Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Society > Politics

Notices

"Smart Money" rule of Governments

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19th November 2010, 08:27

Gotno Gizmo is on a distinguished road
"Smart Money" rule of Governments

I don't know how much media coverage you guys are seeing about the current Republic of Ireland situation, but it's becoming very clear who is getting a firmer hold over the running of individual governments. It's not the elected politicians of these countries anymore, it's the international money markets. The Forex and Government bond holding division of the "Smart Money". Global oligarchy has driven the markets through outwitting these politicians, that have caused countries like Greece, Portugal, Spain, Iceland and Ireland to get their economies into such a position that they are now open to the harmful wrath that that the markets can impart. Eurozone countries are especially vulnerable because pressure on one Eurozone country, means pressure upon the others also.

The Irish Prime Minister has repeatedly said that they had enough funding to last into next year. But the "markets" have said otherwise underming Ireland's credit rating and putting up the costs of borrowing money from a perceived poor debtor. Ireland will now be forced to go to the EU and IMF without delay and the interest rate for borrowing within Euroland will increase. Who is the beneficary of this situation, the "smart money" of course.

If only leading governments had the balls to unite against the "smart money". If the USA, Russia, EU, Japan, India, Australia etc etc would agree to combine their forces against "off shore" tax havens like Switzerland, Leichtestein, Cayman Islands, Mauritius etc etc, then it could be revealed who owns the billions of ill gotten gainsand how/ where it is coming from. If they do not do this soon, their cosy little environments will be slowly upturned as new poltical formations will result (for better or for worse) in the turmoil that must surely follow.
Old 19th November 2010, 14:46
bm-21Lemko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotno Gizmo View Post
I don't know how much media coverage you guys are seeing about the current Republic of Ireland situation, but it's becoming very clear who is getting a firmer hold over the running of individual governments. It's not the elected politicians of these countries anymore, it's the international money markets. The Forex and Government bond holding division of the "Smart Money". Global oligarchy has driven the markets through outwitting these politicians, that have caused countries like Greece, Portugal, Spain, Iceland and Ireland to get their economies into such a position that they are now open to the harmful wrath that that the markets can impart. Eurozone countries are especially vulnerable because pressure on one Eurozone country, means pressure upon the others also.

The Irish Prime Minister has repeatedly said that they had enough funding to last into next year. But the "markets" have said otherwise underming Ireland's credit rating and putting up the costs of borrowing money from a perceived poor debtor. Ireland will now be forced to go to the EU and IMF without delay and the interest rate for borrowing within Euroland will increase. Who is the beneficary of this situation, the "smart money" of course.

If only leading governments had the balls to unite against the "smart money". If the USA, Russia, EU, Japan, India, Australia etc etc would agree to combine their forces against "off shore" tax havens like Switzerland, Leichtestein, Cayman Islands, Mauritius etc etc, then it could be revealed who owns the billions of ill gotten gainsand how/ where it is coming from. If they do not do this soon, their cosy little environments will be slowly upturned as new poltical formations will result (for better or for worse) in the turmoil that must surely follow.

Not much media coverage here besides the internet. I agree that euro countries whose enconomies are not so good are straining the rest of European Union. Not sure about the other countries but a huge reason that Greece's economy is in the tank is because of this global recession. Their economy is heavily based on tourism and well no one has money to go visit in the same numbers as before.

So where is the majority of Ireland's expenditures going to put it in a situation like this?

I completely agree with you on your last paragraph. The U.S. and other nations should do more when it comes to countries like Switzerland or the Cayman Islands. Another problem with these countries is that they impede the international community. They don't help with tracking terrorist accounts and futhermore provide no help to the international community while they sit on stacks of money.
Old 19th November 2010, 18:05

sjoyce is on a distinguished road
I saw on an American documentary show that Dick Cheney had offshore accounts for Haliburton, so he could continue working in the middle east, while the U.S. was at war with some of those countries.
Old 19th November 2010, 21:58
bm-21Lemko

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjoyce View Post
I saw on an American documentary show that Dick Cheney had offshore accounts for Haliburton, so he could continue working in the middle east, while the U.S. was at war with some of those countries.
Yeah I bet. He didn't seem so shady in the beginning of Bush's first term but after his second term.....well its quite obvious now. Especially Halliburton and the cement job on that rig. That was a big reality of need for government regulation and the bad effects from greedy Capitalism.
Old 20th November 2010, 05:04

AkMike is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjoyce View Post
Almost every large company has 'offshore' accounts. It's alot easier to spend the local money via checks w/o waiting 6 months for the checks to arrive in the mail. Bank to bank transfers take several days also.

" Government Motors" and Ford have offshore companys as well as local accounts to enable them to do business. Can you image the workers on the assembly line at Zaparoezhe, Ua waiting for checks from Detroit?
It's not always sinister.
Old 20th November 2010, 05:34
bm-21Lemko

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMike View Post
Almost every large company has 'offshore' accounts. It's alot easier to spend the local money via checks w/o waiting 6 months for the checks to arrive in the mail. Bank to bank transfers take several days also.

" Government Motors" and Ford have offshore companys as well as local accounts to enable them to do business. Can you image the workers on the assembly line at Zaparoezhe, Ua waiting for checks from Detroit?
It's not always sinister.

good point. I didnt even think of that.
Old 20th November 2010, 07:14

AkMike is on a distinguished road
Heck my wife and I have a small "offshore account" in Ukraine. We're far from evil taxdodgers! It's just convenient. Same thing but more so for companys that work around the world. I'm sure that the guys on the assembly lines like having their wage checks there on Friday.