Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Travel & Tourism > Travel Tips

Notices

UK visa for work

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 7th March 2013, 15:10

Hugo Luca is on a distinguished road
UK visa for work

Hello)

My girlfriend had been issued a visa into Britain - we did the work & got the visa.
We want to stay together & be able for her to work & bring in an income in the United Kingdom.
So we need a work visa for her ... So she can work & also have more independance.
What would be the best options for this to happen?

1 i know is to be invited to work
2 get a student visa & study & work part time

Like i said we have a tourist visa & have been together in UK 3 times owwith this visa. What do you recommend

Thank you
Old 8th March 2013, 07:43

yudjin
Working visa for UK

Hello there,

> 1 i know is to be invited to work
> 2 get a student visa & study & work part time
> What would be the best options for this to happen?
Two above are good, but really the best option for her would be if you marry her. When she gets UK sitezenship she wouldn't have any restriction for job.
Old 9th March 2013, 13:17

Gotno Gizmo is on a distinguished road
Conditions of Entry into the UK

Hi Luca,
Unless I have misunderstood you, your girlfriend has obtained a student visa for entry into the UK, and intends to try and gain work whilst she is there. It is my belief that holders of student visas are not legally entitled to gain work. Those seeking employment require a valid work visa. I know that some students do work between studies, however the British Government recently requested the UK Border Agency to examine the student visa situation and to control it more vigour. The UK BA has closed down or suspended the right for issue to those educational establishments that are not controlling their students activities, to ensure that they are in compliance of the students visa requirements. I think that if a student is discovered working the prospects of that "student" ever gaining any form of future UK visa would be prejudiced.

Many people who wish to work illegally are exploited by bosses who pay workers a lower than norm rate of pay, and often cheat their workers of much of their pay by illegal "fines and stoppages". Affordable accommodation is also a huge problem now in the UK. Many young foreigners are forced into multiple dwellings with several people sharing one bedroom, toilet/shower and kitchen. Within a 100 kilometre radius of London a one bedroomed apartment with a low standard of decoration and amenities could cost as much as £700 GBP (8370 UAH) each month.

I am British, and when I go back there, I see growing unemployment, homelessness and increasing unhappiness. The biggest growth industry is the development of charitable soup kitchens to feed the hungry. If you think this is propeganda, then go there and find out for yourself! Personally, I'm happier in Lugansk, although I have to admit that I am not dependent on the local economy to for my income.
Old 12th March 2013, 14:53

Hello.

My girlfriend has a tourist visa at the moment. & later once the tourist visa finishes then we were going to look to get a work visa.
Thanks for the update on the student visa, it is interesting.
I myself am self dependant & British. Ukraine i like & have only been around Kiev over a year. I will venture further a field in the future i'm sure around UKR.
Now my ideas are to open options for both my girlfriend & self.
I wonder, is it possible to open a work visa ... Or attempt to open a work visa, while you have a tourist visa issued in your UKR passport?
Old 12th March 2013, 16:01

O yes & for interest ... My girlfriend tells me it will take 5 years before you can work if a UKR gets married in Britain. She is thinking she would only have the right to live in the country, but not work in the country?
I think if someone got married they would be able to work & after 5 years thenget citizenship for Britain ...
Old 13th March 2013, 11:20

Gotno Gizmo is on a distinguished road
Not always easy to marry foreign bride in UK

From what I now read and hear, I believe that getting married to a non EU citizen is not so easy as it once was in the UK. I have heard that the British authorities have made marriage within the UK to a foreign person more complicated, perhaps to stop young women particularly, marrying to get right to stay within the UK and then promptly divorcing their husbands. I believe that statistically this is a known situation, especially with young women coming from the former soviet countries.

If you are minded that you want to marry your girlfriend, you should start researching now all of the necessary legal procedures, and the the conditions that you must fulfill, to be a creditable applicant. You should ensure that your girlfriend will bring to the UK,ALL of the necessary documentation in order to present to the UK authorities for a marriage application.

If she is required to return to Ukraine to get further documentation, she will have used up her tourist visa. She would then have to apply for another UK entry visa for the purpose of marriage. She would have to endure an "interview" at the British Embassy that would be similar to an interrogation. The Embassy official would want to satisfy himself that your "fiancee" was in an established loving relationship, and not a marriage of convenience. Total time you have spent together, how you came to meet (preferably not internet), how you communicate together (language problems?), things you like to do together, her hopes and wishes for your future together.

If the couple have spent little time together, and there is a significant age difference between the couple. If the British applicant does not have a background of ongoing employment (he should earn no less than £22,000 PA if living in the south east of England). If the British applicant does not have his own home, or has not rented a home for several years, all of the above will go against the applicant's success.

If you are unable to marry your girlfriend within the UK, your only remaining option is to marry her within Ukraine, but that will be problematic for you. Even if you do successfully marry her within the Ukraine, it is no guarantee that the British migration authorities will allow your wife an entry visa, if they had any misgivings about her at any British Embassy interview.

Good luck!
Old 22nd April 2013, 17:30

Tommy Lock is on a distinguished road
Hi Hugo, first congratulations on the visa.

I wonder if you would mind at all sharing with me how the process went for you?

I am in a similar situation, i'm a UK citizen and my girl friend is also from the Ukraine, although currently working and living in Poland.

I have taken the first steps, by writing a letter of invitation and sponsorship. With proof of my income and tenancy agreement. But we are currently at a standstill as the Ukraine will confiscate her passport for two months if she returns to the Ukr to submit her application for a visitors visa (preventing her from returning to work in Krakow.

Any advise or real life experiences would be very greatly appreciated!