened the first Stolichnaya. Their magnificent toasts made Behemot purr of joy... We decided to start the engine and head for the city. There were about 25 people on the boat, which is just about the maximum it can handle, designed as it is for 6 passengers. But you know, when you're having fun, nothing really matters. Some people enjoyed sitting on the roof, others on the deck. Some were talking in the kitchen, as it should be, and others where hiding in the little bedroom. And Behemot was steering the boat.
    Singing, drinking, the warm evening breeze, it was almost as beautiful as an evening in Kiev can be in May, when the 'kashtani'(the chestnut trees) are in bloom and the girls walk in elegant dresses over the boulevards. Ahhh!
    To cut the story short, many bottles of vodka further, we arrived in the old centre of Amsterdam. There, on the right side of the Central Station, lies a beautiful old ship. It's an exact replica of the 'Amsterdam', the infamous 18th century ship, used by the United East Indies Company to sail the seas and conquer the world in the times that Holland was a great seafaring nation.
    The ship had been rebuilt to give us, 'Amsterdammers', the proud feeling that we have more than just dope to offer the visitors of our great city.
    That night, this ship definitely impressed us. It was brightly lit from all sides, majestic, docked next to the pier of the Maritime Museum and we, drunken pirates, on our small, overloaded motor yacht, gazed at it with admiring, dazzled eyes...
    Who came up with the idea, I don't know, but all of a sudden Behemot was docking the boat next to this huge ship, in order to conquer it. As moths we were hypnotized by the bright lights. This ship, with its many cannons, is an echo of the real ship 'The Amsterdam', a Dutch East Indiaman built in 1748, that ran aground on January 26, 1749 near Hastings shortly after leaving Texel on her maiden voyage en-route to Indonesia. Almost immediately she sank into the soft mud and sand of the beach, which curtailed contemporary salvage and ensured that the hull and its contents were well preserved.
    Behemot, the illustrious 'captain' of our bunch of very happy, drunken sailors among which the girls were actually braver than many of my male friends, started climbing the side of the ship first.
    Soon everybody tried to conquer this floating Mount Everest. Standing on the deck, Behemot came to his senses for a minute. I looked around, saw the cannons, the lanterns, the thick ropes and felt as in Roman Polanski's movie 'Pirates'! The city was dark, people were asleep, just my jolly gang was cheerfully attacking the floating Dutch Pride. And with success. We were on board.
    Well, as some drunk wise men once said: 'if you do wrong, better go all the way'... All the way? One look at the Dutch Flag, up there high, high in top of the 'Crow's Nest' was enough.
    Behemot and a friend started climbing, higher and higher, our eyes focused on the flag in top. We didn't pay attention to the screaming of the pirates down below and continued climbing for a long, long time. A cold breeze made me shiver, in spite of all the vodka.
    I still don't believe we were doing this. We must have been nuts! We kept climbing until there was nothing else than the wind, the full moon and the clouds. At the top, there were no ropes left to hold on to. A wooden vertical extension of the mast, not designed for climbing and very slippery kept the flag outside our reach. There was no means way of getting closer to the flag except by embracing suicidal bravery. The last effort of the 'Amsterdam' to protect its banner against pirates.
    I looked around and saw the old city of Amsterdam in all its glory! Something everyone has to see at least once in his life! Beautiful! ...and frightening. All of a sudden I start to panic; what are we doing...?! Enough, Behemot...! We clamb higher... my heart was bouncing in my chest like there was no tomorrow... The next crazy moment Behemot clawed at the flag. I reached it, I touched the rough texture, it felt like something from another dimension. I embraced the Holy Grail!
    By the way, kids, don't try this at home. Grabbing a flag with one hand, while your legs are tightly clamped around a big wooden stick, while your other hand tries to hold on to it: it's not easy. The opening scene of Mission Impossible 2 comes pretty close. Anyway, it took ages to detach our nation's proud banner. We did it though and Behemot descended with the flag. It was covering my whole body. Everybody was cheering and congratulating me, except for a security guard with a funny looking lapdog who walked towards the ship on the pier to see what disturbed the peace and quiet on this historic vessel. The dog grew suspicious. While the guard was clumsily climbing the Amsterdam, everybody quickly left the ship on the other side. As he appeared on deck, only two friends and me remained, admiring the view, breathing in some fresh air. Why we were still on board? As captain Behemot, I obviously had to rescue women and children first! (At least the flag was hidden in my boat). Everybody was in and on my boat, silently laughing. Some ten meters higher on the deck of the big ship, the guard asked us what we were doing. We replied 'strolling' and he urged us to come with him. So we did. We obediently deserted off the ship, stood on the pier and we all started walking, the little lapdog barking at us from a safe distance, to Guard's office at the Maritime Museum. Then we whispered to each other, very lucid -- was it the vodka or the sudden urge for Freedom -- 1....2....3!!!!! and we jointly jumped in the cold canal! Swimming for our lives! The lapdog passionately barking from the pier, the guard, flabbergasted, scratching his head. 'Where can these guys possibly swim to??!! There's only water out there!' Wrong. Long live my good old boat.
    The tipsy crowd started cheering when they saw us appear, three wet heads in the dark water, swimming around the big antique ship. Someone started the engine on my ship, the soaked captain was dragged on board, dried his whiskers and tail, and off we went, fast as lightning, heading towards the end of the night! A bottle of vodka to celebrate! What a journey, WHAT A FLAG, what a story!

The next day I woke up in my bed at home, sneezing, covered with an enormous flag and hangover.
    Our bold capture was all over the local news.
    'Flag removed from The Amsterdam'!

When I read the newspaper article, it appeared that, attached to the mast there was a little chord that, when you pulled it, could get the flag down in less then a minute, easily, without risking one's life.

I decided to stop drinking for a week.
    How stupid can you be?
    'But then again, how much fun did we have!!,' whispered Behemot.

Is there a conclusion to be drawn from this story? Maybe about Pepsi, maybe about the Russian Soul? 'Why live life the easy, boring way if you can enjoy it to the Max?!'

Let me know.

Yours sincerely,

Behemot

P.S.
    Now, two years later, in joyful warm Sydney, my present home, a perfect replica of the famous 17th century Dutch ship the 'Batavia' has been towed into the harbor. On the morning of the fourth of June 1629, the ship was wrecked on the Houtman Abrolhos, off the coast of Western Australia.
    What a view.....

[Edited by Behemot on 15th February 2001 at 15:14]

Leave a comment:

• Dekland
    replied
    In my dear, puritan U.S. it's 21.
    Of course, it does not mean that one has to wait that long!!! I do not think that anyone does( visit University dorms for ex. ), but...It just makes life much easier. I mean getting into the night clubs...or just buying a stupid bottle of wine for the dinner.

P.S.
    I do not know why the law is set up to be that way. I guess because of the same old drunk-driving!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X