Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Personals > Personals

Notices

Forum members, who is single here???

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26th March 2003, 19:22
Quarantined User

mishaaverko
Yura

Ahhh! So you're taking the side of one faction of the squabbling family. They're nevertheless family and the historical reality shows that a good many of people from the territory of Ukraine were among Russia's greatest figures, who wouldn't be in agreement with your idea of two different countries in the manner of Poland and Russia being two different countries.

Poland and Russia are like Ireland and England, whereas Russia and Ukraine are more like England and Scotland, with the Russians and Ukrainians being linguitically and ethnically more related to each other than the English and Scotts are with themselves.
Old 27th March 2003, 03:45

V-G has a spectacular aura aboutV-G has a spectacular aura aboutV-G has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by mishaaverko
V-G

Take your time. You show yourself to be a coherent thinker, which leads me to believe that eventually you will come to the conclusion that I previously suggested about this matter being very open to interpretation, of which Yuri isn't completely right on the specifics that he takes issue with me. In turn, one can reasonably raise some claims about some of my views being open to interpretation, with yours truly doing likewise to my detractors.

This has been an ongoing debate. I think it extremely disingenuous for someone to flat out deny my overall take. Such individuals typically don't address the points I raise, while clinging to instances that they perceive as being in support of their contentions.

Ukraine is right now separate from Russia. However, many inside Ukraine remain Russocentric. In the past, Mazeppa and Petlura lost because in large part many on the territory of Ukraine didn't support them.

I see Ukraine as sort of like Scotland. Depending on region ("High Lands" versus "Low Lands"), some Scots are militant nationalists, while others are among Britain's greatest patriots. One thing for certain, linguistically and racially, Russians and Ukrainians are more closely related than Scotts and English.
Misha, trust me, if from my further reading I realise that you were right, I will admit that. For now, I have to concentrate on my study for the courses I am taking hence, it will be at least a month till I get back to this discussion with some proper thoughts.
By the way, Misha, feel free to contact me in private (e-mail).

Old 27th March 2003, 11:16
Quarantined User

mishaaverko
V-G

Will do.