Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Personals > Personals

Notices

Beware of those Marriage Agencies from Ukraine

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 19th December 2000, 18:51

Bandit
Thumbs down

Beware of so called Married Agencies from Ukraine. I found a beautiful girl called Milla [later on I found out that that was not her real name either] through the Internet. I started e-mailing her. She was the sweetest thing. She wrote several letters to me. I was stupid enough to ignore the fact that she had proclaimed herself to be a Biologist, a high school Teacher, and an Engineer, all within a span of just ten days! How stupid could I be. She was writing the most beautiful letters [though she knew no English] possible, with the help of her agency. Then she wrote to me to pay for three months' correspondence, including translation so that she could write to me without having to pay for them. Cool--I thought, and stupid me, sent the money, NOT through a credit card, but through Western Union to the agency. The name of the agency is Ballad of Ukraine or the Amour of Ukraine. The name of the agency manager to whom I sent the money to is Natali Romanovskaya of Odessa, Ukraine. You can see them at www.Amour-of-Ukraine.com You can also see the girl under New Girls. Her name is Milla and she is #251 on page 51. I spent nearly US$200 and Natali Romanovskaya, the Manager of the agency, after a couple of e-mails, did confirm that she had received the money. But that was the last time I heard from any of the two ladies. So, stupid North Americans like me.....beware! The lack of scruples on the part of some folks in that part of the world is something that you with your naivete would not be able to deal with.

DO NOT make these "agencies" and their "girls" any richer, my friends...I fortunately make enough to forget the loss of nearly $200, but the violation of my honesty is something that I find hard to deal with.

Hope you learn from someone else's mistake.

Bandit

[This message has been edited by Bandit (edited 19 December 2000).]
Old 20th December 2000, 08:17

Stephen_Bailey
Talking

Yeah, my sincere comiserations. I know how you feel.
If it's any consolation (?) It could've been worse.
(Without wishing to sound moaning) I spent $2,000 on my version of your "Mila" and made the error of loving her, and had to read a stream of abuse about my country.
I hesitate to quote Stalin to an American person , but, "Anything that doesn't kill you makes you stronger!" - and it's true.

I think a few of the replies you're gonna get on here will be along the lines of "serves you right" or "told you so". Just let it go in one ear and out the other!

Regards, S.B.
Old 20th December 2000, 15:12

Irena
Send a message via ICQ to Irena
Talking

Ukrainian proverb: "Marriages are made on Heaven", but not through Internet.
Old 20th December 2000, 16:02

Stephen_Bailey
Talking

As I just said ...............

I disagree with this proverb. I'm sure there are already many happy marriages between people who first encountered each other on the Internet.
Good luck to them all.

Bandit, if you happen to read this, I have a 'tip' for you.
My Ukrainian friends in England suggest you have a look at www.kharkovgirls.com
I'm told they are 100% Kosha.
Hope all works out for you. Don't be deterred. Ukrainian girls are very special.

Regards, S.B.
Old 20th December 2000, 20:53

Bandit
Talking

I am not surprised that you are advertising the dual side of your Ukrainian nature through your comment. You believe that marriages are made in Heaven? And you DON'T believe that marriages are made through the Internet? Then why are you Ukrainians flocking to the West in marriages to the Westerners THROUGH THE INTERNET when you believe that marriages are made in Heaven? You lie and cheat as easily as you breathe....

Quote:
Originally posted by Irena:
Ukrainian proverb: "Marriages are made on Heaven", but not through Internet.
Old 20th December 2000, 21:19

Bandit
Wink

Stephen...

I felt that you were too upset when the person of your dreams disappeared to the US with someone else and wrote all kinds of derogatory remarks about your country. I think, if you take a step back and think about it carefully, it has been a blessing in disguise. You have been saved by a rare stroke of good luck from the clutches of the fourth witch of Macbeth! Though I agree with you that your emotional commitment was high, and so also was the financial commitment, don't you think that you were saved at the last moment from a total disaster? Could you imagine what would have happened if you had married such a low life and brought her home? You would have lost all your peace of mind, your money, and could have been even dead? OMIGOD! See, how lucky you have been?

No, I am not at all upset by your comments about Americans. Most Americans are very nice people. They also generally make a lot more money than most Europeans. But then you all have a major advantage. Europe is so romantic compared to most of North America. My sister lives in England and I go there at least once a year. It is so beautiful and romantic. Besides, the Ukrainians could go home to visit their friends and relatives more frequently from Europe than from here. As a result, many of them are more inclined to marry an European rather than an American. Just so that you know. You seem to be a nice person, and I am certain that you have been saved from a total disaster by some kind of divine intervention, and would be happy in life with your new wife.

By the way, these Ukrainians are used to making only between $20 and $50 a month, and are dazzled by the money the Westerners, such as you, make. If I were you that have learned any lesson from the one that left for greener pastures, I would certainly go for a prenupital agreement to protect my money, BEFORE tying the knot. Please promise me that you would think about it?

Thanks for the website address. I appreciate it very much. Do you know of any more reliable ones? Good luck!

Bandit

Quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Bailey:
Yeah, my sincere comiserations. I know how you feel.
If it's any consolation (?) It could've been worse.
(Without wishing to sound moaning) I spent $2,000 on my version of your "Mila" and made the error of loving her, and had to read a stream of abuse about my country.
I hesitate to quote Stalin to an American person , but, "Anything that doesn't kill you makes you stronger!" - and it's true.

I think a few of the replies you're gonna get on here will be along the lines of "serves you right" or "told you so". Just let it go in one ear and out the other!

Regards, S.B.
Old 21st December 2000, 15:22

nesmoht
Talking

For the record...

Irena is wrong, when she says "Marriages are made in Heaven" and not on the internet, and I'm the living proof of it. I've been happily married for 3 years now, and I'm sure it will last. In any way you can think of, we are a normal family. My wife just happens to come from Ukraine, which she hate (maybe because she is russian). We didn't meet via an agency, but she had internet access from home, and we got to know each other in a usenet newsgroup (relcom.penpals I think) and emailed each other each day for months. A very good way to get to know each other. It's fast and it's free, and I can't see what's wrong with it. Is it better to get drunk, get laid, get married and find out 5 years later, that you really don't know or like the person you married, but now it's to late.