Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Society > Politics

Notices

Yatsenyuk versus Poroshenko

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24th February 2015, 23:29

GoodLuckUkraine is on a distinguished road
Ok, so I would have prefered 7,500 or even 750, but 75 is still a very positive, if long overdue, start:

UK stuns Europe by sending troops to Ukraine

The United Kingdom stunned officials across Europe with a unilateral announcement that it would send 75 troops to Ukraine within the month to train the country's embattled forces in four skill sets – infantry, intelligence, logistics and medical.

​UK stuns Europe by sending troops to Ukraine

I really hope this move encourages other nations to do similar and we can finally start building some proper support for Ukraine.
Old 27th February 2015, 02:59

stepanstas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLuckUkraine View Post
Ok, so I would have prefered 7,500 or even 750, but 75 is still a very positive, if long overdue, start:

UK stuns Europe by sending troops to Ukraine

The United Kingdom stunned officials across Europe with a unilateral announcement that it would send 75 troops to Ukraine within the month to train the country's embattled forces in four skill sets – infantry, intelligence, logistics and medical.

​UK stuns Europe by sending troops to Ukraine

I really hope this move encourages other nations to do similar and we can finally start building some proper support for Ukraine.
This is great, but I wonder if its more of a move for politics. Such a low number and training will take a long time.
Old 28th February 2015, 00:16

GoodLuckUkraine is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by stepanstas View Post
This is great, but I wonder if its more of a move for politics. Such a low number and training will take a long time.
The move is largely for internal political reasons. When Minsk 2 feel apart, David Cameron was heavily criticised in the UK press for not playing a bigger role and consigning Britain to the sidelines.

Elections are due in May so this will be his attempt to show leadership, more hawkish leadership at that, on teh Ukraine crisis.

But regardless of his motives, the move has encouraged Poland to follow so the end result should be a win-win for Cameron and Ukraine.
Old 20th March 2015, 22:18

Neward Thelman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLuckUkraine View Post
This topic reminds me of the desperate and undignified Republican campaign to undermine Obama by claiming he was not an American and not eligible for the presidency.

Eventually he had to produce his birth certificate just to shut them up.
Precisely correct. Amazing how bigots are the same no matter the time or place.

Ukraine and Ukrainians should seperate themselves from any trace of bigotry whatsoever during this critical time. The world has no sympathy for bigots. Ukraine's reputation has already been clouded by the accusation of fascism, cynically employed by Putin and his lieutenants.

Don't give them more ammunition.
Old 20th March 2015, 23:19

Neward Thelman is on a distinguished road
Ukraine NEEDS American Involvement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkach View Post
I couldn't care less for an idiom typo miscue?

There's lots of evidence illustrating American intervention but, if one chooses to place one's head in the sand, then of course, nothing exists. It's just routine. I found evidence or at least, allegations of some (Jewish) organizations and/or individuals insisting that Yats is Jewish. I'm not sure why anyone would do that. Take it for what you will. Care or not care. I was just showing information that disputed Hannia's claims. That's all. It's that simple.

I think what is most important is that this new regime is not improving Ukraine's situation. I think most Ukrainians (exception: most here, probably) will ultimately conclude that this new administration doesn't have their best interests at heart. Is it because they are inept, corrupt, loyal to U.S./(and anyone else?) hegemony or just plain crooks like the last ones (new boss, same as the old boss - just a polished image to start with), who knows. They can try to hide it with foreigners or say an American flag on a building doesn't mean anything. The facts are, there is very little reform and they want to engage in more fighting in a conflict they won't win. So, it's just throwing away people's lives and causing more harm to innocent civilians.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!UKRAINE NEEDS US INVOLVMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How the hell do you think Ukraine's going to prevail against Russia? All by itself? Really?

Americans don't know Ukrainian history; they don't understand the Ukrainian-Russian dynamics; and most really don't care. Ukraine's just some distant part of the world, and after the Afghanistan/Iraq conflict, still on-going and flaring up, we just don't need or want another entanglement. No small number of Americans are ever alert to alleged secret operations allegedly conducted by the federal government - in secret - for, again, allegedly nefarious reasons. So, I get our American fear of the US fomenting revolution or engaging in interference in the politics of foreign nations.

But - come on! Ukrainians? Ukrainians in Ukraine, repeating the same conspiracy X-File BS? "...Covert American involvement in Ukraine...An American flag displayed on a building in Kiev..."

Who gives a crap? Let the USA involve itself in Ukraine.

UKRAINE NEEDS THE USA!

You wish you had American involvement. Putin's sorry ass would knocked half way to China by now.

If America had sent a full contingent of weapons, along with a division or two of ground forces and some decent air force carpet bombing, Ukrainians would be drinking champagne in Crimea right now, celebrating its triumphant return to Ukraine.

Sheesh. It's a simple idea, self-evident idea.

Last edited by Neward Thelman; 21st March 2015 at 04:37.