Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Society > Politics

Notices

USA - Losing its Global Influence

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 4.50 average. Display Modes
Old 11th April 2010, 23:41

AkMike is on a distinguished road
As far as carrying firearms in public, FBI stats show that where there is concealed carry permits allowed the violent crime rate is alot lower. Even criminals aren't stupid enough to start something that they may not be able to finish. You are a product of the ridgid frearms laws of England. Pity that you haven't known the enjoyment of shooting. In the last few days I've shot "elephant guns" almost 300 shots. Yes, all at paper and (shock) no one was injured. Many of these were English rifles even.

Like the bumper stickers say, 'When guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns" is true. They don't care about the laws. And right or wrong else they wouldn't be criminals. Guns are a tool! Just like the knife,hammer or wrench. No more No Less. Hammers and wrenches can kill also. It all depends on the person holding them. it all boils down to personal responseability.
Old 12th April 2010, 04:40

stepanstas is on a distinguished road
Reminds me of this funny scene

Old 12th April 2010, 21:50

sjoyce is on a distinguished road
To AKMIKE: You are right. Canada has just gone through a gun farce. Billions of dollars spent on registring guns. So skeet shooters, and all were to register. If you owned an antique gun, you knew it would be smashed, so there also goes history. The gun crimes here have escalated. The billions spent on gun registry would have been better spent on police forces. That is the Liberals for you
Old 13th April 2010, 08:46

`Tis a pity. Although alot of folks I know had a series of boating accidents just before the Canadian registering began. Many firearms fell to the bottom of lakes deep in the wilds of Canada when boats suddenly tipped over. Funny how that happened!

Even if I'm not carrting a legal concealed pistol I feel better knowing that there are others around who are. That's much better than only the criminals haveing the guns.

Back to the origional topic, Yes the USA is rapidly losing their world power much like jolly old England did after they ruled the seas. But if we can get rid of that jackazz in office and dethone the house and senate next november we stand a fair chance to reverse the damage and take strides forward again.
Old 13th April 2010, 13:14

ukieoz is on a distinguished road
LOL! I do not know where to start so The old Yankee boy now belongs to China! Well Yes but it has not been an overnight process much of it started when USA decided to invade Afghanistan and Irak in that order the government was up to the hilt in borrowings so the US moved to privatise the cowboy war so borrowings would not show up in their books and encourage mercenaries to borrow some more on behalf of US government hen you must not forget the near collapse of the greatest capitalist system and its banking system with it (tell me who and where most unsecured loans in the debt markets where made to and on sold to overseas investors as secure loans?).
Is it China the oppressors or the bank rollers of your mistakes?
My fault or the rest of the world faults for your own demise? Oh! I see it's Obama's mistake! after nearly two years of government you getting back on track economically and your health system is more egalitarian. Let me tell you this if I had to operate my wife in the US would had cost me U$D150.000. Thanks God we live in Australia so it was barely AUD$ 5.000 out of pocket thanks to Medicare OK! grant you it was a life saving operation but it was elective too. The outcome would have been disastrous and whe would have dies in extreme pain if an operation had not taken place.

Then again I am sick of US bickering in many boards and political correctness from the US and US point of view.
Why don't we discuss our Ukrainian heritage and political problems?

Thank you
Old 13th April 2010, 17:13

stepanstas is on a distinguished road
ukieoz,

Glad your wife is well now. Please do not take offence to this.

You know what's cool? The library is a free service. You don't have to pay to go to a park. You don't pay to drive around the city streets. If you have an emergency, calling police is also free.

Now lets open our brain, these aren't free services, you just pay for them in another way. Two things for you to consider. 1) The discount you paid for the surgery was no discount. Someone else had to pay for it along with you. Today, your paying for someone else's surgery. 2) The discount is also probably because the doctor was paid less. 1+2=communism:a political theory favoring collectivism in a classless society
Old 16th May 2010, 23:07

Sorry to raise this dead thread but I wanted Gotno Gizmo to look at this and consider "what if" England and France had this mindset 70+ years ago. Things would have been different worldwide now.

Why no one invades Switzerland