Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Society > Politics

Notices

Yatsenyuk versus Poroshenko

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 7th January 2015, 18:43

Hannia will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLuckUkraine View Post
This topic reminds me of the desperate and undignified Republican campaign to undermine Obama by claiming he was not an American and not eligible for the presidency.

Eventually he had to produce his birth certificate just to shut them up.
Happy New Year GoodLuckUkraine !

This whole thread should be renamed "Just A Little Yellow Journalism" and submitted by Szary and Tkach to Laugh Central sub-forum.

It is hysterically funny stuff.

æ, !

Hannia - Hania - Mighthelp
Old 7th January 2015, 20:47

AkMike is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMike View Post
How much 'ground time' do you have to be so informed?

Once again.. Is this another evade and ignore to a simple question?

Retirement sucks! You never get a day off!!!
Old 7th January 2015, 21:18

GoodLuckUkraine is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkach View Post
I couldn't care less for an idiom typo miscue?
Much better

Quote:
There's lots of evidence illustrating American intervention
Yes, there is, and EU intervention. Both have encouraged, propped up and defended (with Russian sanctions) the government in Kiev. Poroshenko and Yatsenyuk are arguably in the positions they are largely because of EU and US involvement - and their English language skills. I wouldn't dispute any of that but I would point out that BOTH came top in the last election and so do have the backing of the Ukrainian people. Perhaps neither won an overall majority, but the western policies they stand for do indeed have overwhelming majority support.

I'd still say though that EU and US intention is still primarily to support Ukraine in its transition from being a hive of corruption and the second poorest European country into a prosperous free market democracy - something the majority of Ukrainians obviously want.

Naturally, to those in Ukraine who don't want that and would rather join Putin's Union of Subservient Dictatorships, the EU and US are inflicting harm - but even then, its not harm resulting in death - only one country has been fueling the war in the East right from the start.

I'm reminded of a quote attributed to Henry Ford:

"If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always get what you’ve always got."

Most in Ukraine, judging by the results of the last election, no longer want what they always got and that is why they wish to break away from Russia. Makes sense to me.

Quote:
The facts are, there is very little reform and they want to engage in more fighting in a conflict they won't win. So, it's just throwing away people's lives and causing more harm to innocent civilians.
The reforms I have read about are substantial and are bound to take a long time to implement as they will be met with resistance at every level. But however long they take to implement, they will take even longer to actually do anyone any good. Patience my friend

Take a look at the other countries that have been through this transition - none of them did so overnight and all of them suffered hardships along the way. It cannot have been easy for any of them to transform economic and political systems that had been in place for generations.

As for wishing to wage war, I'm sure many in Kiev would happily decorate the borders of Donbas with dead Russians if they could - but they can't because the West has refused to hand them the tools to do so. We saw what happened last time Kiev caught a glimpse of victory - Putin has even stated he will not allow Kiev to win militarily...whilst at the same time denying he's supporting the rebels and denying he invaded last time.

Anyway, I haven't read a single article reporting any offensive by the Ukrainian army since Putin's invasion - I have recently read about the rebels of Luhansk starting to fight & kill each other so perhaps if we sit tight, Kiev might get a chunk of territory back without having to do much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Szary View Post
The Royal Family's Russian connections - Telegraph

This is clearly a diabolical Kremlin scheme to invade England, to save the ethnic Russians there
And all this time, I thought Liz 2 was German!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannia View Post
Happy New Year GoodLuckUkraine !

This whole thread should be renamed "Just A Little Yellow Journalism" and submitted by Szary and Tkach to Laugh Central sub-forum.

It is hysterically funny stuff.[/B]
Happy New Year to you also.

I suppose it is funny in a way - but I do worry that the constant bad-mouthing of the West and/or Western activity (or lack thereof) can only spread disillusionment and widespread disillusionment might sap what little energy ordinary Ukrainians have to stay the course. This is just the beginning of a long and very difficult journey that will face constant attempts at sabotage from inside and outside Ukraine :/

The easiest option has always been just to obey orders from Moscow and I'd hate to see Ukraine give in and condemn yet another generation to the same old mess.
Old 7th January 2015, 21:24

AkMike is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLuckUkraine View Post
Much better
The easiest option has always been just to obey orders from Moscow and I'd hate to see Ukraine give in and condemn yet another generation to the same old mess.
Very Good!

X1000

Retirement sucks! You never get a day off!!!
Old 9th January 2015, 05:23

dobko has a spectacular aura aboutdobko has a spectacular aura aboutdobko has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMike View Post
Very Good!

X1000
Agreed, excellent even!

Slava Ukraini
Old 9th January 2015, 14:43

Hannia will become famous soon enough
15:40 09.01.2015 INTERFAX-UKRAINE
Yatseniuk says he heard in Berlin a clear signal of further support for Ukraine

The European Union and, in particular, Germany have given Ukraine a clear signal of further support, Ukrainian Prime Minister Arseniy Yatseniuk has said.

"It's very important that our year started with strong support by our Western partners. Separately, I would like to note a joint government trip to Germany, where German Chancellor Angela Merkel, as the leader of a key EU country, gave a clear signal that Ukraine is not alone, that it will get help, and that the key tasks for Europe are to help Ukraine stabilize the economic situation and establish peace in the country," he said, while opening a government meeting in Kyiv on Friday.

Yatseniuk recalled that on January 8, the European Commission adopted the decision on the possibility of allocating EUR 1.8 billion in macro-financial assistance to Ukraine and that Germany decided to provide loan guarantees of $500 million for the rebuilding of Donbas.

As reported, Yatseniuk headed the government delegation during its visit to Berlin on January 7-8. Yatseniuk says he heard in Berlin a clear signal of further support for Ukraine

æ, !

Hannia - Hania - Mighthelp
Old 24th February 2015, 14:58

Gotno Gizmo is on a distinguished road
Yatsenyuk suspends tax agency

Igor Bilous, the head of Ukraine's tax collection agency and two of his deputies have been suspended amid an investigation into financial corruption:-
Yatsenyuk suspends tax agency head amid corruption accusations