Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Personals > Personals

Notices

Minimum Monthly needs for a Girl

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23rd July 2003, 01:00

V-G has a spectacular aura aboutV-G has a spectacular aura aboutV-G has a spectacular aura about
Albatros, you are not reading my posts well... but hey, let me tell you something, I tried explaining to you two times - you still think that I am talking nonsense, lets just leave it at that. Anyhow it will be up to Sasha to decide what to do.
Cheers,
Old 23rd July 2003, 01:10

V-G has a spectacular aura aboutV-G has a spectacular aura aboutV-G has a spectacular aura about
Re: $400 is a nice money

Quote:
Originally posted by Zbyszek

V-G, I live not so far from Ivano-Frankivsk (Formerly Stanislavov)
... Ukrainians smile when they get this money from a Polish employer every month and they are ready to work really hard to get it.
First... Ivano-Frankivsk's former name is Stanislav (please, you know you are a Pole and hence tempted to name everything in Ukraine "the Polish Way" but have some respect, it is part of Ukraine and it was called Stanislav).

Second. I agree that there are many poor Ukrainians who are willing to work their a..s off for 400 buks, but that doesn't say anything, I tryed explaining to Albatros that figures on their own mean nothing. If she asked SASHA to send her money - thats a different story, if he asked her a question and she answered with figures off reality - this is not a scam yet!

I don't know of you are following my thoughts, but I'll just try one last time to clarify them.
If a girl in Ukraine asks a foreigner to send her money - she must be a scammer (especially if she claims $400 is just to make ends meet).
If a girl said that she usually needs $400 to make her ends meet, but she doesn't want any money from say SASHA, then how does that make her a scammer? What if she doesn't believe that he will pay for her trip to Paris? What if she is equally scared that Sasha is a scammer and will make her a prostitute when she comes to visit him???
Albatros is 100% sure that he can assign probabilities to everything in life from a sentense or two , I, on the other hand - am not so sure. I believe that there is no way to tell from the few sentenses Sasha wrote about that girl that she is a scammer. YES, you can say that her figures were WRONG, but thats by far the only thing that can be said.
Old 23rd July 2003, 13:48

Zbyszek is on a distinguished road
$400 again

Quote:
Originally posted by V-G
First... Ivano-Frankivsk's former name is Stanislav (please, you know you are a Pole and hence tempted to name everything in Ukraine "the Polish Way" but have some respect, it is part of Ukraine and it was called Stanislav).

Second. I agree that there are many poor Ukrainians who are willing to work their a..s off for 400 buks, but that doesn't say anything, I tryed explaining to Albatros that figures on their own mean nothing. [/B]
V-G, sorry for my historic bent, I think that Stanislaviv could be a Ukrainian name and a Polish one. (Russians call Ivano-Frankivsk as Ivano-Frankovsk) Ivan Franko was a marxist activist and it was the primary reason to rename the town. I respect Franko's bilingual poetry but you know how communists liked to change the names which hurt noone in the past. Katovice was named as Stalinogrod.
For me Franko was OK but I must say I do not like to change names, which existed for centuries, in favour of current political purposes. Stanislaviv/Stanislavov is a very old name and it could be originally a Ukrainian name.
I made no remark on scamming, I only noticed that $ 400 is a lot of money. I respect Ukrainians working hard in Poland, legally or illegally provided their jobs are honest. Sorry if I hurt you. Poland is big enough and I do not want even a square inch of Ukrainian land.
Old 23rd July 2003, 15:19

albatros
final word

Quote:
Originally posted by V-G
Albatros is 100% sure that he can assign probabilities to everything in life from a sentense or two ...
What an untruthful exaggeration of my position VG! I did not say it is (legally) proven the girl is a scammer. All i said was that based on the info given, there is a high probability this particular girl is not sincere, which could be reason for Sasha to ask himself some serious questions.
Quote:
Originally posted by V-G ... YES, you can say that her figures were WRONG, but thats by far the only thing that can be said.[/B]
So now her figures are wrong? Before Zbyszek corrected you, you made a post to show her figures could be right. Talking about blowing up smoke screens.

It's nice you jump into a thread to give your opinion VG, but i find it somewhat disappointing that you resort to intellectual dishonesty trying to save a bad position.

[Edited by albatros on 23rd July 2003 at 17:37]
Old 23rd July 2003, 17:37

Abatros

From a nice and peacefull conversation we are almost at a start of a big fight. I feel that you are reading only part of what I write. Since I don't want to type things again and again for you I suggest that you go back and read my posts for the second time. You will discover that I never clamed her 'figures' were right, I said that there could be a reason why she gave those figures, maybe her perception of "make the ends meet" includes buying new shoes every month and paying a cellphone bill. Education takes a lot too! Anyhow I hope you get my point.

Cheers,
Old 23rd July 2003, 17:46

Zbyszek

I am sorry if I sounded agressive, I didn't mean to. I belive that if Ukraine ever wants to become a 'decent-wage' country it should have tight bonds with Poland as well as with all other neighbours, since trade is very important. But thats the whole new topic.
Bye,
Old 25th July 2003, 14:20

lenire is on a distinguished road
V-G,

Where can I buy a pair of those "ROSE" coloured spectacles you see the world through.

Len