Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Personals > Personals

Notices

Forum members, who is single here???

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18th March 2003, 19:25

yurilev0
Gutsulka,

What exercises in Photography are you presently doing?

Yura
Old 18th March 2003, 19:37

gutsulka
Yura,

our last project was self-portrait, and it was honestly the most difficult part of the whole course

I did not do bad though, I think

Now I"m working on my portfolio. I'm a photojournalist in my nature; I love photographing people ...

Gutsulka
Old 18th March 2003, 19:50

yurilev0
Gutsulka,

Self portraits are difficult because they demand honesty and truth. It's the same principle that makes a person nervous or uneasy when they hear their own voice on a recording. Whenever truth is depicted visually then it is difficult to show it to the world.

I have a photojornalist's soul also. Although my newwest work is in special effects, my pictures from Ukraine are almost all of people. If you have the time and desire come take a look at it.

Yura
Old 18th March 2003, 19:51

yurilev0
Wink to Gutsulka

By "it" I mean my web page

Y
Old 18th March 2003, 19:52

gutsulka
V-G,

I worked at Admissions office for 2 years with the "guy" you told me about. I can tell you, that he was as serious about Harvard as you're now about UKMA. What is true about admissions to UKMA is that there are NO privileges for anybody.And that's what he was trying to explain to you
I doubt you would get answers for the questions that were going to be on a coming test. More likely, it would be last year's ones...
But even if it's true....in Ukraine with its old soviet authority..what would you expect ? Absolutely no exceptions? Even in UKMA> which is becoming the most prestigious VUZ in Ukraine.
Personally, I didn't pay a "kopiyka" for my studying in UKMA, and my friends (without any Harvard or even "Atlantic" education)were able to pass test (when they would have to pay $2000 of "black money" in order to get into other universities). I don't want to generalize.
Still, UKMA was the only choice for me. My mom wouldn't be able to pay for my education otherwise.

don't let your personal experience put UKMA down, please.

sincerely,

Gutsulka
Old 18th March 2003, 20:01

gutsulka
There is no Law school, but there is wonderful Master's program in Economics. I think it is based on English-speaking faculty, and the dean is actually an American.
I can tell you a lot of good things about UKMA.
Maybe because my personal experience was so good? Who knows?
My former roommate left "Prykarpatskyy Universytet" in Iv-Fr., and went to UKMA na sviy ryzyk, without any money. She is happy now. What can I say?

Maybe UKMA is not for everybody, you know? You just have to feel it's kinda your place, that's it. I see you succeed with your Western education. I'm glad for you. On the other hand, if I didn't study in Mohylyanka, I would never win an exchange program that would pay for my one-year study in USA>

Kozhnomu svoe, I would say

Best,

Gutsulka
Old 19th March 2003, 00:35

V-G has a spectacular aura aboutV-G has a spectacular aura aboutV-G has a spectacular aura about
Actually I didn't pay for my two years in UK either. In fact the scholarship I got paid for my travel as well as two exchange programs and lifeguard training etc. I got a certificate that English is my native language after completing a required course, so I didn't see any reason why I should not get English test waived at UKMA. Ahh... now that I read my post I see that my opinion of UKMA is based on personal negative experience . Just ignore my comments; I have nothing constructive to say. I am glad that you and your friends are happy with the school, it's all what matters. In fact, I must confess that I lacked about 10 points to get into law division of UKMA when I applied. It maybe because I was not smart enough or maybe because I already had the offer from UK and did not study for entrance exams... who knows?