Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Society > Politics

Notices

USA - Losing its Global Influence

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average. Display Modes
Old 14th October 2010, 02:56

AkMike is on a distinguished road
You are living in 'LaLa land' my friend.
You seem to conviently forget that both the house and the senate were controled by liberal democommies during the Bush administration. O'bummer has dug the hole that were'e in and the dirt is still flying. He's taken not good and turned it into terrible for many future generations.
You're stateing facts based on what you're reading somewhere not based on being here in real life and seeing his "salvation" tear down the economy and our way of life. I have a more realistic view of real life in the USA.
You are more qualified for a view of Ukraine and GB but until you live here and see the havoc that he's creating you shouldn't speak of what you don't know.

If O'bummer's the answer, it must have been a stupid question!

Just wait and watch the political change come after the November elections. Even the dems are distanceing them selves from him. No one wants him to show up on their election campains. He's a political pariah.
Old 14th October 2010, 03:07

Also,, Gottno,
I asked you on another thread what sort of visa are you using to stay in Ukraine?
I'd guess that you didn't notice it. I'm planning on retireing there in a few years and will probably get a perm. resident visa. But I wondered if there is something else available.
Old 14th October 2010, 14:46

Gotno Gizmo is on a distinguished road
Response to Ak Mike

"You are living in 'LaLa land' my friend".

The fact that is the totality of your response to the many issues I have raised during the currency of this thread says much about my belief that so many of your citizens are completely blinkered about the reasons why the USA has been on a downward slope over several years.
It will make ittle difference who is voted in next time unless that leadership can guide its citizens away from the consumerism culture that has pushed your state's trade balance into perpetual deficit at the behest of exploitative and manipulative global capitilism. You have a bitter a pill to swallow and if you do not have the guts to take the medicine you will not recover from your condition.

Last edited by Gotno Gizmo; 14th October 2010 at 14:50. Reason: typing error
Old 14th October 2010, 20:57

Zbyszek is on a distinguished road
So glad to see your trace, Kathy!

Greetings Kathy, I have not seen your opinions for ages. I am extremely glad that you posted something, the more so because I do not drop in here too often; life is crazy and grandkids are irresistably cute. I hope all is well with you and your growing family. God bless you.
A little song for you about someone so tiny and fragile...
YouTube - Seweryn Krajewski - Kołysanka Dla Okruszka
Old 15th October 2010, 01:57

Kathy, The gov';t has been spending money like a drunken sailor, but when a sailor runs out of money they stop. The gov't is borrowing at least 40 cents of every dollar they spend for some time. I cannot run my business like that, no one can except the gov't.. It can't continue! Obummer has made a large problem much bigger since he took over. What's the natl. debt now.. 13 trillion? What was it when he took control? The bail outs were a terrific waste of effort.
Old 15th October 2010, 02:47

Notice on these graphs from Wiki how the debt has spiked since 2005-2006 era.
Attached Thumbnails
usa-losing-its-global-influence-514px-usdebt.png  
Old 4th November 2010, 04:03

stepanstas is on a distinguished road
I could not help but smile the entire night yesterday, and I still am. Although not too much luck in my Democratic county, the country as a whole did great. And while I did not much care for politics for most of the Bush years, too young to care, history shows that most, not all, problems started when D took over House and Senate. (Oddly enough, I remember those days, because I remember some Democratic leader thanked Bush and Cheney for wearing blue ties, lol). Let us not forget, the man got reelected, that shows something for his times.

Speaking of which, his book is one of few I actually want to go out and buy.