Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Society > Politics

Notices

What now?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 4th March 2014, 21:04

Hannia will become famous soon enough
The US still has two economic options, but whether Washington will want to really squeeze the Russians is another story. Both options are extreme and could easily create a collapse of the Russian Federation. The Banks can be closed to the Federation and the Americans w/their Saudi friends can flood the mkt w/oil and bring the price of oil all the way down. The Saudis hate the Russians for the support of Assad.

The Russian Federation would implode, just like the Soviet Union did.

æ, !

Hannia - Hania - Mighthelp
Old 5th March 2014, 02:37

stepanstas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex-nyer View Post
Exactly the same logic that Putin is using. I wonder whether the US would appreciate Russia extending this logic to Brighton Beach (not that the US doesn't have its own hypocrisy to answer for).
I think if any of the TV networks want the next big show that everyone will watch, they should get a Russian translator and film these people in Brighton Beach. The tales they spread and the fact that every single one of them knows exactly whats going on (at least in their own brain). For instance, did you know that the protesters were financed by Canada? (And for those of you who don't know anything about Brighton Beach, I'm being sarcastic). These are the very same people who were happy when the USA was attacked on 9/11. Not all of them of course, not even most of them. But I still think they would make for a great TV show.
Old 5th March 2014, 02:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannia View Post

And then Georgia can get back South Ossetia and Abkhazia. I am glad people are paying more attention with Ukraine, but unfortunately for the wrong reasons.

You were right all along Hannia. What Putin's next actions will be, nobody knows, but Russia sure felt the pain so far and pulled back a bit. But if the global powers slip up, they won't leave Crimea. We can't let this turn into status quo, this is not normal.
Old 5th March 2014, 04:02

Inga Ukraine is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannia View Post

Hannia, I think this will happen. I hope. It will be even better for Russians themselves.
Old 5th March 2014, 09:30

Darco is on a distinguished road
Unfortunately decision to stop conflict is up to Putin who is responsible for death of many people.
This is nothing good but it is still possible to stop it.
Another possibility can be war for half of Europe and Asia (especially when US withdraw their forces from Afghanistan and Pakistan).
Putin doesn't see that. He is exactly like Hitler in 1938.

Regarding your question "once Ukraine starts fighting back, will anyone help it?", I think that Poles are willing to have alliance with Ukraine due to few reasons. First is that Russia is a danger for ages. Second is that Poland wants to be strong enough to be safe. Third is that for more than 10 centries Ukrainians are where they are and you are not a danger for us. Also coexistence wasn't bad beside few bad periods in the history.
Completely different situation is related to Russia. This country many times used to be the worst danger for Poland and IS THE WORST DANGER FOR POLAND NOW.
Problem is that nobody wants and nobody can start alliance now, with Ukraine problems related to Russia.
We have really good and prosperitive situation in the NATO and EU and continuous economic growth since ~1993. The only economic problem is dept (as it is a problem for decades).
Our politicians aren't good people but it seems now to be heaven comparing with everything east from the EU.
There is also another (maybe even more important) problem. This problem is Obama's decision to resign from anti-missile shield to protect Europe from rackets/missiles launched from Russia.
Poland doesn't want to became atomic desert for sure.
That's why Poland can't support Ukraine neither military nor economically.
That's also why Poland tries to support Ukraine politically.
Stronger support can be done only by US and EU.
US could support Ukraine both military and economically and EU could support Ukraine economically and geopolitically.
THEIRS SUPPORT IS TO BE OR NOT TO BE FOR UKRAINE NOW.
Old 5th March 2014, 09:35

Darco is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inga Ukraine View Post
Hannia, I think this will happen. I hope. It will be even better for Russians themselves.
I can't understand one thing.
They could be just a democratic country with economic growth and stable situation.
It was possible for most of Central Europe, many countries could to do it and they also can.
Question is rather either Russia wants it.
Considering how many times Putin was elected as a president I really doubt it.
Russia just prefers war, crime and death rather than peace and prosperity.
Old 6th March 2014, 01:26

I agree with you Darco. Poland has always stood strong with Ukraine. But they can't just decide to go in and help defend Ukraine alone. The only thing they could do is threaten to go in alone and hope people follow. Regretfully most of the EU is too concerned about their own economy vs what is really going on.

Just because the situation appears to have calmed down doesn't mean anything. Foreign troops have still invaded another nation completely unprovoked. This is a violation of international law. So much for the Budapest agreement that seems to be worth nothing. The situation is not stable and Ukraine's equiptment is getting damaged in the process.

Tags
crimea krym war