Notices

"Smart Money" rule of Governments

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 7th December 2010, 18:33

Gotno Gizmo is on a distinguished road
I do post about Ukraine

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMike View Post
Why not worry more about the general theme of this forum? Ukraine!

Your posts seldom have anything to do with that.

Post about Yushenko, Yannokovich. Timesenko and such.Tell of the mafia tie in with UKO construction company or the flower girls in the bazzar.
But I do have many posts related to Ukraine on this website, but my inability to understand Ukrainian or Russian, coupled with my limited experience here, restricts me to talking only about what I fully understand to be correct rather than hearsay. I have also said before on this site, that my life experience as a visitor in any other country is not to severely criticise that government if you wish to stay on, or return again to that country without reprisals. I do however post criticism and comment from other sources concerning the current Ukraine political scene, that may or may not have my full support or understanding.
Old 9th December 2010, 20:54

Greeks against Bank Oligarchy

A group of Greek activists are trying to bring criminal prosecutions against international bankers for alledged dubious and manipulative activities that they claim caused the short selling of Greek government bonds precipitating the demise of the Greek economy earlier this year. They say that these banking institutions, which are mostly based in New York and London, have enriched themselves at the expense of the Greek people. They also claim that the same tactics have been used more recently against the Irish bond system causing the same result in Ireland.

Unfortunately most of the informative detail is in the Greek language but much of the front page content is in English. There website URL is :-
stopspeculators.gr
Old 10th December 2010, 05:36

AkMike is on a distinguished road
Of course there no possibility that the silly sods in politics there overspent what their countries could afford? Just like the Obamanations that are in control of D.C.!!!

Now they're trying to pass the buck off and blame anyone else but themselves.
Old 9th January 2011, 14:46

Governments have no control

Several European governments, including the British government have enacted austerity measures requiring their working class citizens to curb pay rises, or even take a wage cut, along with reduced pension rights etc.
The British government has requested that the big city bankers also reduce their salary and bonus payouts. However, the banks are unlikely to adhere to the government's requests on the basis that the people concerned must be adequately renumerated for their skills otherwise they may take their "wealth creating expertise" elsewhere.

It was only two years ago that many of these banks were being bailed out by the various taxpayers to stop them from going bust. So much for their wealth creating expertise!
I think this situation clearly exposes the weakness of governments to act against the forces of mult-national business oligarchy.

See:- BBC News - Bank bonuses 'to run to billions in 2011'

Last edited by Gotno Gizmo; 9th January 2011 at 14:48. Reason: Typing error
Old 15th January 2011, 14:05

British stirring against "Smart Money" tax avoidance!

There is a growth of website creation in Britain against the multinational mega corporations, who's off shore banking, tax avoiding business activities are being made known to internet surfers and to those relatively small number of Guardian newspaper readers. The majority of the oligarchy owned popular press and media are of course saying little about this.

This is backlash to the Conservative/ Liberal Democratic government (now known as the ConDems) who recently announced that they are out to squash the social benefit claimants who are costing the state much cash. Whilst it's recognised by all that there are a number of "scroungers" within the system, most claimants are genine and that the amount of money being lost through false claiming is not equal to the billions of Pounds Sterling being taken out of the government's coffers through "smart money" tax avoidance.

Local protest groups have formed to carry out demonstrations outside of those banks, retail stores, mobile telephone companies and any other business premises where tax avoidance is being cited. Although the early surprise demos were successful, as the protest groups are using Facebook or Twitter to organise themselves, the authorities are now monitoring them. Increasingly when they arrive at a demo location, they are confronted by the Police and/or an army of private security. Their demo's are thwarted and there is no reporting by the BBC or other media whatsover.

Please see this imaginative and entertaining piece by one such protest group.

Shop a Scrounger on Vimeo
Old 15th January 2011, 15:03

AkMike is on a distinguished road
Conservative/ Liberal",,, LMAO Now that's an oxymoron if ever there was one!
Old 17th January 2011, 22:24

Tax the Bankers

As the bankers seem able to pay themselves vulgar amounts of salary and bonuses whilst almost everyone else is being asked to economise, there is a growing unhappiness about their behaviour, within the UK and other countries. Here's a little humerous video clip to illustrate this, do you recognise the British film actor?

Robin Hood Tax | Robin Hood Tax