Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Personals > Personals

Notices

Minimum Monthly needs for a Girl

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 17th July 2003, 16:14

albatros
Quote:
Originally posted by Irene1972
It's extrememly difficutl to get a visa to Western Europe for us. One has to present the reference from work with salary not less than $200, reference about the salary from accountant and statistics department and other documents proving that you do have this job an dit is paid as highly as is indicated in the reference.
It is very hard for Ukrainians to travel abroad on their own. However, if there is a host in Western-Europe with adequate income, this host can sign a (financial) guarantee. In my experience, it is not very hard to get a tourist visa this way.
Old 17th July 2003, 16:43

V-G has a spectacular aura aboutV-G has a spectacular aura aboutV-G has a spectacular aura about
Albatros is right.

I travelled to Germany on multiple occasions and I had no problem getting a visa since a friend of mine sent me official invitation. Last time I went was about 2.5 years ago and I paid less than a $100 US for my visa!! $800 sounds rediculously high (even if they raised the fee, though I doubt they did). As to $1000 cash... not needed if she is coming to visit you, if she just went to visit Paris, them most likely yes, but having you meet her at the airport makes you liable to secure her come back.

That's how much I know, hope it helps.

PS The fees she told you would have sounded realistic had she been travelling to the USA (from what I know) but not to Western Europe, did she get them confused on purpose? Good luck.
Old 17th July 2003, 16:43

sashabaha

Thanks for the help.. If visiting West Europe is such a hassle, maybe I can meet her somewhere else.. I would assume getting a visa to Prague, Warsaw, etc. is less stringent! does any one know for sure?
Old 17th July 2003, 16:47

V-G has a spectacular aura aboutV-G has a spectacular aura aboutV-G has a spectacular aura about
As far as I know, Ukrainians don't need a visa to go to Poland.. but that could have changed (I haven't been to Ukraine in over 2 years). If it changed, I am sure there is no problem to get a visa for Poland...
Old 17th July 2003, 17:33

albatros
Quote:
Originally posted by sashabaha

Thanks for the help.. If visiting West Europe is such a hassle, maybe I can meet her somewhere else.. I would assume getting a visa to Prague, Warsaw, etc. is less stringent! does any one know for sure?
Again, with an invitation / guarantee it's not such a problem to get a tourist visa for Western-Europe.

If you decide to meet on neutral territory i suggest Hungary. She won't require a visa for Hungary, she will need a visa for Poland.

But i fail to understand why would you want to meet this girl at all? All the signs regarding her reliability and sincerity are red!
Old 17th July 2003, 17:41

albatros
sashabaha, you seem to be a bit in denial about the scamming tendencies of your "sweetheart".

Before you sort out your visa stuff, i would advise you to go to google.com, type in the words "ukrainian woman scam".

I'm quite sure you will find some stories that are of interest to you. In fact i would not be surprised if you would find your "sweetheart" on some blacklist: a list of known scammers with profiles, pictures, (alias)-names and modus operandi.
Old 17th July 2003, 18:42

sashabaha

Guys, thanks for the reply. Albatros, I thank you for your sincere advice. Maybe I am in little bit of denial!

I guess I do not mind paying her a little. I would like to help her within normal. But I hate to be a victim of extortion. The way I look at it is that she is not much different from any other woman in any other country. How many girls in France/Europe would stay with their partners if they didn't pay for them (gifts, house, restaurants, food,..). Especially if they are good looking girls. I am just being practical about it. Or perhaps, as Albatros said, I am in denial.

I will also check for the anti-scam websites. Many thanks, I sincerely appreciate your replies.