Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Personals > Personals

Notices

IF YOU THINK THAT YOU ARE BEING SCAMED ........YOU PROBABLY ARE!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12th November 2003, 20:19

YouAreAnOak
Some of you said to me that I was not trusting this woman because I was asking some basic things, and told me to make up my mind!

I will make this short and sweet!

At the beginning of the year I didn't even know Ukraine was on the map.
Believe me when I say that she seemed to be a sweet and honest woman.
She wrote to me for the first time in May, so after paying for translations and internet access as well as unlimited telephone calls, I decided to go to Ukraine to meet her at the end of August, BECAUSE THAT IS WHEN SHE WAS GOING TO HAVE SOME TIME OFF. After making all the necesary arrangements I get an email one week prior to my trip basically telling me that she was not going to meet me in Ukraine.
"SHE EXPECTED US TO CONTINUE OUR COMMUNICATION/RELATIONSHIP AS IF NOTHING HAD HAPPENED"

I really don't want to go into the details because it is very upsetting to remember the facts.....
Write to me if you want more details.

She goes by the name of Olga and I think that she splits the profits with the travel/translation agency.

I can not believe that some people do this for more that a few months. Sure hope that you don't....

Old 13th November 2003, 04:12

CameoJoey
Sorry Dude...

I am sorry for your experience and the typical basic scam you had to go through. It could have been worse I've heard but you seem intact.
My suggestion is simple in that you go to Russia or Ukraine and meet the people and decide for yourself about things.
If you have any questions about anything on this subjest just ask and I will get it to you or shoot you in the very best direction.

Camster Knows
Old 13th November 2003, 11:59

Kaizer
Hi YouAreAnOak,

Sorry to hear things went wrong for you. The only thing i say is, it could have happened to anyone of us. Don't feel too bad about it because you have learnt something and i know they won't catch you again.

Old 14th November 2003, 21:57

V-G has a spectacular aura aboutV-G has a spectacular aura aboutV-G has a spectacular aura about
Angry Scumbags are everywhere....

Well... I don't want to repeat anybody above... and yet I have to say that what happened to you had two outcomes:
-you learned where Ukraine is (and that it Exists )
-you probably don't like name Olga no more... just make sure you don't pass on prejudiced judgement about Ukrainian women.

... scumbags are everywhere and nowhere in particular

Cheers,
Old 17th November 2003, 08:14
JBNUSA

Find A Svetlana.

And don't send money until you meet her in person.
Old 21st November 2003, 15:23
Quarantined User

nickcsadler has a spectacular aura aboutnickcsadler has a spectacular aura aboutnickcsadler has a spectacular aura about
Hi...sorry to hear about your experience...however I have a much better story that I hope will restore your trust in the human race....I also started e mailing a Ukrainian woman..who coincidentally is also called Olga...and like you we arranged to meet...I didn`t have any fees as she speaks pretty good English...we met in Kiev last December and I guess it was love at first sight...anyway we are now very happily married and we have been back to Mariupol(her home city) and met all the family and friends and I really felt at home and part of the family...so don`t give up...and as someone else has said there really are scumbags everywhere....
Old 21st November 2003, 23:14

V-G has a spectacular aura aboutV-G has a spectacular aura aboutV-G has a spectacular aura about
nickcsadler

Indeed a nice story - funny, how stories like yours can make a complete stranger happy (talking about myself). Congratulatons and hi to Olga .