Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Society > Politics

Notices

What Ukrainians think about Pilsudski`s idea about Intermarium (new Commonwealth) ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 4th September 2014, 15:22

Tacitus is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavrilo View Post
New Commonwealth can`t forget Lusatian Serbs. These people must bee free. Its our people

Due to solidarity with our brothers in agony, i transfer this info >>> Against German cultural genocide on Lusatian Serbs >>>

Situation of Sorbs in Germany

Projekat Rastko - Luzica / Project Rastko - Lusatia

Slava!

Slavija Mati! Sarmatija Besmrtna!

There is a very simple explantion for this. As you perhaps know, Germany is suffering from low birth rates, which is especially noticeable East which used to be the GDR. Additionally a lot of people have left East Germany in order to live in Western Germany, thus a lot of towns with Sorbian roots have decrased in size since 1990

(Bautzen: previously 50.000, now 40.000; Hoyerswerda: previously 65.000, now 35.000; Cottbus: previously 125.000, now 99.000; Weißwasser: previously 35.000, now 18.000; Source: Wikipedia)

So naturally with fewer children, and fewer tax payers, there is an incentive to close schools which are no longer needed or affordable. Because the government is forced to cut their spending due to the Debt Crisis, with the cultural spending unfortunaly the first one to go ( a lot of theaters have e.g. been forced to close down recently).

There is unfortunately nothing you can do about this decline.

Last edited by Tacitus; 4th September 2014 at 15:28. Reason: Added more examples
Old 26th September 2014, 16:51

CleanSweep is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davor View Post
In other words Gavrilo proposes another form of USSR.
Perhaps you misunderstand the meaning of a Commonwealth?

I wonder what the LITPOLUKBRIG agreement offers in regard to an intermarium'?
Old 6th January 2016, 23:22

Gavrilo is on a distinguished road
Before i say anything to contribute to this thread, let me first salute my Ukrainian brothers and sisters. Marry Christmas to all who celebrate. Also, all the best to all who already celebrated Christmas in December. Happy New Year!

Not that cold tonight, here in Serbia. Regards to all from Novi Sad

So, what i want to tell you is that it warms my heart when see that newly elected Polish president understand necessity of people from Baltic to Balkan and Ukraine. New Polish president Duda took on itself to work on establishment of Intermarium, as he himself confirmed.

Great news, truly great.

Intermarium Alliance – Will the idea become reality?

12.08.2015 | 17:45 / . Urbanskaya, . Honcharov

Intermarium Alliance – Will the idea become reality? : UNIAN news

few quotations from the article >
Quote:
Hot discussions have erupted on social networks around the century-old idea put forward by Jozef Pilsudski, president of Poland at the time, of establishing the Intermarium Confederation.
Quote:
"I am considering the idea of ​​creating a partnership bloc stretching from the Baltic to the Black and the Adriatic seas. The state is strong when it is surrounded by allies - is also an element of increasing strength,” said newly elected President of Poland Andrzej Duda last week in an interview with Polska Agencja Prasowa.

Actually, ​​Miedzymorze, which means "Intersea" or "Between-seas," later rendered into Latin as "Intermarium”, was an idea, pursued after World War I by Polish leader Jozef Pilsudski, for a (con)federation, under Poland's aegis of Central and Eastern European States. The ambitious plan provided that the confederation of states would be a successor to the multinational and multicultural traditions of the former Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, a re-creation of a Superpower, which would unite countries between the Baltic, the Adriatic and the Black Sea, allowing them to avoid the dominance of Germany, or (at the time) Russia.
Old 6th January 2016, 23:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davor View Post
Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth idea Is popular among Serbs!!!

You Serbs always had stupid ideas.
Did we?

Look what says new Polish president Duda. He looks forward to establish Intermarium. We Serbians were military elite of the first Commonwealth and we founded that concept in our time have potential. Intermarium is based on Commonwealth and looks far better and more desirable then European Union.
Old 7th January 2016, 13:00

Pontius is on a distinguished road
His idea of Intermarium is hugely different from what Piłsudski offered. Thankfully.
Old 7th January 2016, 20:14

GoodLuckUkraine is on a distinguished road
The new Polish president is a backward looking nutjob - but at least he has no love for Russia so that's something.

I think this Utopian Slavic Union/Commonwealth idea you have Gavrilo, will only ever exist in your head.

You're clearly a passionate, patriotic and proud Serb and there is nothing wrong with that, but I have great trouble understanding how such a tiny country can increase its influence from outside the EU let alone form some sort of rival bloc. Surely it would be better for Serbia to join the EU and work with these other countries from within.

I'm absolutely with you on the sovereignty issues and I agree fully that the EU has become something that looks far too much like a superstate. That is not something anyone in the UK wants to see and it's the reason why we are renegotiating and holding a referendum.

Any country in the EU who feels that its sovereignty is not adequately respected by Brussels should ally themselves with David Cameron and work together on a better deal for everyone, not just the UK.

David Cameron and probably the majority of the UK would much rather see us remain in a more relaxed EU that dictates less and respects the independence of its members to run their own affairs - working together as a union when it makes sense, such as streamlining the single market to facilitate trade, business & economic growth and negotiating global issues with the US, Russia, China etc.

Pretty much everything else should be left to individual states to sort out for themselves. Democracy should be moved as close to the people as possible, not away from them to Brussels. This is why many in Britain, and in other countries, are not happy with the status quo.
Old 9th January 2016, 22:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontius View Post
His idea of Intermarium is hugely different from what Piłsudski offered. Thankfully.
We can talk about it, i agree.

Essentially, Intermarium as idea comes from the founders of Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. Basically, credit for idea goes to old Polish Jagiellon dynasty.

Then, Adam Jerzy Czartoryski advocated restoration of Commonwealth. Pilusdski continued to work on idea. i think that he was first to use exact word Intermarium (Międzymorze) and he gave his contribution to the concept.

What many people don`t know is that original idea for Yugoslavia coming from Adam Jerzy Czartoryski which suggested unity of South Slavs around Serbia. At that time, Polish and Serbian elite combined effort, among else, to fight against Russian dictate within the Slavic world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLuckUkraine View Post
The new Polish president is a backward looking nutjob - but at least he has no love for Russia so that's something.
i think that you mistaking here. Right now Polish president Duda fights great battle for Poland`s independence and sovereignty. Same those from western Europe that insisted on maiden in Ukraine now wants maiden in Poland. Why? Among else, to keep controlling Poland. But, same as Russia already, they would learn that it isn`t possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLuckUkraine View Post
I think this Utopian Slavic Union/Commonwealth idea you have Gavrilo, will only ever exist in your head.
Good joke. idea is old. Older then myself. Events and political mega trends suggests that idea just got wings.