Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Society > Politics

Notices

Natalie Jaresko

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28th March 2016, 18:43

Hannia will become famous soon enough
12:21 28.03.2016 INTRFAX-UKRAINE
Groysman says he is ready to lead new reformist government with new parliament coalition

Ukrainian Parliament Speaker Volodymyr Groysman says he is ready to be responsible for the formation of a new government if he has an opportunity to use the support of the coalition in parliament and create the core of the government from reformists.

"I've seen the accumulation of a critical number of problems we'll have to tackle. And I think that the political forces should aware this – [we need to] find a way out of the situation we're in," he said.

Groysman says he has a clear vision which is based on three positions: firstly, it's an action plan, which "must bring the country out of such a situation;" secondly, there should be a strategy of reform, i.e. "the strategic vision of what economic model needs to be built, thirdly, the quality of administration.

"I'm sure should I be given an opportunity to use the support of the real, reformist coalition – if they allow the creation of the core of the government from those people who are ready to conduct real, sincere and transparent reforms, I'm ready to take responsibility," Groysman said in his video address posted on the Facebook page on Monday.

He also says that the current "political week is a key one" for finding the way out of the crisis.
--------------------------
As Speaker of the Rada,
Hroysman had the opportunity to make changes and he didn't. What makes anyone think anything will be different now?

æ, !

Hannia - Hania - Mighthelp

Last edited by Hannia; 28th March 2016 at 19:02.
Old 28th March 2016, 20:38

bkrevel is on a distinguished road
Imho.........

Watching events very closely over the past couple of years.
I pose the following thoughts and comments.....(in no particular order....)

1. Yats is bowing out, it seems gracefully; this does not make sense for a leader of the Maidan. What has he been offered? Why is he not fighting his removal? Don't make sense.

2. Poroshenko promised a lot,,,,but has delivered only crumbs.
I fully supported and had 100% faith in him. Friends and relatives in Ukraine said he will just be like Yanuk. I said no....wait,,,he will bring meaningful change. I was wrong,,,they were right.

3. Jaresko is also leaving, after doing her best, but I think finally throwing her hands up in disgust.

4. The supreme court judges still sit and rule,,,,after they ALL have been proven to be corrupt in rulings and taking of bribes. ( A huge failure of Poroshenko)

These comments are very pessimistic. But the facts are facts.
Nothing has really changed,,,,if anything corruption has increased, as Yanuks hand is not involved, and corrupt 'entepreneurs' are taking full advantage. So sad.

I still have faith in the Ukrainian people,,,,,it is just going to take longer, than we , the diaspora, think it should take.

Another Maidan 2.0,,,,,another rout of an ineffective govt,,,another step the people must do in order to achieve rule of law and accountabitlity. Maybe after a half dozen or so Maidans,,,,the message will get through to the oligarchs and thousands of crooked beaurocrats,,,,that Ukraine belongs to the people,,,,,,and not to the ruling/governing crooked politicians/cops/beaurocrats.

The future of Ukraine lies with the people and their demands. If no effort is made for accountabilty, then Ukraine will forever be at the mercy of a few.

SLAVA UKRAINI!!
Old 29th March 2016, 16:20

New Ukraine Coalition Uncertain After Fatherland Party Demurs
VOICE OF AMERICA SOURCE - REUTERS March 29, 2016 8:23 AM

KYIV—

Ukraine's prospects of forming a new coalition — vital to get IMF loan talks back on track — were thrown into fresh doubt on Tuesday after Yulia Tymoshenko pressed demands as the price of taking her Fatherland Party into an alliance.

Her remarks dampened expectations of an imminent deal to end months of political infighting that have thwarted Western-backed reform efforts, delaying billions of dollars in foreign loans to prop up the war-torn economy.

"If we want to save this parliament... then we have to outline together 10-15 categorical conditions that must be met before the formation of any coalition," Tymoshenko said in parliament.

The demands included scrapping a tax on pension payments and rolling back energy price hikes. The latter is a key reform implemented under Ukraine's bailout program from the International Monetary Fund.

The statement suggested a coalition was far from agreed despite an announcement by Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk's party on Monday of a new alliance with Fatherland and Ukraine's biggest faction, belonging to President Petro Poroshenko.

Tymoshenko's Fatherland is the smallest party in parliament, but support by its 19 lawmakers is enough to give the coalition a majority when added to the 216 MPs from Poroshenko's and Yatsenyuk's factions.

Tymoshenko "is demanding a stack of political laws be voted on before joining the coalition. Everyone has to go back to the drawing-board," a source in Poroshenko's faction said.

The lack of a stable coalition capable of pushing reforms through parliament has derailed talks for a new $1.7 billion loan from the IMF. The Fund has warned that political paralysis is putting the entire $17.5 billion aid program at risk.

Support for Yatsenyuk and his People's Front party has tumbled since he took power after the 2013/2014 Maidan protests.

Parliamentary Speaker Volodymyr Groysman, a 38-year-old former mayor and ally of Poroshenko, has been put forward as a replacement prime minister, but Yatsenyuk has refused to step down until a new coalition agreement is signed.

Anton Gerashchenko, a lawmaker in Yatsenyuk's faction, said the three-party coalition had not been formalized.

"We're prepared to back Groysman [for prime minister], prepared to approve the cabinet and the government program. But the snag is there aren't any documents about this coalition yet," he told Reuters.

The head of Yatsenyuk's party, Maksym Burbak, said they did not expect any final coalition agreement before next week.

Meanwhile parliament approved the resignation of General Prosecutor Viktor Shokin - an ally of Poroshenko.

The United States has repeatedly called for top-to-bottom reform of the general prosecutor's office, which anti-graft campaigners have said plays a key role in protecting vested interests and allowing corrupt practices to flourish.

While Shokin's departure will be welcomed by U.S. officials during Poroshenko's visit to Washington this week, meetings are likely to be overshadowed by the political crisis in Kyiv.

Failure to form a coalition could trigger snap parliamentary elections, but there is no clear deadline as the responsibility for calling the vote lies with Poroshenko.

Critics say elections would delay reforms further and boost support for populist parties who oppose the IMF-backed austerity measures.
New Ukraine Coalition Uncertain After Fatherland Party Demurs

æ, !

Old 2nd April 2016, 04:46

Russian Site Publishes Fake Ukrainian Finance Minister Letter
STOPFAKE.ORG March 29, 2016 - 22:50 News

On March 26 the Russian site Ridus published what it claimed was a letter from Ukrainian Finance Minister Natalie Jaresko to US Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs Victoria Nuland. In the letter Jaresko asks Nuland to help postpone the Dutch referendum on the EU Association Agreement with Ukraine which is planned for April 6.

Ukraine’s Finance Ministry denied it had anything to do with such a letter.

“The information published on the Russian website on March 26 is untrue and the letter seemingly from Finance Minister Jaresko is a fake. The numbering on the letter does not correspond to the format and indexing that the Ministry adheres to in registering all of its correspondence” wrote the Finance Ministry Press service in response to StopFake’s inquiry.

Jaresko published a copy of the fake letter on her social media account with annotations showing its inauthenticity.

“There’s a badly faked letter making the rounds on the Russian internet in which I ask the US to help postpone the referendum in the Netherlands” tweeted Minister Jaresko.

On the eve of the Dutch referendum, a variety of fakes have appeared on the internet. In February a document appeared claiming that Ukraine would try to sabotage the referendum. Earlier fake Azov videos appeared threatening the Dutch with retaliation if they voted against the EU Association Agreement with Ukraine.
-------------------
view letters

æ, !

Old 4th April 2016, 20:32

stepanstas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannia View Post
STOPFAKE.ORG March 29, 2016 - 22:50 News
Reminds me of this: