Go Back   Ukraine.com Discussion Forum > Personals > Personals

Notices

Beware of those Marriage Agencies from Ukraine

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 21st December 2000, 16:15

StasUA
Send a message via ICQ to StasUA
Bandit, I feel sorry for what has happened to you. But you must not judge all Ukrainians by your negative experience.

Good luck,
Stas
Old 21st December 2000, 17:45

Irena
Send a message via ICQ to Irena
Question

Quote:
Originally posted by nesmoht:
For the record...

Irena is wrong, when she says "Marriages are made in Heaven" and not on the internet, and I'm the living proof of it. I've been happily married for 3 years now, and I'm sure it will last. In any way you can think of, we are a normal family. My wife just happens to come from Ukraine, which she hate (maybe because she is russian). We didn't meet via an agency, but she had internet access from home, and we got to know each other in a usenet newsgroup (relcom.penpals I think) and emailed each other each day for months. A very good way to get to know each other. It's fast and it's free, and I can't see what's wrong with it. Is it better to get drunk, get laid, get married and find out 5 years later, that you really don't know or like the person you married, but now it's to late.
Nesmoht,
I didn't understand.Your wife comes from Ukraine? Does she hate Ukraine for? Does she love Russia?

Old 21st December 2000, 19:47

Bandit
Talking

Hello Stas...

I agree with you a hundred percent. I have some excellent Ukrainian friends in Canadaa and in the USA. They are very different from what I have experience on the Net. They always tell me that most Ukrainians are very good people, but that there are also some very unscrupulous people in that part of the world. It is ironic that at least two of them that I am very close to had advised me against sending money to the Amour of Ukraine through Western Union and had suggested that I worked with US based marriage agencies such as Scanna or Anastasia. Well, it cost me two hundred dollars to listen to their advice.

Thanks for your interest.

Sincerely,

Bandit

Quote:
Originally posted by StasUA:
Bandit, I feel sorry for what has happened to you. But you must not judge all Ukrainians by your negative experience.

Good luck,
Stas
Old 21st December 2000, 19:55

Bandit
Talking

Quote:
For the record...

Irena is wrong, when she says "Marriages are made in Heaven" and not on the internet, and I'm the living proof of it. I've been happily married for 3 years now, and I'm sure it will last. In any way you can think of, we are a normal family. My wife just happens to come from Ukraine, which she hate (maybe because she is russian). We didn't meet via an agency, but she had internet access from home, and we got to know each other in a usenet newsgroup (relcom.penpals I think) and emailed each other each day for months. A very good way to get to know each other. It's fast and it's free, and I can't see what's wrong with it. Is it better to get drunk, get laid, get married and find out 5 years later, that you really don't know or like the person you married, but now it's to late.
Old 21st December 2000, 20:01

Bandit
Talking

Hi Nesmoht...

Thanks for the encouraging remarks and for sharing your experience. Yours looks like a marriage "made in Internet" and one that is obviously going to work for a long time - sounds like from your confidence level.

Following your cue, I tried to get on to relcom.penpals, but could not. What do I have to do to get there? Would you please help me out a little bit with directions? Would that be a website?

I would indeed appreciate your help.

Thanks again for your interest.

Sincerely,

Bandit

Quote:
For the record...

Old 21st December 2000, 20:33

Bandit
Thumbs up

Hello Stephen...

Following your suggestion, I checked up the Kharkov girls website. It really did not seem that much different from the Amour-of-Ukraine that cheated me out of my money, though I am not trying to paint them with the same brush.

I have two excellent Ukrainian friends that I am very close to. Their advice has all along been for me NOT to deal with any agency that is BASED IN Ukraine. They had all along suggested that I deal with US-based agencies which are governed by more civilized US laws and I can take them to court if they cheat. I talked to them about you, and they suggested that you look for some UK-based marriage agencies for Ukrainian women.

Let's know how it goes, and good luck!

Sincerely,

Bandit

Quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Bailey:
As I just said ...............

I disagree with this proverb. I'm sure there are already many happy marriages between people who first encountered each other on the Internet.
Good luck to them all.

Bandit, if you happen to read this, I have a 'tip' for you.
My Ukrainian friends in England suggest you have a look at www.kharkovgirls.com
I'm told they are 100% Kosha.
Hope all works out for you. Don't be deterred. Ukrainian girls are very special.

Regards, S.B.
Old 22nd December 2000, 12:19

Stephen_Bailey
Smile

If anyone out there is staging a "Jerk of The Century" contest; please consider ME for the title!!

I've recently (very recently) returned from Phoenix. I wanted to bring my American girlfriend with me, but her PAROLE OFFICER had other ideas !!
OK, I thought, anyone can make a mistake in life. What were you in jail for? Shoplifting? Drunk-driving maybe?
" Armed Robbery " !!
She'd forgotten to mention that small matter.
So, looks like "the wedding's off" (again)

That aside, I can understand why my Ex-before-last ditched me for an American guy.
I must admit, the USA is a country that knows where it's going.

Anyway. My Ukrainian friends (in England) advised me to give www.kharkovgirls a try. So far, I'm impressed.
The girl I'm communicating with is using her own money to pay for English lessons - and wouldn't allow me to send her any.
She insisted, right from the start, on knowing why I wanted a Ukrainian wife and made me justify it.
She also told me she smokes and is not a good cook - and she wants to live in britain to earn her own money; not to be a 'trophy'.

Personally, this all sounds GREAT to me. I think she's 100% genuine.
( Maybe I'm not such a jerk after all? )

I'll keep you posted.