Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Personals > Personals

Notices

Marriage in Ukraine

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 1st March 2003, 02:33

itsastruggle
Thanks Olena

I appreciate the information you have given me. Unfortunatly I will have to go through the Nebraska office.
The reason for the marriage in Ukraine is that the US Embassy in Kiev now takes the K3 visa papers, I think this is the I-130, and then sends them to Warsaw. I was told that since this is happening,the K3 is taking less time then the K1. I don't really know though. If you look on the website for the embassy in Kiev it talkes about this new service. I have been thinking lately though that the K1 would be better for us except for the fact that her family wouldn't be able to participate.
If you have anymore advice it would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Keith
Old 1st March 2003, 13:16

OlenaKiev
Post We have the same situation of waiting

HI!!!
Keith, I am so SORRY about your process is gong in Nebraska. This office is the slowest, it really has not good fame. It would be better to have process in Vermont, but what we can do? :-) Actually process of my fiancé and mine is going through Nebraska too so we are in the same situation. Couldn’t you tell me the date of your 1 stNOA? ours is 29 of January. We could see out timeline together … lol… it would be easier to know that someone waits too. Don’t your woman live in Kiev? I am sorry for lots of questions. I will give you my email selvi@i.com.ua , feel free to write me.

Well…. about K3 Visa. Unfortunately people in Embassy can write you lots of things, but all this has no sense (maybe a little), the same is with office in Nebraska. The matter is that they talk in general, but we have our own cases. I think you have read that in case with K3 first you need to get an approval of I-129F that is going in US through the same slowest INS in US. I am not sure if you have to send it to Nebraska like I-129 (K1 Visa), but from all information I had read on sites (government and only informational sites) people wait about a year for approval of I-129F. I even read advice of INS (sorry don’t remember site, if you want, I can find one) where they advise not to go through K3 visa. My fiancé and I were going to get married in Ukraine too, but he is smart guy and after reading piles of Internet pages said “NO”, I don’t want it to go for long time so we will go through K1 Visa. And I am HAPPY that he decided such way :-)) He is GREAT!!! AND…. don’t forget that Ukraine is former Soviet Union and it causes suspicious from INS people about intention to be married, but not to get US. Moreover, Keith, you sent papers K1 Visa already, so account time and you will be faster with it than spend time on papers again (about a month) then waiting and waiting.

Of course maybe someone has own experience with K3 Visa, if so I would like to hear it, as I am still interested in what is faster :-))
And for you I wish fast time in waiting because this time will be very long. As for me I HATE this time :-(
Best wishes,

Olenka
Old 5th May 2003, 01:12

wj
Lightbulb Mary in Ukraine

My fiancee and I want to gets marry on Ukraine. I already applied for the fiancee visa (K-1). Can we get marry right after she gets the visa?.
I know that it is better if I bring her to America first; but my family doesn't live in America and we will like to get marry in Church on Ukraine.

Please advise...

Thanks,
jc
Old 7th May 2003, 21:19

OlenaKiev
Smile

Hello Jc,
Hope I will help you as I can. First of all my congratulations to you and your fiancée that you have found each other in this big world and understood that you were good for each other.
Fiancee visa is nonimmigrant visa for fiancée/fiancé of US citizens who wants to get marry on the territory of US. Getting of visa of this type is very long process, of course if you are not going through VSC which takes an approvals via 15-20 days. May I get to know which Service Center you are going through? My fiancé and I are going through NSC and it is long waiting ahead. So after your fiancée will get a visa she will have 90 days to come to US to marry you. Only you and no one else. If marriage don’t take a place, she will need to leave US. She will have a right to go through US boarders only once (one-entry visa). Of course fiancée/fiancé will leave own families and would like to have marriage party. BUT….. don’t make a mistake having an official marriage outside US. In this case your fiancée will loose the right to come to US with K1 visa!!!! Pay an attention that I said official marriage. If you get married in Ukrainian church without official papers, only religious marriage, it is ok. I have read some sites of Ukrainian(Russian)-American couples who married in church (religious marriage) before coming to US and having official marriage with getting marriage license first and then marriage certificate.

Fell free yourself to email me to selvi@i.com.ua

Have a look also to http://britishexpats.com/forum you can ask everything you are interested in on this forum for marriage-based US Visas.

Olenka
Old 9th May 2003, 04:26

wj
Olenka,

Thanks a lot for your advises. I am applying for K-1 visa through Vermont center.
Do you know something about the Spousal(K-3) visa?, I have found out that this visa was created few years back. I consulted with an inmigration attorney firm; and they told me that nowdays the K-1 visa NJ-Ukraine takes aprox. 100 days, and the K-3 visa takes aprox. 80 days. That if I want I can change from the K-1 visa to the K-3 visa.

Thank you again for your advises,
Have a wonderful day,

JC
Old 7th June 2003, 07:37

fenicks
Under mariage certificate

Hi All,

I am soory I can not contribute to US and Canada based procedures but i might have an idea for this impasso.

For as far as I know in the whole of Europe there is the procedure that you have to go first into under marriage before you can marriage. The precise orgigine is at this moment not known to me but I believe it was in the past also because of the blood tests to prefvent incompetible bloodgroups and procedures to check if you are not related or married already.
For as far as i know the waiting periode after the mariage differs from country to country but it does not tell that you will have to spend this time together.

So in other words you can travel in the meantime back and come back on the date of the marriage. I do not know the possibilities in the Ukrainian law but there is normally an minimum and maximum date of maraiage. So you can Marry between those both dates. In the Netherlands this is after a couple of weeks till one year after the signing of the document.

For the people who want to marry in the church, realise that the mariage for the Law stands loose from the wedding in the church. So you will have to do both seperate but the order does not make an difference.

Then there is the possibility of an marriage in the Embassy.of your Country..... I do not know if it is possible but i know that Dutch citezens can do so. Just ask your Forein affairs office or the embassy in the Ukrian.

Regards,

Nick
Old 7th June 2003, 15:17

OlenaKiev
Re: Under mariage certificate

Hello Nick,
The matter is that every country has own rules about marriage, so there are different enquirments about papers and procedures.
Quote:
Originally posted by fenicks
For as far as I know in the whole of Europe there is the procedure that you have to go first into under marriage before you can marriage. The precise orgigine is at this moment not known to me but I believe it was in the past also because of the blood tests to prefvent incompetible bloodgroups and procedures to check if you are not related or married already.
Yes, in European countries you must quit previous marriage and of course to have evidence of this.
As I know Ukraine government doesn't demand blood test neither for Ukrainian couples, nor for foreign fiancees.
Quote:
For as far as i know the waiting periode after the mariage differs from country to country but it does not tell that you will have to spend this time together.
We talked about waiting time for visa before marriage (fiancee visa) or after marriage (spousal visa)in US. For K1 Visa (fiancee visa) The most couples can't meet during visa process. Because of this fact we talked with JC about times which is needed to obtain visa for fiancee and spouse to know what one will be shorter. It is too hard to wait and if petition is going through TSC or NSC it takes around 7-8 months. It is very long time. I hope in your country it is shorter.
Thanks JC who had found info that it is faster to obtaine visa getting married in Ukraine and then do process through US Embassy in Kiev.

Quote:
I do not know the possibilities in the Ukrainian law but there is normally an minimum and maximum date of maraiage. So you can Marry between those both dates. In the Netherlands this is after a couple of weeks till one year after the signing of the document.
sorry, what dates you mean? Is it like marriage license in US which you need to get before marriage for a week or more?

Olenka