Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Society > Politics

Notices

USA - Losing its Global Influence

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average. Display Modes
Old 4th November 2010, 07:49

Gotno Gizmo is on a distinguished road
The Revised Bush Biography!

I will not be buying George Bush's biography, as I shall not buy Tony Blair's either (although this guy was superior in intellect and charisma). I have my own potted version of the Bush years in office, and what I believe he should be saying in his book if is to be a more honest account of his Presidency:-

I give thanks to the American system of politics that enabled me to campaign as a Presidential candidate through having “big money” financial sponsorship and support. This enabled me to be a successful candidate, not because of my intellect and capabilities for the job, but by so many powerful people pulling strings for me. Of course being the son of a former US President also gave me undeserved credence.

In the beginning of my office I found public speaking most difficult and said some silly things especially when I tried to make an off the cuff remark, to which I had no speech writer or rehearsal. I also had great difficulty remembering the names of a visiting dignitaries, the country they came from, and from which continent of the globe. But then I didn’t do well at geography at school and mathematics wasn’t my best subject either, so I tended to leave all this financial economy stuff to others. My brain power had already diminished somewhat for my age, probably due to it being pickled from my earlier alcoholism.

I supported my sponsors by forcing through laws that enabled them to be less regulated. This allowed them to greatly increase their personal fortunes, partly by giving more American workers increased leisure time through the outsourcing of goods production to far flung countries where cheaper labour decreased production costs and increased their profitability.

My sponsors, who in recognition of the benefits my Presidency, worked tirelessly to ensure I would win a second term. A lot of US citizens were realising my limited skills and lack of potential, and didn’t appreciate my desire to embark on lost cause wars regularly. Every aspect of the media and a few “special tricks” were implemented in order to ensure that I could scrape through into a second term.

Towards the end of my second term, the successes of my “big money” sponsors were beginning to take its toll on too many US citizens, and my mates in the banking and hedge fund speculation world had ripped off too many clients and investors for their own good. The whole thing was tumbling like a pack of cards. I had to bail them out, what else could I do. I couldn’t repay them their support to me by putting them in a position where their jobs, bonuses and pension funds would be at stake. I began to realise that everything was screwed up, but then I’d done my two terms in office, so what the hell, I’m out of here!

Last edited by Gotno Gizmo; 4th November 2010 at 07:53. Reason: Typing error
Old 4th November 2010, 19:02

AkMike is on a distinguished road
All of which were confirmed by a democrat lead majority in the house and senate during that period. It was going fairly well til then.
Old 17th November 2010, 20:07

Americans should read this

An interesting article by Peter Morici a professor at the Smith School of Business, University of Maryland School.
Asia Times Online :: China News, China Business News, Taiwan and Hong Kong News and Business.

However, he says:
Markets and democracy are mutually reinforcing. Markets work best when personal freedoms are protected, and democracy best safeguards those liberties. Free markets give individuals a strong interest in securing democracy.

But if society is left unprotected from the from the now extremely powerful forces of unbridled global capitalism an individual's personal freedoms are endangered and democracy is compromised.

Last edited by Gotno Gizmo; 17th November 2010 at 20:15. Reason: Addition of text
Old 17th November 2010, 22:20
bm-21Lemko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotno Gizmo View Post
An interesting article by Peter Morici a professor at the Smith School of Business, University of Maryland School.
Asia Times Online :: China News, China Business News, Taiwan and Hong Kong News and Business.

However, he says:
Markets and democracy are mutually reinforcing. Markets work best when personal freedoms are protected, and democracy best safeguards those liberties. Free markets give individuals a strong interest in securing democracy.

But if society is left unprotected from the from the now extremely powerful forces of unbridled global capitalism an individual's personal freedoms are endangered and democracy is compromised.

Something that we can agree on. Yes if markets have no oversight than personal freedoms can be infringed. However there are very few places where this exist due to government regulation. When the by products of oil production started seeping up from the ground I believe it was in New York placed there from Standard Oil. Well Standard Oil is now defunct due to a government breakup of a monopoly. So the government mandated the clean up by its existing branch off companies such as exxon mobile and a few others. Much like when the government mandates carbon emission reductions to companies.

A government by the people for the people - regulation.
Old 3rd February 2011, 17:29

Back in August of last year I spoke out "Smart Money" intervention and spoke of full oil tankers being anchored off of Britain, reducing supply in an attempt to force up the price of crude oil. I went onto talk about big business contractual claims on foodstuffs.

"Many agricultural wholesale buyers /packers are contracted to supply minimum quantities of best product yields to giant food processing conglomerates, who will get the first claim by reason of their contractual and financial clout.
There will be reduced amount of agricultural products available to smaller trading organisations. More expensive food and meat (dearer animal feed,) must surely be the consequence of a lesser productive harvest season coupled with "smart money" intervention.
Watch your grocery bill rise in the coming weeks!"
Please see:-

CBC News - Money - World food prices at record high: UN

Do you still think "I read comic books" and "live in LaLa Land"?

Rising food prices are also of a matter of serious concern for most Ukrainians where food costs represents a larger and more significant amount of expenditure from income, in comparison to a USA or UK citizen.
The world will become an increasingly unhappy place all the time it's controlled by a global oligarchy.

Last edited by Gotno Gizmo; 3rd February 2011 at 17:44. Reason: Additional text
Old 3rd February 2011, 18:28

AkMike is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotno Gizmo View Post
Do you still think "I read comic books" and "live in LaLa Land"?
Pretty much..

Do you seriously think that every person with a truck garden that sells some produce at the market is in on this global conspiracy aloong with the Illuminati, the Skull and Cross Bones led by the Rockefellers?
The farmers need the evil profits to maike a shilling or two also. Fuel cost them more so they pass it on to the consumer the same as the evil corporations pass on any new costs(taxes ect.) to the consumers. It spirals out of control when the dweebs in government try to control things they have no idea about. Our present government is a prime example of ineptness. The vast majority of the new admin has never been involved in private business.. They came to government straight out of 'LaLa land". It takes real world hands on experience to be able to understand the nuts and bolts of an operation. Acidemia can plant theories all day long but can never fully understand.

Reduce the size of government and the fixed costs will go down and free enterprise will set their own fair prices driven by competition.
Old 4th February 2011, 12:44

A case of myopic vision?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkMike View Post
Pretty much..
Our present government is a prime example of ineptness. The vast majority of the new admin has never been involved in private business.. They came to government straight out of 'LaLa land".
Reduce the size of government and the fixed costs will go down and free enterprise will set their own fair prices driven by competition.
I'm surpised that inspite of my many examples of manipilulative and devious trading and tax avoiding measures taken by large international trading corporations, that you still take a parochial view of business by referring to small producers who have no influence in the setting of their commodity prices, other than what their neighbours (who are in all probability their friends) are prepared to pay them for their goods.

The United Kindom ConDem alliance government is embarking on government (mostly local government) downsizing that you and your mates would surely approve of. The loss of these government workers jobs will undoubtedly mean that instead of them receiving salaries to do something (teachers, poicemen,firemen, social workers, librarians etc), that they will soon be paid for doing nothing, as there are few alternative jobs for them to move into. Although it might be argued that unemployment benefit is much less than their salaries, the social consequence of these actions will prove much more costly to the nation in the longer term.

Now to return to your criticism of your own governments performance. I repeat to you again that your President cannot do anyting of signifcance in your country because like the British Prime Minister and many other western European leaders their actions are constrained by the dictat of inconspicuous global big business. I understand that you see this viewpoint as nothing more than a conspiracy theory, but many millions of people are now realising who actually has the real power base in the world.

You need to look beyond your own cosy environment and examine those companies that own your familiar brand named products. Then you must examine the holding companies that own them, where are their head offices (often offshore) who are the CEO's, what donations do they make to political parties, what media companies do they have an interest in, what position are they in the Forbes Rich List. You then must chart their recent mergers and acquisitions, have they asset stripped these companies and sacked the workers, outsourced production to cheap labour regions etc etc. If you are not prepared to do this you will not have the knowledge to understand the reality of the majority sector of today's big business, and will continue to hold dear these old fashioned virtues of fair minded and honest business where commodity prices are set by supply and demand only.

I'm adding an internet item that illustrates another aspect of price fixing:-

Why do we pay more for certain products than other countries? - б*Investing - MSN Money UK

Last edited by Gotno Gizmo; 4th February 2011 at 13:42. Reason: Additional item