Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Society > Politics

Notices

Inform napalm about putin’s ultimatum, or “the ss-26 are still laughing”

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 9th February 2015, 21:45

Szary is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMike View Post
Gee do you think that Ukraine might want to have a say so in who they align with and possibly have a say so in their own future?
Alaska Mike, you got me with this comment! People like that professor and amateurs like me are just armchair quarterbacks.

I support Ukraine's independence, I just don't want the US to get drawn into a direct war with Russia.

For what its worth, in 1998 I lived in the US state of Arizona and voted that year for one of Ukraine's best Washington allies - Senator John McCain! I actually voted for that guy.
Old 9th February 2015, 21:52

AkMike is on a distinguished road
MEARSHEIMER needs to spend some time on the ground in order to understand just what is really going on. Surfing for news doesn't make anyone an expert just informed. He's neither IMO.

Retirement sucks! You never get a day off!!!
Old 9th February 2015, 23:36

Compared to the learned ivory tower Professor Mearsheimer, this PRO UKRAINE Ukrainian woman who IS on the ground speaks well for the patriotic but anti-war sentiment that is also present in 2015 Ukraine:

Ukraine Woman from Zaporozhia region Brilliantly Takes down the War and the Draft

Ukraine Woman from Zaporozhia region Brilliantly Takes down the War and the Draft - Safeshare.TV
Old 10th February 2015, 01:36

Hannia will become famous soon enough
Mike.

Take a closer look. Video can be manipulated. Oh me - oh my !

SafeShare.TV - API
=========================================
Zaporizhia might be next??? Sockpuppet is attempting to tell us how Zaporizhians really feel.

Railway blast in Zaporizhya averted
10:50 Feb. 9, 2015 UKRAINE TODAY

Ukrainian State Security Service nabs suspects

Explosions have become part of daily life in the conflict zone in eastern Ukraine. But bombs have also been going off in Kharkiv, Odesa and Zaporizhya regions, targeting military installations and transport infrastructure.

Ukraine's State Security Service, or SBU, have arrested a group would-be bombers in Zaporizhya region after they attached an explosive device to a train track near the city's train station.

SBU agents said Donetsk residents were members of the group, which was coached by Russian military instructors. Explosive devices and would-be targets were discovered during a subsequent search of their flat. Railway blast in Zaporizhya averted - watch on - uatoday.tv

æ, !

Hannia - Hania - Mighthelp

Last edited by Hannia; 10th February 2015 at 02:04.
Old 10th February 2015, 02:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szary View Post
Compared to the learned ivory tower Professor Mearsheimer,

After reading his op-ed I do believe that I'd refrain from calling him 'learned'. But I would agree with the ivory tower, remote and distanced from the subject at hand.

Old 10th February 2015, 04:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannia View Post
[B]Mike. Take a closer look. Video can be manipulated. Oh me - oh my !Zaporizhia might be next??? Sockpuppet is attempting to tell us how Zaporizhians really feel.
Hannia, please do not continue to embarrass yourself with your constant foolish accusations. I don’t understand what your word sockpuppet means, but I'm not Ukrainian so I'm missing something in translation.

Regardless, you know darn well there are thousands of Ukrainian mothers like the Zaporizhia woman in the above posted video, speaking from 'on the ground'. But where are you Hannia? Posting from the safety of some faraway place like Canada? Maybe I don't have the right to speak, but a Zaporizhian mother does. If you actually listen to what she says, she is just as patriotic as you, just coming at it from a different real life perspective. She too wants Ukraine, but she doesn't want to lose her family in the process.

Years ago, English music group Pink Floyd wrote this, which applies so well to President Poroshenko: "Forward he cried from the rear and the front ranks died. And the general sat and the lines on the map moved from side to side."

So dear Hannia, do you believe that west Ukrainian Ruslan Kotsaba is a, what do you call it, as sockpuppet too?

Not everyone answering Ukraine's call to mobilize for war

The arrest of an Ivano-Frankivsk journalist whose campaign against general mobilization has highlighted the problems that Ukraine has been having in getting its men to fight in the war against Russia. On Feb. 8, Ruslan Kotsaba, a vocal campaigner against the military draft, was arrested in a courtroom in him home town in western Ukraine. In his recent video address to President Petro Poroshenko, Kotsaba claimed he would rather spend up to five years in jail for refusal of being drafted to the army than start killing his “fellow citizens who live in the east.”

Not everyone answering Ukraine's call to mobilize for war

Ukraine arrests journalist after call to dodge draft

Ruslan Kotsaba — a television journalist from the western region of Ivano-Frankivsk — was ordered held in custody for 60 days pending investigations. “I would prefer to go to prison than to participate in this fratricidal war,” Kotsaba said.

Ukraine arrests journalist after call to dodge draft | The Japan Times

Register of military mobilization dodgers to be drawn up in Ukraine

A single register of citizens subject to conscription, including those dodging mobilization, is being drawn up in Ukraine, said Oleksandr Pravdyvets, chief of the mobilization division of the Ukrainian General Staff's Mobilization Department.

Military: Register of military mobilization dodgers to be drawn up in Ukraine

Bravado, resentment and fear as Ukraine calls men to war

In a Facebook post he later deleted, presidential adviser Yuri Biryukov said a significant proportion of conscripts in western Ukrainian regions had not turned up. "According to unofficial sources, hostels and motels in border regions of neighboring Romania are completely filled with draft dodgers," newspaper Ukrainskaya Pravda quoted the deleted post as saying.

Bravado, resentment and fear as Ukraine calls men to war | Reuters

Raising Odessa Protests against Mobilisation in Ukraine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifmBoJ9AxNA

Mass protests held by Ivano-Frankivsk families of men drafted into Ukrainian army

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHxA01Str2s
Old 10th February 2015, 04:24

But despite your links I know for a fact that most of UA is united against Russian invasion. Yes there are some of the young that want the freedom but are afraid to help pay the price for it.

I can't understand her rants simply because she speaks so quickly for me. I assume that you understood her. I'll get my wife to watch and paraphrase it for me later.

Have you ever been to any part of the FSU?