Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Society > Politics

Notices


USA - Losing its Global Influence

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average. Display Modes
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 17th May 2010, 15:09
Gotno Gizmo Gotno Gizmo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,473
Gotno Gizmo is on a distinguished road
Hello Again AkMak!

Although we are deviating from the original thread subject, I will attempt to respond to your comments as I see it.
The human cost to the all the participants of the first World War made such an impact upon the British that they were minded never to go to war again. They resisted doing so even though Winston Churchill warned them that Adolf Hitler was arming to the teeth. As a result Britain was unprepared when it was forced to declare war on Hitler's regime when it invaded Poland, as Britain was obliged to do under a treaty with Poland. The war left my country almost bankrupt because of it indebtness to the USA for the arms we had to buy from the USA in our own defence, because of unpreparedness.
I was born in 1944 and never saw a candy bar or a banana until I was 9 years old because such luxuries were unavailable unless you were rich. Meanwhile the USA gave much of the British debt repayments to the defeated Germany as part of the Marshal Plan. The British have learned that modern warfare it a "no win situation", even if you are on the winning side.
The British people have noted that countries who haven't indulged in recent wars are noticeably better off, with better social conditions and pensions for its citizens.
The British people have protested against almost every war (except the Falklands) that our "Special Relationship" with the USA has involved us in. Indeed, it is an indictment against our democracy that we are fighting in Afganistan, as I'm confident the majority of Brits don't want our soldiers there. We see it as "another no win situation".

As for why don't other countries consider going to war with Switzerland? That's because it's where all the corrupt poltiiciains (especially Asian and African presidents), along with the tax dodging multi billionaire global oligarchs stash their ill gotten gains in their secret ban accounts.
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 21st May 2010, 19:07
bm-21Lemko
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotno Gizmo View Post
Do not blame President Obama for your country's ills. He has not been in power that long and as you say you want democracy, do you not recognise that Obama was elected by a majority, albeit by a small margin. You must not throw the toys out of the pram because your man didn't win.
Your country has suffered the two terms of the most mediocre administration it has ever know, headed by the most appalling and totally incompetent George Bush. His administration has permitted the Multibillionaire elite (investors / bankers and the like) that I refer to in this thread to run riot and enjoy their finest years of growth. They have doubled their personal wealth and influence thanks to their freind George Bush. They have manipulated the American people through biased press and television. You have been been brainwashed through advertising to buy goods that you could only afford through increased indebtness. To exerbate the problem, too many of these acquired goods were imported, which added to your balance of payments problem. You are now mortgaged to the hilt and living beyond your means. If you country continues as it has done over the last decade itr will go bust. Then you, the basic working American man will feel the pain, whilst the "Smart Money" exits stage left with its secure convertible assets to gated habitats in far flung lands, leaving you to pick up the pieces in will what then be a "has been state".
Please wisen up!
Obama has pledged what every politician has done before they know what the real situation is when taking office and make promises and such. Well now he is in and he has done little to change the economic situation.

The U.S. is not solely to blame since our economy is tied in with other economies and most countries are affected with the exception of Russia
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 21st May 2010, 21:56
Gotno Gizmo Gotno Gizmo is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 1,473
Gotno Gizmo is on a distinguished road
bm21Lemko said:-

bm21Lemko said:-
The U.S. is not solely to blame since our economy is tied in with other economies and most countries are affected with the exception of Russia.

Yes, but please remember that when the US economy sneezes the rest of those lesser economies catches a cold. Western Europe has been financially linked to the USA since the end of WW2.
Europe's banks have been left with many bad debts and dubious investments resulting from the Wall Street fiasco. Western economies have trusted the USD and USA investments.
Russia has never been part of this because of the Cold War and in the post Soviet time struggled alone until it realised that by bringing most of the petroleum and gas revenues under state control it could suceed alone without undue leaning on the "Greenback" Doillar.
What a lovely position to be in!
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 22nd May 2010, 02:39
bm-21Lemko
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotno Gizmo View Post
bm21Lemko said:-
The U.S. is not solely to blame since our economy is tied in with other economies and most countries are affected with the exception of Russia.

Yes, but please remember that when the US economy sneezes the rest of those lesser economies catches a cold. Western Europe has been financially linked to the USA since the end of WW2.
Europe's banks have been left with many bad debts and dubious investments resulting from the Wall Street fiasco. Western economies have trusted the USD and USA investments.
Russia has never been part of this because of the Cold War and in the post Soviet time struggled alone until it realised that by bringing most of the petroleum and gas revenues under state control it could suceed alone without undue leaning on the "Greenback" Doillar.
What a lovely position to be in!
I remember Europe being fine back in 2008 when the U.S. was in a recession. However I'm not sure what the economic downfall was in Europe. I remember back in 2008 that economic issues were occuring with France and Germany in the banking sector. The repercussions were that it would affect the Euro. however I think there a good majority of the service sectors has been affected such as in greece with a decline tourism.


For the U.S. it has been a series of different collapses in investments domestically and globally, credit crunches, and a fall in global markets. You can't pay for something if you dont have the money. A big problem with credits is its not backed by anything.

yes Russia and central Asia operate differently because they have a vast amount of resources they shall be fine. Once Ukraine comes back under the sphere of Russia i think the economy will do better because Russia and rich ukrainians will invest more into the economy. Just like China and Southeast Asia rely on manufacturing.

Now I'm not sure where you live. But what have you seen Obama do with helping the economy? He controls both the majority of the house and the senate. We have had an expansion of government where programs are underesource and pretty much useless. When one of Obamas adivsors made a structure change the stock market dropped several points, there is a clue.
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 22nd May 2010, 04:35
AkMike AkMike is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Alaska
Posts: 918
AkMike is on a distinguished road
[QUOTE=bm-21Lemko;102900]
He controls both the majority of the house and the senate. QUOTE]

At least til November! That'll show what's going to happen for the next presidential election.
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 22nd May 2010, 05:34
bm-21Lemko
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
[QUOTE=AkMike;102902]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bm-21Lemko View Post
He controls both the majority of the house and the senate. QUOTE]

At least til November! That'll show what's going to happen for the next presidential election.
yes very true. Unfortunantly conservatives have taken a beating ever since Arizona passed the new immigration bill. It will be interesting who gets voted in. before I would have said it was easy that obama would not control both the house and senate.

I'm not against liberals, but stop grouping conservatives. Arizona is a single state that make its own choices.

My favorite part about this whole immigration debate is the fact that LA wants to boycott Arizona. Well if they truly do they also have to boycott 20% of electricity Arizona provides and Arizona is eager to cut the power
Reply With Quote
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 22nd May 2010, 06:12
stepanstas stepanstas is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: USA
Posts: 3,147
stepanstas is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotno Gizmo View Post
Yes, but please remember that when the US economy sneezes the rest of those lesser economies catches a cold. Western Europe has been financially linked to the USA since the end of WW2.
In reality Western Europe has gotten as far away from the USD and USA as possible. This is it's problem now. Smaller nations (economically) such as Ukraine can be linked to the USA crisis since that is Ukraine's "back-up" currency. And these "bad investments" with the USA is a complete pile of nonsense. Nobody calls investments bad until they get sour. Then when they do, you blame the manager/country/w/e.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bm-21Lemko View Post
yes very true. Unfortunantly conservatives have taken a beating ever since Arizona passed the new immigration bill. It will be interesting who gets voted in. before I would have said it was easy that obama would not control both the house and senate.
I doubt it. I think in reality more people support the law then the numbers claim. The law is common sense and liberals just found something to play with before the election. Wouldn't be surprised if this is linked to the Tea Party someway in the coming weeks. Speaking of which, I think that will take a bite out of the Republican vote. Too many people may vote for idiot independent candidates.

As before, I turn to Ray Stevens for insight on whats going on.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 14:52.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.0.0 RC4 © 2006, Crawlability, Inc.
You Rated this Thread: