Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Personals > Personals

Notices

Beware of those Marriage Agencies from Ukraine

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22nd February 2012, 14:51

Gotno Gizmo is on a distinguished road
I would not go to the expense or effort of going to any airport, getting on a flight, and possibly travelling many hours accross a country to meet a lady that I had never met until I had:-

1. Written to the lady (using translator software if necessary) to ensure that we had enough similar interests, ideals of purpose, and mutual expectations to make a relationship more likely.

2. Exchanged full length recent photographs, although honesty is required here (not just photo studio images).

3. Spoken to the lady over the telephone to learn what I could by that means (fixed telephone as well as mobile is better).

4. Ensure I had less chance of arriving at the agreed place to find nobody was there, because I had been subject to a joker or feckless woman who had changed her mind. This possibility is reduced by writing to her postal address and getting back from her confirmation beyond doubt that she has received it. An email address alone is worthless to try and follow up if this should happen. If she has a genuine reason for not being there it can be established using the telephone numbers already used. If telephone use is inconclusive and you still want to follow things up, you still have a postal address.

The internet is a wonderful tool for bringing potentially loving couples together, its use can also bring dissapoinment for those who act on impetuosity.
Old 22nd February 2012, 19:37

AkMike is on a distinguished road
Add 'Skype', 'Igoogle' ect. to your list of needed communications GG. Seeing reactions to questions and talking is wonderful!

For us it is so nice to be able to see and talk to our loved ones halfwway around the world.

Retirement sucks! You never get a day off!!!