Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Society > Politics

Notices

Chocolate, the story of our future?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 5th March 2011, 22:44
Quarantined User

nickcsadler has a spectacular aura aboutnickcsadler has a spectacular aura aboutnickcsadler has a spectacular aura about
Who is he "ragging" on??? if I understand this term correctly it is you who is "ragging"... and as this post does involve Ukraine can you please explain your complaint??? and before you argue that there is no Ukrainian involvement I ask you again to read Gotnos` post on 17th November 2010 @ 09:59.
Old 6th March 2011, 20:15

AkMike is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotno Gizmo View Post
The jobs will be filled with the people from the Ukraine who will be openly exploited. This would amount to modern day slave labour.[/B]
The origional topic and most of the posts had nothing to do with Ukraine. 1 minor mention doesn't make it belong in this area IMO.

On most forums, (although Kathy has said that there are no such rules here) the thread is move to the appropriate area when it's this far off the topic. Either tyhat or the mods/admin will split the thead to keep it on topic.

Your first post this thread says that you are in total agreement with GG against all things capitolistic.. LOL I suppose that makes it perfectly fine as far as you're concerned. The thread about clothing retailers in England backs this statement up also.
Hardly an impartial opinion to be dunning me about fairly standard practices.

All I suggest is to make the forum 'cleaner' by keeping things in order so others and I can easily guess which topics are garbage and skip reading them.
Old 7th March 2011, 10:43

Gotno Gizmo is on a distinguished road
Stop seeing reds under the bed

AkMike,
If you look at my new non Ukraine subject threads you will notice that I am putting them in the open box. However, I do have some previously established threads and to maintain continuity I'm attaching the new post to them so the subject doesn't become fragmented.

On the subject of my posts being "against all things capitolistic", that's not true. I worked all my life in small businesses and recognise the employment and financial benefit they bring into the economy. What I despise is the multi-national corporations that acquire businesses, asset strip them, usually closing the business down in the host country and transferring the production to a cheap labour economy whilst continuing to market much as before in the host country. Surely you can see this going on in your own country?

The above activity is creating unemployment and losing taxes within the host country and this situation coupled to the ongoing financial crisis is seriously damaging our economies. I do agree with you that many government employed people are inept. They enter government service for a secure life and good pension plan. The really clever people are the guys that you admire, who go into big business. They outwit law makers and tax adminstrators at every turn. I look around my country and can see the devastating impact this is making on the UK and other economies, and the fact that I am old and have only a few years left is almost a relief.
Old 1st April 2011, 11:03

Child Labour Exploitation

Continuing the saga of the agressive and controversial multi-national trading corporation Nestle;
It would appear that they not only seek to operate in those countries where they can utilise cheap labour, but they are closing their eyes to child labour exploitatation at the cocoa plantations:-

WRS | Trade union says Nestlé ducking child labor issue on cocoa farms
Old 1st September 2011, 13:24

BlueandGold is on a distinguished road
Smile Chocolate Cake

Enjoy your chocolate cake! Don't think.
And whatever you do, don't ask any questions.

One Ukraine
One Hetman
One bowl of Borsch
Old 29th October 2011, 12:56

Made by Nestle or Kraft- Don't buy it!

A guy named Joerg Weishaupt has written on a blog about the disatisfaction that so many people have with unethical companies like Nestle and Kraft foods. It's nice to know I'm not alone in my views about these exploitative companies:-

Welcome to the biggest social media/PR disaster yet. This one is a DOOZER. Food giant Nestle, who is currently under pressure from environmentalists raging about deforestation and palm oil, became the subject of a swelling (and still growing) storm of user comments and attacks via Twitter and especially Facebook. The cause? Operators of the Facebook page took a hostile approach to consumers/critics who were targeting the company for poor environmental practices relating to the use of Palm oil and deforestation issues.
This is the type of incident that destroys a company. When 20 years ago it took several years to reach 50 million viewers, we are now hitting those numbers easily with the speed of the net and the way data travels in much shorter periods. Companies used to fear word of mouth because of the damage it could do. Customers wouldn’t complain to the company but instead to their friends..and the story gets repeated, and you lose dozens of customers or more. Nestle is now fighting it on a global scale as hundreds (likely even thousands or more) of users are pumping their fists in opposition to the food corporation for their supposed poor business practices, questionable ethics and alleged disregard for the environment.
So you’re not sure how it all started? It’s really not important when you look at it from a social media/rep management perspective. Other blogs are running down the information super highway trying to explain the reason why people are outraged. It doesn’t matter why they are outraged, it just matters that they are and these people are lashing out on a global scale against Nestle.
Just about every company has a facebook fanpage, and most companies either hire a PR firm or use someone internally (or several people) to make updates to their social media. Unfortunately, the individual(s) responsible for updating the fanpage for Nestle weren’t able to hold their tongue. They mixed personal stance and personality into a corporate identity – and that’s when the fuse was lit.
Old 29th October 2011, 17:57

AkMike is on a distinguished road
Has Nestles suddenly moved their corporate headquarters to Ukraine?