Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Personals > Personals

Notices

Minimum Monthly needs for a Girl

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21st July 2003, 00:04

CameoJoey
Talking Some advice....

HiYa Sash,

I suppose advice is easy to get here and you act as if it's helping you to some degree. I think I shall add some of my experience here.

I met a fine lady from Russia when I visited last trip. She met me at the airport and we had been chatting on the internet for about three months as well as only a few phone conversations.
In the two years we have known each other she has never asked for money and I have sent her 50 dollars on two occasions as a surprise. She works and makes 600 dollars per month so she does very well for Russia.
My initial trip to visit her was a stay of 9 nights and I had the hotel in Moscow set up for her to get into before my arrival. Her train ride was 17 hours to meet me in Moscow and it was needed for her to have a place to stay and rest before I arrived. I brought gifts and nice things for her as well as gave her the 29 dollars it cost her for the train ticket to get to Moscow. I paid her way back home on the train and also gave her extra money as we spent time together.
The whole time together I paid for everything. We ate at our favorite little restaurant everyday while in Moscow because she liked the aquarium with the fish. The average cost for a meal for the both of us was 10-14 dollars and it never seemed to go above that. I tried to take her to a really nice restaurant but she liked the fish place better..lol
The only gift I bought her was a nice purse that cost 19 dollars at a shop in the subway. I tried to buy her things but she politely refused. Every time I cashed a travelers check or broke down a 100 dollar bill for rubles I gave her 30 percent in a way that she would not feel like it was charity. I just kind of slipped it into her hand and smiled in a way that made sure she understood we were having a good time and she needed to take the money as to make me feel better..lol
The night before I came home to Texas I gathered my rubles together and gave them to her and that amounted to 40 dollars or so. I made sure she had enough money as I saved just enough rubles to buy a coffee in the hotel on the way out. I though hard and came up with another fifty dollars to make sure all cabs were paid for and that she had enough money because that was main concern.
She never asked me for anything at all during my trip and we watched the Bolshoi Ballet together and I could see in her eyes that she was truly in another world like myself. My gifts for friends and family were all chosen by her and wrapped carefully in my luggage while I slept. She even bought presents that I was surprised to find later.
My point is simple in that a good and decent woman with pride and working life present will not ask for your money unless it's an emergency or something. This woman (Natalya) will be my wife soon and hopefully she will let me spend some of our money and hopefully spend some herself. Her beauty and charm come from within and money is something she holds onto because it's hard to come by.
If a woman asks you for money then the red flags must go up and also you must wonder what she will ask for next.

CameoJoey
Old 21st July 2003, 16:58

V-G has a spectacular aura aboutV-G has a spectacular aura aboutV-G has a spectacular aura about
Cameo

Oh man, that story you wrote... It's very nice - good luck, I truly hope that this marriage works out well for you! Congratulations, it seems like you met a fine woman!

Old 21st July 2003, 17:45

albatros
ok, my last post about the subject

Quote:
Originally posted by V-G
...But there is another possibility, the girl could just be studying somewhere (as from what I hear, she is), hence she is young and her expenses could be a reflection of her way of life.
VG, you're ignoring the facts as stated by Sasha.
Quote:
A Ukrainian Girl that I know tells me that she needs at least $400USD Four Hundred US Dollars per month to make ends meet.. pay for the house, food, school for her son. Bold by me, Albatros.
So she's not asking for money to live a grand lifestyle. She is asking the equivalent of 3 or 4 times the Ukrainian average salary because she needs the money to make ends meet. This is a lie, whatever way you you look at it.
Quote:
About the visa ... so MYABE this girl just doesn't know the real story for Europe, got it mixed up or something.
Since a tourist visa for W-Europe is about 35-60 Euro, her estimate is outside any reasonable margin of error. It is conceivable she is confused about the requirements for the visa. But the fact that she lied about her needs plus the fact that she claims an exact amount for the visa, does not indicate to me that she deserves the benefit of the doubt.
Quote:
...We don't know enough to say she is a scammer
There is no legal proof maybe. But if we had to decide everything in life on legal proof, we would hardly take a decision at all. Best to rely on common sense. And common sense tells us she's not sincere.
Quote:
so why not let this guy figure it out for himself, having fun meanwhile?
It's never smart to have unrealistic expectations. But if Sasha recognises she is not sincere but decides to see her anyway because he expects he can have "fun" with her, then all the power to him.

[Edited by albatros on 21st July 2003 at 21:49]
Old 21st July 2003, 21:19

lenire is on a distinguished road
Albatros,

Since joining this forum I have read many of your posts.

Its nice at last to find one that I fully agree with.

You other folk, read again Albatros' last post. The voice of reason will win out in the end.

Len
Old 22nd July 2003, 01:47

V-G has a spectacular aura aboutV-G has a spectacular aura aboutV-G has a spectacular aura about
Albatros and Lenire,

you know, you are jumping into conclusions, because when I lived in Ivano-Frankinvsk (next to Lviv for those who don't know) I (by myself) would spend a lot over average salary (I was still in hgh school back then). My sister still lives there, she is a single parent she is getting her second higher education. Trust me, she spends way more than $400 per month and thats just to make ends meet!! There is no luxury yet!! Look Albatros, as I sad before, it's all about the perception of "ends meet".
Now back to the VISA thing... just read my post again - if this girl never travelled abroad and one of her friends just left for the USA she could have assumed that the same price applies for western Europe too.
Here is another possible scenario: her parents always paid for her and she doens't have a clue how much she need to make her ends meet!!!

Man, I could go on and on and on, telling you possible stories that would explain figures ivgen by her, but is there a point???

The real question could be - DID SHE ASK SAHA FOR MONEY, OR JUST TOLD HIM WHAT HER EXPENCES ARE? IS SHE PRESSING ON HIM???

As I said before from the information provided by Sasha we cannot tell if she is a scammer!
He should not go to meet her thinking that she is a scammer when she could just be a regular girl!!! HE WON"T HAVE ANY FUN THAT WAY. HE might as well hire a hooker to entertain him, huh??

Good day guys and girls.
Old 22nd July 2003, 16:58

albatros
Quote:
Originally posted by V-G
Look Albatros, as I sad before, it's all about the perception of "ends meet".
The relevant point of reference here is Ukraine, and not for instance Beverly Hills. Oddly, I can not reconcile your numbers to any discussion we had here on salaries or the standard of living in Ukraine.
Quote:
Here is another possible scenario: her parents always paid for her and she doens't have a clue how much she need to make her ends meet!!! ...Man, I could go on and on and on, telling you possible stories that would explain figures ivgen by her, but is there a point???
You're doing a fine job of bringing up one low-probability scenario after another VG. It doesn't change the odds however. You're behaving a bit like you are the girl's lawyer. That ain't neccessary, the girl is not on trial. We were just trying to save a fellow member some time (and money).

[Edited by albatros on 22nd July 2003 at 19:35]
Old 22nd July 2003, 17:32

Zbyszek is on a distinguished road
$400 is a nice money

Quote:
Originally posted by V-G
Albatros and Lenire,

you know, you are jumping into conclusions, because when I lived in Ivano-Frankinvsk (next to Lviv for those who don't know) I (by myself) would spend a lot over average salary (I was still in hgh school back then). My sister still lives there, she is a single parent she is getting her second higher education. Trust me, she spends way more than $400 per month and thats just to make ends meet!! There is no luxury yet!! Look Albatros, as I sad before, it's all about the perception of "ends meet".
V-G, I live not so far from Ivano-Frankivsk (Formerly Stanislavov) and we have a lot of Ukrainian people working here in Poland. They say 400 hundred bucks is really a lot of money, while some retired people live on 200 hundred hryvnias a month! For that kind of moey you are able to buy the expensive imported goods which are normally hardly available for ordinary people. Even for the Poles who are usually better-off, $ 400 means much (it is roughly almost the average monthly payment in Poland). Ukrainians smile when they get this money from a Polish employer every month and they are ready to work really hard to get it.