Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Personals > Personals

Notices

I am looking for Ukrainian husband

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 6th June 2003, 21:36

yurilev0
Listek,

Instead of clicking reply, try initiating a new letter and type in my address.

Yuri
Old 8th June 2003, 22:32

Listekwiatremgnany
Yuri!
Warsaw is a very interesting place to live. I like it very much.There are lots of tourists especially in spring and summer.
My students are 17 -18 years old. I like teaching (some of them...)The truth is that they don't want to learn.It's a little bit frustrating for a teacher. Perhaps it's too hot. I remember when I was a schoolgirl I couldn't learn in spring...

I tried to write your e-mail and send You something but I failed again. Is it because I'm a blonde? How do You think?

I haven't had any problems with my computer so far...
I'll try tomorrow again.
M.
Old 10th June 2003, 14:18

yurilev0
Pryvit Lystek!

Dear Listek,

I thought perhaps your being a blond might be part of the problem, but you ARE a teacher after all, so I had to get rid of that theory. By the way, I am going through intermiediaries to arrange for an exhibit at Dziga gallery in Lviv around May of next year. Do you know people and places in Lviv? I've been there many times, a beautiful city. Does Warsaw have that old world look like Lviv, or was much of it destroyed during the war? What part of the mountains are you visiting this summer? I hope that at some point you are able to write to my address. There are things that I do not wish to discuss in this public place.

I'll write again soon blondie :-).

Yuri
Old 10th June 2003, 15:31

Zbyszek is on a distinguished road
Some instructions for blondies

I really have no idea about why Warsaw people are so cruel about blondies.

Typical examples:
How to instruct a blonde on placing an elephant inside a
cooler?
Dear blonde, do as follows:
1. Open a cooler.
2. Insert an elephant.
2. Close a cooler.

Additional question to test blonde's intelligence:

How to place a girafe in a cooler?

Blondie answers: open a cooler, insert a girafe....

Wrong blondie:
1. Open a cooler.
2. Remove an elephant.
3. Insert a girafe.
and do not forget to close a cooler carefully.

The last chance for a blonde:

Why an ice-cream can not be put in a cooler?
Blonde: Hmmm, is it because you are ice-cream hungry?
No blondie, it is only because there is a girafe in a cooler.

Listek, take no offence please, you surely know these kinds of jokes. Do you remember any jokes about militiamen?

Yuri, Lviv can be compared to Cracow, both town have similar pleasant Renaissance & Baroque character.
Warsaw was one big heap of rubbish at the end of WWII. "The Pianist" film of Roman Polanski tells a heart-breaking story about it.

Listek & Yuri sorry again for interrupting your exchange but any public discussion involves some risk of interference.
Regards
Zbigniew
Old 10th June 2003, 15:40

yurilev0
Zbig

Do not take offense. Blonds have this kind of reputation all over the world. It is ironic that they are so desired yet held in such low regard as to intelligence. However, there is a correlation here. A woman's beauty is her currency in this world. Very often when a woman is attractive, she feels no need to develop other aspects of her being.

By the way Zbig, I have been meaning to ask you something. A Belarussian friend of mine,actually my Belarussian brother-in-law who is very objective and intelligent tells me that during the 1600s the Belarussian language was one of the two official tongues of rezaspotpolita. I know I massacrered the spelling, please fogive me. DO you know if there is any truth to this?

Yuri
Old 10th June 2003, 16:04

Zbyszek is on a distinguished road
Ruska mova

Quote:
Originally posted by yurilev0
By the way Zbig, I have been meaning to ask you something. A Belarussian friend of mine,actually my Belarussian brother-in-law who is very objective and intelligent tells me that during the 1600s the Belarussian language was one of the two official tongues of rezaspotpolita. I know I massacrered the spelling, please fogive me. DO you know if there is any truth to this?

Yuri
Hi Yuri, your brother-in-law is right. In fact, the language that was official in the Grand Lithuanian Duchy which was a part of Rzeczpospolita was called: Ruska mova (Ruthenian language). Belarussian can be regarded as a very close language to the Old Church Slavonic which probably developed into Ruthenian and later Ukrainian.
There was no written Lithuanian language at that time and Polish was much closer to Ruthenian than it is now to Ukrainian or Russian.
Our ancestors put much more effort in understanding one another than we do. Also, in the wilderness which prevailed in Eastern Europe at that time, it was nice to meet a human being speaking similar language ...lol.
Yuri, I remember your previous question about the Celtic presence in Eastern Europe but I just have no time to answer in detail.
Regards.

Lviv was a local capital of the province (voyvodship) which was simply called Voyevodstvo Ruskie within Rzeczpospolita. (XVIIth century).
Old 13th June 2003, 14:17

Rysalka
Zbyszek

Psheprasham, Zbyszek

I couldn't help but comment on your reply to Lystek, how sensitive and refined it was. It has been a very, very long time since I have seen such gentility.

Warmest regards....Rysalka