Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Personals > Personals

Notices

Minimum Monthly needs for a Girl

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17th July 2003, 12:48

sashabaha
Exclamation

A Ukrainian Girl that I know tells me that she needs at least $400USD Four Hundred US Dollars per month to make ends meet.. pay for the house, food, school for her son. That is not much by international standards, but someone was telling me that this is way too high for a woman living in Lviv (not even Kiev). How true is that and how much would she really needs to live a comfortable life?
Old 17th July 2003, 13:48

albatros
you're being scammed, but salaries were discussed before, decide for yourself

http://www.ukraine.com/forums/showth...?threadid=5523

http://www.ukraine.com/forums/showth...?threadid=5973

Old 17th July 2003, 14:57

sashabaha
Thanks Albatros.. I read both links. I can see that 400 is little high.. by the way.. I asked her to come to Paris and she said that the visa will cost here $800USD and that they may ask her to show $1000 in cash to grant her the visa.. does this sound like a scam?!! maybe it is. Is there any way for me to find out how much a visit visa to France might cost? and do they require her to show ticket and cash to give her the visa?
Old 17th July 2003, 15:04

Irene1972
Sorry to say you're being scammed. To make the ends meet she needs less than $100. To live a comfortable life of course she needs more. For $400 she can go out extensively and spend your money on restaurants. My advice to end with her. Such start will nto do you any good. Generalyl, be cuatious about girls complaining about their financial position or directly asking for money no matter how much.
Old 17th July 2003, 15:46

sashabaha

Thanks for reply. I actually had met this girl in person. So at least I know she is not a man!! :-) but I wanted to check on these figures she gave me. They sounded little high.. Any idea about these visa costs? is it difficult for her (or Ukrainians) to get European visas? do these embassies require them to show proof that they have some cash to sustain their trips... this whole thing may not be a scam but an extortion!!! (same!!)
Old 17th July 2003, 16:01

Irene1972
It's extrememly difficutl to get a visa to Western Europe for us. One has to present the reference from work with salary not less than $200, reference about the salary from accountant and statistics department and other documents proving that you do have this job an dit is paid as highly as is indicated in the reference.
Old 17th July 2003, 16:08

albatros
Quote:
Originally posted by sashabaha
.. by the way.. I asked her to come to Paris and she said that the visa will cost here $800USD and that they may ask her to show $1000 in cash to grant her the visa.. does this sound like a scam?!!
Really, this sounds like a scam too. I don't know the rules for a visa on a country by country basis. But i guess a tourist visa would be 100 bucks maximum. As for the $ 1000 cash requirement. Usually it's possible for the host to sign some guarantee document, in which case there would be no cash requirement on her side. They might require her to show a ticket before a visa is issued though.

To know the exact rules, you should inquire with the authorities in your own country.