Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Personals > Personals

Notices

a nice girl seeks a marriage partner

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 9th June 2003, 13:32

Irene1972
Daer Terrance, I can't speak for Vera but I will contact her and ask her if she wants to meet you or not. Maybe, yoru age is nto right for her? How old are you?
She did mentioned that a handsome doctor wrote her a letter. But when I asked her why she didn't reply she answered that she wanted a man right now and you seemed to be so far away. I believe teh best option for you will be to call her directly and talk to her. I can do it myself but I hate matchmaking stuff. As for the flat I can offer you many options including my own flat. Just today I saw a two room flat for $35 per day. Don't ever worry about a flat. In Internet they're usually priced twice as much while here in local newspapers they're advertised freely for their initial price and there're many people now renting their flats. So, even if you came here I would have found you a flat the same day. I know at least two flats on Deribasovskaya and many on other streets of historical centre.
My e-mail is randal_bond@yahoo.com
Irene
Old 9th June 2003, 14:23

Irene1972
Terrance,

I just called Vera and yes, she's interested in you but somehow she deleted your letters by mistake. They occupied too much space in her mailbox and she meant to leave only one but somehow deleted all. So she asked me to tell you she's waiting for your call in the evening.

Again, don't 'worry about a flat. I just remembered about a flat that has been just renovated in semi-luxe style and has not been rented yet. Again, it will not be a problem. Hopefully, I hleped you a little.
Ira
Old 10th June 2003, 19:20

Irene1972
Vera is writing

Terrance, I'm that very Vera you contacted by e-mail. I want to profusely apologize for my silence. An awkward thing has happened. After reading your letter (which I found interesting as well as your pictures of a very attractive man) I deleted your letters by mistake not meaning to do this. Altogether they occupied too much space and my mailbox has hardly opened, almost half an hour. So, I decided to leave the text and delete the pictures but somehow deleted them all. I feel really sorry about what has happened and am writing to you right from Irene's house to tell you that I am sincerely interested in this relationship. I would love to invite you to come over and be my guest. It looks like you took an offence but please dont. I didn't mean to hurt you or disregard you, it just happened. Hopefully, I'm writing not too late? I just loved your pictures and would like to send you mine to see if you like them as much as I did your ones. Please let me know if youre still interested.
Old 11th June 2003, 18:47

TDog
I received my visa today

Irene- why did Vera change her mind so suddenly? My impression was that she did not wish to meet foreign men at all, and I thought her reasoning for this decision was valid.

You are kind to offer me the opportunity to rent your flat, thank you. However, I prefer to make my lodging arrangements through a registered travel agency for safety purposes.

Unipress agency in Odessa offers flats near the city center for 40USD per night and up. I have used them in the past, and they provided excellent service. Sometimes I make lodging arrangements through private parties, but only if that person is well known to me in advance.

Perhaps you could assist me in some other capacity?
Could you arrange for my transfer from Odessa to Borispol airport on July 4? I do not know the train schedules, except that they usually arrive at their destination in the early morning. It would be ideal if my arrival in Kiev occured during the late afternoon instead.

PS- I'm employed in a medical profesion, but not as a physician.

Old 11th June 2003, 19:14

Irene1972
I'm sorry that you got suspicious about Vera. I believe I will leave it the way it is. I know the truth but you go the way you wish. And she never changed her mind. What gave you this impression?
Of course I can arrange your transfer to Odessa from Borispol and I used to do it in the past but why should I if I don't even know you? I coudl do it for Vera bu tnot for a stanger.
As for your profession I guess her English is not good enough. But it doesn't matter now.
Old 12th June 2003, 00:09

fenicks
Wink

Hi Irene and Terrence,

Sorry to intrude but I noticed the last posting of Irene.

First of all Terrance, I guess you will be arriving at Odessa by plane and want to go by train to Kiev?
If so it seems irrational since more flights are going to Kiev and it is cheaper to fly directly. Then there is the possiblity to go from odessa by plane to kiev (more expensive but faster)

Terrance, it seems to me that you are asking to get train tickets for you from Odessa to Kiev while Irene is living in Kiev. This will be quite some logistical problem for her. I think she could arrange it but she needs to know someone in Odessa to get the ticket for you and give it to you. The train system is not like an Airlinecompany where you can reserve very easy a tiket and will be there at some counter waiting for you. Mostly it takes quite some time and arranging to get you a good ticket and the tickets will have to be issued on your complete name.

For the confusion with Vera, Terrance it seems to me that Vera does did act like she did to save mone. Realise that altough for you maybe 5grivna are only one dollar but but to a person living in the Ukraine this can be quite a lot. People when they have a good job will earn maybe 300dollars a month. So $5 diverence in the renting price is quite high for ukraine standards.
So to be honest to you my fiancee also brokeoff bigdownloads when it took to much time. And even with my fiancee who is an university graduate language was especially in the beginning an problem in witch misunderstandings and arguments and mistrust because of it where looking around the corner. Ukrainian Woman are very proud and like to be handled with politeness as gentlemen should. And believe me Ukrainian men do this...

For security matters the risk with residential copanies seems to me just as big. But you could best take first an hotel and judge Irenes appartment or any other appartment at the spot and decide what appartment you like.

Berealistic, you are traveling to the Ukraine. See it as renting an appartment downtown there is always an risk involved. But to publicly speak this out is quite an insult to Irene and I do not understaand you, you are not trusting her appartment but you trust her to reserve you an rail ticket. She could easy get you an ticket in an 2nd class coupe with 3criminals who will rob you, or picpocket you.... even worse there is alway the chance to get picpocketed while you sleep in the train.....

(Sorry Irene , not that I believe you would but still to get him realise risks. But he seems to not realise that criminals can be everywhere and alo in realestate companies he finds over the internet.)

Good luck to both of you and to Vera

Old 12th June 2003, 06:05

TDog
Irene, you seemed to have misunderstood me and it's my deepest regret that you think I'm suspicious of Vera or you as a person. I am also partly to blame for this misunderstanding, and will try to explain my rationale so that we might remain in good standing with each other. Unfortunately, I am at work now and unable to provide additional information at this time.