Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Витаю вас всьих добрих Укра╖нц╕в р╕дною мовою.
    В╕д Карпат╕в до Кавказу - Слава Укра╖нь╕

Comment

Originally posted by Neward Thelman View Post
      Витаю вас всьих...
      Nice try, but should be "в╕таю вас вс╕х."

Comment

Originally posted by ex-nyer View Post
        Nice try, but should be "в╕таю вас вс╕х."
        I appreciate your corrections.

It's been years and years since I've attempted to write anything in Ukrainian. After converting my keyboard to Ukrainian, to took me 20 minutes just to type that one short sentence.

Concerning the word "bcix", perhaps it's a question of regional pronunciation? I pronuounce the word with a 'mnahkiy znak' sound on the "c", as in "sheee".

I any case, I hope someone's corrected the many, many grammatical errors in Volodyia's starter post. His heart's in the right place, and I applaud him, but his Ukrainian seems poor. Is he from the USA or Canada? English as a first language? Even the title of the thread, "Ukrainskoyu" - Ukrainsokoyu what? I think he might've intended "Ukrainskoyu Movoyu", but "Po Ukrainskih" would've been better.

Finally, I wish I could've typed all of this ridnoyu movoyu, but that would've taken hours, and not a good idea to do in the office. But, I'll be practicing.

Best regards.

Comment

...Concerning the word "bcix", perhaps it's a question of regional pronunciation? I pronuounce the word with a 'mnahkiy znak' sound on the "c", as in "sheee"...
          Everyone pronounces it that way, but the vowel "i" following "softenable" consonents softens them without the need for the added "ь." For example, "н╕" (no), not "нь╕."

...I think he might've intended "Ukrainskoyu Movoyu", but "Po Ukrainskih" would've been better..
          Better for someone used to hearing Galician Ukrainian as spoken in the diaspora post-WWII (which would apply to me as well, BTW). Current usage is "укра╖нською."

...Finally, I wish I could've typed all of this ridnoyu movoyu, but that would've taken hours, and not a good idea to do in the office. But, I'll be practicing...
          Sincere best wishes for success in your efforts.

Вибачаю читачам -- знаю що тут не м╕сце чужомовно писати.

Comment

It's been years and years since I've attempted to write anything in Ukrainian. After converting my keyboard to Ukrainian, to took me 20 minutes just to type that one short sentence.
            Хочу порадити цю веб-сайт. Нею можна писати укра╖нською мовою, але англ╕йськими буквами. Для тих що переважно пишуть англ╕йською, це на багато швидше бо не треба шукати букви на клав╕атур╕.

UA Translit - Ukrainian Transliteration and Spell Checker

See whats been posted in the past day.

Contact forum moderators here.

Comment

дьакою

велика допомога.

Comment

Working...
              X